Jump Dog ( male )

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Murphy's Kennel

Re: Jump Dog ( male )

Post by Murphy's Kennel »

I agree about alot of the dogs not hunting in the trials... But in the casts I am referring to Demon was running against some grands that not only know how to run but they know where to look for a rabbit. Me personally if they dont hunt then I AM NOT GONNA WASTE FEED. Cause I wont be happy with them no matter how good they can run. I will either sell or give it away but hunting alone doesn`t make a great jump dog. I think its a combination of all them senses and skills. Thats just my two cents.
HOF Murphy`s Dreaming Demon Gr.R.Ch Gr.B.Ch Triple X's Tango

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Well said if they dont hunt it dont matter how they run

1 hunt
2jump
3track
4check
5over take the game
These are the steps to a COMPLETE hound
If all beaglers culled anything less All Our Hounds would be better
Jmo

pilotknob

Post by pilotknob »

This is a good thread,how many of the dogs talked about here are still alive?Who in your opinion are some of the toughest males out there today.I too love a hard hunting dog.They can have all the potential in the world but if they don't have that spark as far as hunt goes I won't be happy with them for long.

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

SMITHS BLUE GOOSE. IS A HARD HUNTING JUMPDOG. Im PRETTY SURE HAS JUMPED A RABBIT IN ALMOST EVERYCAST HES BEEN IN. I just had to toot my own horn. i get bored easy. Truth is i may never own a hound like this again.but i got 4 little goose that i have high hopes for he threw 3 red n whites one black n white. The mother is a nice dog that can jump rabbits as well.
LpGrch Lpbch Smith's Blue Goose 1st 2012 Il state hunt-1st 2013 Indiana state hunt-2nd 2013 Grand Nationals- Best of show In State
Lprch Hbch Smith's Blue Moon
Lprch Smith's Rolling Sweet Lucy (RIP)

Murphy's Kennel

Post by Murphy's Kennel »

I hear Goose is a nie hound. Never seen him go but have heard good things about him.
HOF Murphy`s Dreaming Demon Gr.R.Ch Gr.B.Ch Triple X's Tango

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

He says thank ya sir. Hes gettin some booty right now looks like hes in pain but has got a gleam in his eye. Haha Goose has only been in 5 trials 3 were state hunts hes a rch and bench champ.
LpGrch Lpbch Smith's Blue Goose 1st 2012 Il state hunt-1st 2013 Indiana state hunt-2nd 2013 Grand Nationals- Best of show In State

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

jumpNrun wrote:He says thank ya sir. Hes gettin some booty right now looks like hes in pain but has got a gleam in his eye. Haha Goose has only been in 5 trials 3 were state hunts hes a rch and bench champ.
Lol, that was a funny but yet disturbing post...
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

Lol just sharing the moment with everyone. Mabey better left unshared. Haha i could have posted a pic with that comment then you could see the gleam as i did.

Markday

Post by Markday »

:check: :check:

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Markday wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:00 pm
:check: :check:
Nowadays you will get 20 pages of responses if you ask about line running, check creating, too fast for their noses types of hounds. On 2nd thought no you won't, their all bettering the breed in formats that don't care about jumping game, just chasing it.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

Markday

Post by Markday »

Last time time anybody posted anything on this was 2012. Everybody's opinion still the same or does everybody spend all there time on Facebook and just don't have time for this site anymore. Just seems like nobody has much to say on here anymore. I hate that because I enjoy reading topics like this

HBmudbug

Post by HBmudbug »

I have seen a lot of them, I have owned a few,theBEST is ole windy ridge POLLY. double Woodstock granppy bred. a lot of you knew her.

jeremy rice

Post by jeremy rice »

Rice's hard earned Cash has been known to jump a few. Also there was a dog down in Kentucky that a man and a young boy brought to a hunt dogs name was Browny. Judged the first two rounds and he had 5 jump strikes, in the two casts. The two more in the finals against me. That place had some dozer piles they kept holing them in but full of rabbits. Ran all three casts there
RICE'S BEAGLES
Jeremy, Amy
Zack,Ashlee Rice