Hunting Vest?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Cutemloose

Hunting Vest?

Post by Cutemloose »

What would you guys recommend for a good hunting vest for under $40 dollars thanks
Team Trackemdown- Missouri Rabbits Running For Their Lives

Triple_S

Re: Hunting Vest?

Post by Triple_S »

for sure something with hunter orange.
but i'm sure thats a give'en. did you look in cabelas?

Cutemloose

Post by Cutemloose »

yes i looked but i found only one in my price range it was nice its my dads call as he is the one with the money :biggrin:
Team Trackemdown- Missouri Rabbits Running For Their Lives

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I belive I paid $45 for the one I got from Wick's. You will never wear it out. I ran dogs with a guy who bought one 20 years ago and his looks new. Im not sure what they cost under new ownership.

If you get one made out of anything but the briar proof material it will only last till you go in the brush to retrieve game one time.

If I was going to buy a Wal-mart model I would find something else to spend $40 on.

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Chuck Terry

Post by Chuck Terry »

Check the Bill Boatman catalog. I got a good one (Walls Brand) at a reasonable price. I am not sure about the shipping though - it has gotten so expensive these days.

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

Ordered mine from Dick's Sporting Goods.Heavy Duty Nice Game Bag $39.95 Including Shipping.Of Course Over 40"of Blaze Orange
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I've used a bird hunters vest the last few years I bought a BassPro. Large front pockets and game bag hunter orange. Canvas made with open wide shoulder straps, I can wear it over my hooded zip-up orange sweatshirt or my heavy fleece camo coat because of the adjustable shoulder straps and adjustable waist buckle. I don't think I'll outgrow this one... :lol: ...and it's so easy to get on and off... ;)
:( only wish it had shell holder in the pockets.