Season Opens in WV tomorrow!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BCBeagles

Season Opens in WV tomorrow!

Post by BCBeagles »

To all the hunters and especially all the folks from WV have a safe and fun season. If you hear the roar of hounds somewhere around Stonewall Jackson Lake
it will be Manny, BG, Al, Rocco, Jill, and Jazz. They will probably run a little crazy on the first couple, but they will settle down and hopefully circle a rabbit or two
to the Hall brothers with those darned old benelli's belching flames! Everyone have a great year!

bluecollar beagler

Re: Season Opens in WV tomorrow!

Post by bluecollar beagler »

good luck tomorrow fellas... ohio's started today and we ran 7 and killed 2 by 11. they flat burned them up this morning.... heading out tomorrow morning again for somemore action hopefully....

Triple_S

Post by Triple_S »

best of luck jim.

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

Yes It Was A Good Morning.We Had Good Running From 7-11.But Man Did It Get Hot Quick.We Jumped Either 11-12 Took 3.Dogs Did A Better Job Of Running Steady Pounding From The Time They Hit The Ground Until We Picked Them Up.Than Some Of Us Did Shooting.Not Mentioning Any Names But I Was 1 Those.How Many People Get To Go With 82Year Old Plus Their Son (3 Generations).
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

That is great! We had up 6-7 and the dogs ran really well. They were running them hard and accurate. It sure did get hot, but the dogs really hunted hard and jumped all
but one of the rabbits. I was surprised by how well they ran considering the wind and heat. I am very happy with the way the year started. I even got one, the only one we got,
after two shots I pulled of a miracle shot for the third one that downed him. Thank goodness those Benelli's can spit those shells out fast cause my shooting is nothing short of
awful.

wvhunter

Post by wvhunter »

We had a good time here in Mon. Co.. A few of us got together and the dogs ran 7-8 but then it got hot. All in all a pretty good time.
LP RCH BCH Wolfe's Da Bomb Sam (2 wins)
Barton Hollow Bolt Action
Bokes Creek Ellie
3M's Diesel
3M's Zoom Zoom Rage
3M's Da Bomb Muzzy