Oct 3rd 2009 Rabbit hunt. First of the season

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joeyman

Oct 3rd 2009 Rabbit hunt. First of the season

Post by Joeyman »

It felt good to be back in the fields with my pack. I was waiting in the truck for the sun to come up. It was a little dry out and windy much of the morning. Nice and Cool out with a little overcast. We turned the dogs loose and had at it. With us on this hunt was my newest lil pup Lightning. She hadn't seen a dead rabbit before or been on an actual rabbit hunt yet either. She is 4.5months old. She took to it very well and I was surprised she packed up a much as she did. She got on a few runs for a short time. The first couple rabbits I showed her she had no interest. We killed one that was bleeding a bit once she got a taste of that it was like a lightbulb turned on in her little head. She kept jumping as high up in the air as she could to grab it. We hunted a few hours and our hunting party decided to stop at bunny number 7. We leashed them up and headed on home. It was a great start to the rabbit season.

here is some video for you to enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4wK3EYDJrQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpH5_7n4vlM

Here I am with my very first bunny of the season. Hounds were getting it hard out popped the rabbit at full speed ahead running from left to right. I shot once and a miss shot again and ROLLLL IT!!!!! haha I said that out loud too. First one of the season

Head shot. That was dan's kill. I held it up to show lightning

Here we are with the days kill. Thats my hunting buddy dan

Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

dave g

Re: Oct 3rd 2009 Rabbit hunt. First of the season

Post by dave g »

if you guys keep killing that many you are not going to have any left for next year. lol lets see you guys start using some .22s those head shots would be a little tougher.
seriously though good job looks like you guys had some fun.

later, dave

Cutemloose

Post by Cutemloose »

:lol: :lol: it was a good day indeed
Team Trackemdown- Missouri Rabbits Running For Their Lives

Cutemloose

Post by Cutemloose »

i wish pistol wouldve retrieved that one for the camera
Team Trackemdown- Missouri Rabbits Running For Their Lives

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Cutemloose wrote:i wish pistol wouldve retrieved that one for the camera
he will I know so. That was the first bunny he saw since feburary. He did pick it up and I bet if we would of waited another sec or two he would of brought it to me. We'll see the more bunnies we get the more it'll jog his memory to bring it to me. Leah with do it to. Just depends with her. But I hope as pistol grows older that he'll retrieve more often for me.

None the less still a great day in the field.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels