3 Days Of Rabbit Hunting....What a Blast had a Great Time

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joeyman

3 Days Of Rabbit Hunting....What a Blast had a Great Time

Post by Joeyman »

Well guys I said I was going to do a 3 day rabbit hunt and I did. Boy some of the mornings I felt like sleeping in but I forced myself to get up anyway cause I said to myself I know if I don't go I'll miss out on a great rabbit hunt. What a Blast guys I had a whole lot of fun. Saw all sorts of stuff and had a great time with my family and also my friends. Thanks to all that joined me this weekend.

Friday we set out to a hunting ground that we haven't been to yet. Turned the dogs loose around 6:30 am. On this hunt My buddy Brian joined me. I got the guy hooked on rabbit hunting he even went out and got him a new shot-gun just to rabbit hunt with.....lol Dogs did a fantastic job for us on this hunt. They hunted hard all the way till the end. My lil pup that just turned 6 months old is really turning up the heat. She swam across a pond to get to the other dogs that had just jumped a rabbit now that desire to hunt. I have it on film so see video link for that. She sure did surprise the crap out of me. Next thing I know there she was just her little head sticking out going for a swim across a giant pond came out shook about and joined the race.

Video Of Puppy Lightning Swimming across a pond to hark in....lol she's a mess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQcj2CzMnw

Here's the days hunt. We were able to bag 12 bunnies on this day.

Saturday morning My dad joined me for another great rabbit hunt. Both He and I should have been able to get our Mo limits but just couldn't get it done. We did alot of shooting and of course alot of missing. I ended up taking 5 and my dad 4 rabbits. I also got One Quail which I was very excited about. And as usual my hound Leah retrieved the quail for me which she always does on quail. Think she thinks she's half bird dog...lol I can alway rely on her to get me the bird. Sorry for no pic but I snatched it out of her mouth quick. Also she retrieved one rabbit for me which is on video. See link below.

Video Of a Rabbit Retrieve from Leah. Thats My girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=airWFmQQS4s

Some of the cover we hunted in

Here is my quail. Wish I could hunt more of these.

Here I am with the day's kill Jumped 14 rabbits and took out 9 big bunnies and 1 quail.

Sunday by far was one of the best rabbit hunts of the season. We set out to a new hunting spot that I've never been too. I scouted the area a few weeks back by just looking out the truck window. So I said its sunday and we've had a few good hunts so lets check out that new spot. On this hunt my hunting buddy Kevin joined me and he brought his Odie dog. All the dogs did a great job even though I put them through heck the previous days..... they still jumped and ran them like it was nothing to it. Kevin sure was putting it to me early on in the day killing them with one or two shots. I did a lot of shooting cause I couldn't hit a thing. We both managed to get MO limits 6 rabbits a person. I had a great time Kevin and thanks for hunting with me.

Video - Kevin with a kill. Hey who told you where he was gonna come out.....lol Nice shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnu7x65RxY0

another Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nQSR2V29CQ

What we were hunting in on Sunday

Here is Kevin with his Three favorite hounds. Got Leah on the left and Odie on the right and thats my pup lightning laying down. She was a little tired that was Rabbit number Twelve.

Here are the both of us. Luckly someone was in the parking lot and we got him to take our pic. We got 2 Mo Limits on this day. 12 big bunnies what a blast

Well I saved the best part last..........lol

Some good stuff right here boys. Took 10 rabbit pieces. Salt pepper them dip in egg then into a zip lock bag full of flour shake it about and into a hot skillet. Cook till golden brown.

Place in tray. Thats what we had so thats what I used.

Went to the store picked up 2 jars of Chicken Gravy. Poured both over the cooked rabbit pieces. Put in the oven temp was 350 degrees. I cooked it for 45 minutes and turned the pieces every 15 minutes and used a spoon to put more gravy that overflowed on the sides of the pan on top of the rabbit. No foil over tray just like you see it.

Heres what she looked like after it was done. And let me tell you it was the best rabbit I've had so far. I saw this off another board and thanks to whoever posted it cause I think that was the best rabbit I've eatin so far. The gravy baked into the meat and it was very tender. We also made mash potatoes and a big can of corn and had a few pieces of soft bread to go with it. It was delicous and very very easy to make

Last edited by Joeyman on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Hood Swamp

Re: 3 Days Of Rabbit Hunting....What a Blast had a Great Time

Post by Hood Swamp »

Joeyman, what time is supper? :D
Run em hard and make no excuses!

huntall50

Post by huntall50 »

Joey, you have good spots and good dogs. Great hunting, enjoy it. :lol:

Dale L.

Post by Dale L. »

Sounds like a great time. Liked the pics and video. Bet those dogs slept good Sunday night.LOL Keep bustin the bunnies!!

mobeagle

Post by mobeagle »

What a great hunt! Congrats and now I'm hungry :chef:
Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

I think I just shorted out my keyboard with drool!!! :lol:
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

jon cornett

Post by jon cornett »

Joeyman super hunts, you are so lucky to have so many rabbits out there congrats. also that recipe is one we will use next time. We just cooked some fried rabbit yesterday in some left over pig lard we had and man was it awesome. Again great pics. jon c.

cojax

Post by cojax »

joey great pictures/hunting glad u had a good time. maybe sometime i will make the trip up there again and hunt some with ya i got some patches that would use a lot of that wide open space 2 run in. Bunnyblaster u kill me with ur replies my wife thinks im crazy enough with the dogs and all but it sure dont help when im in the den and just start laughing because of what you wrote :lol: keep it coming cojax

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Well thanks guys. I'm glad you all enjoyed the pics and video links. We're having a blast in Missouri wish all of you could come hunting with me you'd have a nice time. Welp I'm hanging up rabbit hunting for a couple weekends. Its deer season in Mo Nov 14th and I'm gonna try and get me a deer.

I still have plenty of new places to rabbit hunt and a few new areas that I've been to in pervious years that should produce well. Good luck to all you rabbit hunters and keep them running hard. - Joey

Cutemloose

Post by Cutemloose »

Joeyman wrote:Well thanks guys. I'm glad you all enjoyed the pics and video links. We're having a blast in Missouri wish all of you could come hunting with me you'd have a nice time. Welp I'm hanging up rabbit hunting for a couple weekends. Its deer season in Mo Nov 14th and I'm gonna try and get me a deer.

I still have plenty of new places to rabbit hunt and a few new areas that I've been to in pervious years that should produce well. Good luck to all you rabbit hunters and keep them running hard. - Joey
BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Team Trackemdown- Missouri Rabbits Running For Their Lives

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

You've got odie cutem........go rabbit hunting with him. If I get a deer early then I may squeeze in a afternoon rabbit hunt or two. Just gonna have to see how it all works out.

Cutemloose

Post by Cutemloose »

Gonna try it tomorrow morning might as well hunt when i can
Team Trackemdown- Missouri Rabbits Running For Their Lives

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

Joey them last pic,well,I already see that I got to hook up with you to help you eat them rabbits.Love to eat rabbits.Thanks for the pic.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

rabbitearl wrote:Joey them last pic,well,I already see that I got to hook up with you to help you eat them rabbits.Love to eat rabbits.Thanks for the pic.
No problem rabbitearl glad you enjoyed the pics. I like eating rabbits too. that was the easiest rabbit reciepe I've ever made. To simple and it taste great.

maplehill

Post by maplehill »

Isn't it illegal to rabbit hunt during deer season in MO(seeings you cnt run dogs during season)?
Todd Yates
Maple Hill Beagles
Poplar Bluff, MO

RIP LP RCH TY'S MAPLE HILL MIKEY
LP GRRCH TY'S MAPLE HILL MOJO "no longer own, but still claim the rabbit crazy sucker"