Guys I need some help. My dog is at the vet Hosp. (Home Now)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bocephus52804

Re: Guys I need some help. My dog is at the vet Hospital

Post by bocephus52804 »

It is very obvious he means a whole lot to you. I hope everything works out. ;)

TC

Post by TC »

S.R.Patch wrote:Give the Doc a chance, i've seen them do some amazing things, that hound will fight for all he's worth.

I know this is no consolation at this time, but your becoming a houndsman. All the love, work and pride you've put into your hounds and a part of it threatened to be ripped from you and all you can do is cross fingers and hope for the best. Your metal is being tempered, it's never easy but handling it and the will to go on is what determines longevity with hounds.
We're all pull'n fer ya... ;)
Gotta Agree With patch here Joey.
It aint Easy I know But hang in there and give the Vet and pistol a chance....
Just Dont give up yet!!!!
The next 24 to 48 hours will be the hardest......
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Terry Long

Post by Terry Long »

Jeoyman my hound had the same thing and he pulled out of it .like I said they give my hound a sertoid shot also and I think that help and other meds but you have to stay postive and i think you should have went and saw him because he would have know you where there kee us posted
GREAT PLAINS BEAGLES
http://www.greatplainsbeagles.com
AKC & UKC Registered Gundogs

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

I went to see him after work. He still is in bad shape. We are not sure if he will make it thru the night. I want them to keep trying to save him rather than give up and put him down. The vet doesn't know what else to do for him other than wait and see if he will get better. if he is not by morning I will have no choice but to have him put down and it will be very hard for me to do this.

He was the best dog I've ever owned and I will greatly miss him. Now I hope you all understand why I take so many pictures and video of my dogs so I can remember them when I'm old and can't hunt anymore. So I can look back and remember what great times I had with them.

What is this steriod shot you guys are talking about. I have the vets cell number I can tell him see what he says. When we saw him last he was breathing heavily. Vet said has something to do in his brain. What could of caused this does anyone here know? was it a snake bite. Did he get poisened did he eat something. I have no clue. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what could of happened. The rest of my dogs are fine his kennel mates are fine. I don't know what he could of gotten into to cause this.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Bellmorekennels

Post by Bellmorekennels »

Joey, easier said then done, but stay strong. Is there anyway he might have eaten any type of poison? Like rat or mouse, or one that was dead because of poison? Did the vet run any tests on his stool? Sad to say, maybe somebody tried to poison him, especially since he is the only one that is sick. I once had a kennel with 8 dogs, and one night the best 4 were stole , come to find out was a friend who stold them. That included the best female I have owned or seen,she was also a friend to me and like you needed and wanted her on every hunt. I would say do not give up on him, If I had the chance to save that female that was stolen because of a sickness, I would have not rushed into putting her down , ask vet if maybe there is a medical facility he knows of that you could bring him to help. I know sounds crazy, but that special dog deserves any chance at help, my dog would have gotten that help from me, and Pistol sounds like the same type of dog to me. Good luck, and follow your heart, you will know what to do.

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

Joeyman, I can't imagine that kind of situaiton you must be in. I can't say anything better than S.R Patch already said, but i just wanted to let you know I will you both in my thoughts for the next few hours. Really sorry to read this news, it must be hard with him being in that kind of condition.
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

Joeyman, maybe its time to pray for your dog God loves animals to, I will pray now and be with you and your dog.GOD BLESS

ANTHONY KERR

Post by ANTHONY KERR »

Sorry to hear about Pistol Joey. Maybe he will pull through.
Anthony
Where's the earth shattering kaboom ?

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

I am sorry to hear about your dog Joey and I hope you get some good news tomorrow.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

PAhardwoods

Post by PAhardwoods »

prayer sent from PA....hope your buddy pulls through
Hunt to live, Live to hunt

dave g

Post by dave g »

Joey, I am sorry to hear pistol is sick. You keep your head straight and be strong for your dog. Hounds are strong amazing animals. They were designed to take the worst and bounce back. Pistol sounds to be a strong young dog. Don't give up on him too early. One thing you could do maybe is check on a local university for help. I have heard of a few guys around here (in michigan) that have taken dogs to michigan state universty to be worked on. I am hoping pistol pulls through for you. Good luck.

Later, dave

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Did the dog ever get into porky pine quills.

Have seen a couple that had quills that it effected the brain a year later when the quill worked through.

Seems like the vet is telling your central nervous system and brain. Any trouble with paralysis before, jumping off tail gait or anything?

He sure looks healthy in the pics, hate to see anyone loose a fine looking hound like that in his prime. Lets hope for the best....

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Still praying for Pistol Joeyman. I'm hoping he has an :angel: or 2 looking after him.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

Dave has a great idea there, living around the St. louis area there has to be a vet or agriculture university close that may be able to help.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Too quite...I don't like it... :neutral: