Jump Dog ( male )

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bobby Vest

Jump Dog ( male )

Post by Bobby Vest »

I want to know who you think is the best jump male alive and running today. It doesn't matter if you like the line of dog or the owner. I don't care if he's pretty or not. I'm talking about a dog that jumps rabbits all the time every time. I'm talking about a dog that can dig a rabbit out when none of the other dogs can. Gun season is open now and a lot of you are getting to see some other peoples dogs hunt. Be honest with this and give credit where it's due. Thanks in advanve.

Joeyman

Re: Jump Dog ( male )

Post by Joeyman »

well i haven't seen a whole lot of peoples dogs run but I will tell you sunday nov 29th I watch yellowdog's ringo star male that has since passed on go into a milo field when the rest of the dogs were milling around. I was trying to get the dogs to go away from the milo and go towards the truck cause it was already almost 2pm. But ringo like usual headed into the milo on his own with out no other dogs with him as were were walking thru a cut area. He jumped a rabbit and rest the dogs joined and we were able to kill 4 rabbits out of that milo. He was a great jump dog. I haven't seen a whole lot of other dogs run I can only tell you from what I've seen. ringo had a ton of hunt he was all over looking for a rabbit. one minute he'd be here looking the next he'd be over that way looking.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Thanks Joey, I liked Ringo too. What I'm asking though is if you had to take a dog and enter him in a jumping contest with say 4 other of the best dogs in the country. Say you had to put up a $500.00 entry fee which male would you enter?

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

GRCH GRHBCH White River Coal Miner. This male is only 2 yrs old, but he's the best jumpdog I've ever seen. I've seen two others that were close and they were out of the same bitch and similar bred males. This dog is a hunting machine. Take him hunting and he will jump 9 out of 10 rabbits consistantly. :nod:
Dry Creek Kennel-Bred to get it done where it counts the most "under the gun".
RIP FC Buckeye's Big John
PCH HBCH Dry Creek Stroke Of Genius
DCK Bounty Hunter
DCK Queen Of The Cage (Rousey)

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Thanks Jeremy, howis he bred and who owns him?

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I have Trull's More Money Moe here and I don't know if hes the best but hes hard to crowd,very hard hunting male that jumps Rabbits. He has a win toward FC and many places. Hes Out of Syris McGee and Stone Cold Jazz-Jazz is out of Northern Tracker.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

He is out of GRCH HBCH Fire River Michael and HBCH Smiths Weedeater T-ann (Ranger Dan x Round Pond Mr.T). T-ann seems to throw better than average hunt, and jump ability in all her pups, no matter what she's bred to.
DCK Bounty Hunter

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Good deal keep em coming I have a lot of respect for a lot of the people on here as far as their opinions go.

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

Bobby your like me.Love a jump dog.But out of 37 years of hunting never had but one.And it was a she.Out of 9 dog hunting she jump them all.Didnot hunt hard but could wind that rabbit and go right to him looking at him.I give anything to have that dog back.Hunted with a mix up bird dog in the early 70.Now that thing could find a rabbit too.It just seems sometime you can have a dog that hunts hard but never jumps a rabbit.Or this is what I ve seen.Not all of them but alot of them.

Chimney Rock Kennel

Post by Chimney Rock Kennel »

LPRCH Jake The Snake XXXIII is one of the best jump dogs i have ever seen. I am not for sure where he is right now, the last I heard he was in Michigan. If I had to pick a dog to enter in a jumping contest he would be the one.
Home of

NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Bad Moon Rising
FCGD LPRCH Chimney Rock's KY Lucky
NrFC LPGRCH Chimney Rock's Shooting Star

Pete Tuck

Post by Pete Tuck »

I would put my Ace dog up against anything, anytime, anywhere. He was never AKC registered, but did have Armando's Hawkeye listed on the pedigree I got from the man I bought him from. Whether it was right or not I don't know, but until I retired him two years ago he was the man around here. Just before I got him, we hunted a place and jumped two rabbits. I went back to the same place the day after I got him and he jumped eight rabbits. I had a ball with Ace for several years and miss hunting with the old boy.
Cedar Row Beagles
LPRCH Mike's Ace in the Hole
LPRCH Cedar Row Harley

chrisdenniston

Post by chrisdenniston »

I HAVE BEEN HUNTING WITH BRAD CROUCH KNOW FOR ABOUT FIVE YEARS OR SO SEVERAL PEOPLE JOIN AND GO WITH US ALL THE TIME. I HAVE BEEN RABBIT HUNTING FOR YEARS AND AS FAR AS MALES GO I WOULD LIKE TO PUT BRAD'S OLD BJ DOG IN THE MIX. THAT OLD DOG CAN JUMP RABBITS ALL DAY LONG. HIS FULL NAME IS ROCKY HILLS BEN'S BJ. HE IS BIG TIME BREED AND A SUPER NICE STUD DOG AS WELL.
LPGRCH Denniston's Big River Gator
LPGRCH Licking River Chance
LPCH Denniston's Big River Daisy
LPCH Denniston's Big River Thunder
2015 IN. State open winner
Denniston's Big River Lucy

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

Thirtyoughtsix Blitz is on a mission to find a rabbit no 3 minutes to warm up no hiking his leg or poop'n he's off the lead he's GONE he WILL find a rabbit when other dogs don't. Hands down. White River Coal Miner is an extremely close 2nd his littermate sister is ate up with hunt too Fire River Blessing, I've only watched Coal run twice but he was BUISY the ENTIRE time he was off the lead. I have a male out of Blitz that is a hard hunter and Coal gave him a spankin they were the only two dogs to jump a rabbit in that cast coal jumped 3 and shamrock jumped 2.
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

I know anytime I can get a jump on Coal I'm :dance: :D
DCK Bounty Hunter

ANTHONY KERR

Post by ANTHONY KERR »

Pete Tucks Ace dog was the real deal. If it was one there he would find it. He hunted on the run all the time. He was never still and never hung around even after you shot a rabbit. He would start looking for another.
Mike Crabtrees Reject dog is one heck of a jump dog as well.
Where's the earth shattering kaboom ?