Question about kennel

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Jr Walker

Question about kennel

Post by Jr Walker »

I built a ground kennel about 2yrs. ago...7kennels side by side 14ft. long 5ft. wide each with a 8foot walk way infront of the kennel doors...Im having a huge problem with dust ,flea's ,and worms...ive tried putting crushers run gravel down and it works itself in the ground and im back down to strait dirt in 2months time

Anyways point is im having such a huge problem with it that im about ready to pull the dogs out of it and go back to chains cause there is no way I can afford concret.....What would u all do about this? Here is a picture of the kennel

Walk Away Kennel-----Shelbyville TN.
Jr. Walker

http://www.myspace.com/jrisdaman69

Anderson Upland Beagles

Re: Question about kennel

Post by Anderson Upland Beagles »

id build new ones up off the ground and smaller

TC

Post by TC »

Lay Some heavy Rock (larger Down First) then put some 9s down over it Should pack down pretty Well then and not have the tendency to wash away...Another thing you could do that I have done before is lay down some pea gravel then Dump a few bags of Sacrete down water down good rake out and let dry Walla!!!! Concrete runs!!!

Something Else you may try Cut a trench in back of the runs lay down a row of mason block will help hold everything in....
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

PREACHERS,KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

diesel fuel is a flea killer i hear!

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

build off the ground kennel

rabbitrunner33

Post by rabbitrunner33 »

put fabric down first then put 3inches of stone on top. the fabric will let the water thurgh it but wont let dirt back up.

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Above ground is the best way. Your dogs don't walk in their own waste and it's easy to keep really clean. :dance: