Jump Dog ( male )

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

River Valley Beagles

Re: Jump Dog ( male )

Post by River Valley Beagles »

kymtninc wrote:River Valley Beagles, boy does that pedigree bring back some memories of some old dogs. I've heard great things about MO JO, here's a better pedigree for him:

When you speak to Cody, tell him I said if he'd ever like to let the Old Boy come down to Kentucky for awhile I'd be more than happy to feed him :)

Take Care,
Dexter
I forgot how up close some of those hounds were in his pedigree. You sure don't see them that close anymore. I'll see if Cody will send him down after he breeds his female. I'd like to see a few littlers out of the old dog crossed on some of your females.
Thanks,
Brian
When the tailgate drops, the B.S. stops!

ironjawdawgs

Post by ironjawdawgs »

Brian,
Here are some up and coming pups that I hope to see turn out. Thought you might like to look at some of the old blood behind these little farts. These pups are only three weeks old so who knows how they'll turn out. Hopefull they turn out like some of there half brothers and sisters.
http://www.espomagazine.com/pedigrees/11545.htm

These pups are a little older being two and half months or so old.
http://www.espomagazine.com/pedigrees/11461.htm

These pups are four and a half old months old.
http://www.espomagazine.com/pedigrees/11462.htm

This pup here is six months old and out jumped my seven year old male who does a good job jumping rabbits two to one yesterday afternoon. He hunts super hard in and out of the bruch at a fast pase with or without sent. His foot speed seems like its going to be good but lacks a little bit of control at this point in time. He seems like he is going to have a HUGE nose that he'll have to learn how to use his mouth correctly with. However he only gives an extra bark or two before the rabbit is up or in a check area. It's nothing bad at all. He'll just have to get out of this pupppy stage if you ask me.
http://www.espomagazine.com/pedigrees/11459.htm

This male below is a seven month old male that hunts REALLY hard in the bruch all the time no matter what it seems like. He acts like he has a good nose but with correct mouth on him. All around he seems like he's going to make a rabbit dawg with the same speed but with a smother running style than the above male pup.
http://www.espomagazine.com/pedigrees/11540.htm

kymtninc

Post by kymtninc »

Hey Brian,

If Cody would want to send him down, I would love to have him for awhile. I was quite fond of the Old Stride dog and its obvious from looking at my pedigrees how I felt about the Sampson X Maggie cross. MO JO's mother, Hannah, was a younger full sister to my Dusty, Jade, Chelsea, & Jasmine. One more thing that you pointed out was the Sampson X Vada cross, that was a good one. Neel's Jala is a heck of a hound and look what she's produced, FC Neel's Eli and FC Neel's Loy, out of two different males.

Take Care,
Dexter

kymtninc

Post by kymtninc »

Bobby,

I have a young male that is a grandson of Iron Eagle, that I call Bleu Rainmaker (Field Name: Blue). Here's his pedigree:

He's only a yearling but, acts like an old dog. He's dead clean with his mouth, endless "Rabbit Dawg" hunt, todate has never run trash, and has a head full of sense. All of that being said, I realize he's still a pup and this is his first gun season and far from being a finished hound. He is however, a pup that constantly improves and he is exactly what I hoped for with the Eagle crosses. I also have a direct son of Eagle that I call Ghost Train. He's a pretty nice hound just not my size, he's about 13 1/2. I have however bred him to one of my linebred Sampson bitches and I'm looking forward to working pups out of the cross.

When you, Will and Jimmy have a chance you should come up and we will run. Jimmy had intended to come up the weekend of the big snow but, the weather got in the way :) .

Take Care,
Dexter

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Thanks MAPLE VALLEY I appreciate the compliment I like you have heard too many great things about Junie. I might send a gyp down to be bred late next year on an out cross .Big tuna has had his tail docked once I may have to take more off he WILL GET IN THE BRUSH AND FIND ONE SOME WHERE ,he is throwing hunt in his offspring I have several references guys .You have to take notice IFC RANGER DAN ,EYERS GENO ,RABBIT RIDGE BIG TUNA ,LINE OF REPRODUCERS .I know of SAUSSERS JACK OUT OF GENO ,EYERS SCOOBY ,AND THE LIL 13 MALE OUT OF GENO THAT JUST MADE FC EYERS ROSCOE FC,KATELYNS ROSCOE ............I dont know about these males offspring but this line is great in my opinion .I also have heard a lot of people talking about Danny Vansickles dog Bandit I believe is his name .
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Thanks Jimmie for the plug. Tom has always been a special dog to me, he always puts out 150% out everytime for me, jumps a lot of rabbits and is accountable for game. He's not perfect by any means, but the good outweighs the bad by leaps and bounds. He brings a lot to the table, for anyone considering to breed to him. Time will tell if he will be the producer that his ancestors are, but I like my chances. Hope to cross my Wendy female to him in the spring, they compliment each other's style very well. :cool:
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:
Joeyman wrote:did we ever figure out what the best jump dog is cause i'm looking for a stud hound to breed to here real soon

The top 3 in my mind, Big Tuna, Junie , Chad Blairs Tom. Tom is pure as northway snow, good jump day in and out. To many people have told good things about tuna, Junie is day in and out a jump hound.Any of the three will work for ya i am sure.

Here's a question for ya...........Out of all those dogs you mentioned. Which one has the most line control and the most closest check work. That is the style of my dogs and I'd like to stick with that. I do not like rough dogs. Rough as in take off on a line all crazy hauling only to find out the dog is 10yrds off the line creating a check. I hate checks I want a nice race quick pace with good line control on the line moving it. Close check work I hate dogs that range out in a check they need to come back to piont of loss and work it out. Thats what my pack does and it's working great so far. So which of those dogs Jimmy that you mentioned will fit my style of hound most?
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

you would like elliots dog joeyman. They do it right. nothing flashy just plain out rabbit dawgs. That reffit stuff does it right in my book!!
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

joeyman you are so close to lee Clements go watch his dog run
Clements tough little biscuit
you will not look any place else is promise when he locks on it on
toughest 13 inch dog out there and he will throw pups biger than 13 as well
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Dexter post some pics of those hounds you put pedigrees on. Thunder, BLue etc.
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Joeyman wrote:
Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:
Joeyman wrote:did we ever figure out what the best jump dog is cause i'm looking for a stud hound to breed to here real soon

The top 3 in my mind, Big Tuna, Junie , Chad Blairs Tom. Tom is pure as northway snow, good jump day in and out. To many people have told good things about tuna, Junie is day in and out a jump hound.Any of the three will work for ya i am sure.

Here's a question for ya...........Out of all those dogs you mentioned. Which one has the most line control and the most closest check work. That is the style of my dogs and I'd like to stick with that. I do not like rough dogs. Rough as in take off on a line all crazy hauling only to find out the dog is 10yrds off the line creating a check. I hate checks I want a nice race quick pace with good line control on the line moving it. Close check work I hate dogs that range out in a check they need to come back to piont of loss and work it out. Thats what my pack does and it's working great so far. So which of those dogs Jimmy that you mentioned will fit my style of hound most?
Lets see i own junie, never seen tuna run but know many that have, tom is a up and coming. junie and tuna done been there and done that. Since it appears to me ur the king of ms then why leave ur back yard? Just a thought for ya.I would go to a few mafia members and see what they got and how you like em, save on gas and buy more shells.Within a 100 miles of me i could breed to the funky co madenia of the beagle world.There is tons of studs out there surely theres at least 1 in missouri.i am geographily challenged at this time for some reason cant get my bearings straight or i could put you on one.hope this helps.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Jimmy since you own junie you can atleast tell me how his line control and check work is....Least I'd know about one of the dogs.

And I don't hardly run with other beaglers around here. I fly solo. I had me a good male he passed away. Only other guy I can think of is tracy and his best male passed away too. So I'm looking around don't care how far I got to go. Just long as its in the midwest. Ky. Mo. Tn. In. Ill.

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

I'd seriously think about Coal Miner. There's also some nice hounds in Mo and Iowa. Lance Wilson in Mo has a nice male GRHBCH Swampmasters Blitz At Sundown, Jeremy Fogle in Iowa has a nice male GRHBCH Briar Kings Meet You Up Front, there's also Dave Tipton and Mike Ridenhour in MO. All of these guys have nice stud.
Dry Creek Kennel-Bred to get it done where it counts the most "under the gun".
RIP FC Buckeye's Big John
PCH HBCH Dry Creek Stroke Of Genius
DCK Bounty Hunter
DCK Queen Of The Cage (Rousey)

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

dude if i was as close to lee as you are biscuit is what you will like or find out how far Mississippi homie is from ya
then again the is of coarse glomski's dogs skipper is one of the best jump dogs and he has j-dell or hit man and red river runner
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

bobby vest since you got junie at your house and you are using him for rabbit hunting and what not. Can you tell me how his line control is and check work. Is he a close check dog or swing out and search over there. or does he come back to point of loss and work it out. Tell me and be honest about it. You've got him now and you see him run often while gun-hunting. If I just lived a little closer I'd gun hunt with you so I could see for myself. I've heard the claims that he retrieves is this true. I got a bitch that retrieves almost every time for me. Think that would be nice to breed two retrievers see if the pups will do it but thats the least of my concerns they need to jump and run rabbits with nice line control I know they can't be glued to the line but has to be fairly decent. I know their will be break downs but less is better. I hate dogs that create checks too. Run to fast and overrun or take off like a crazy and create checks I can't stand that I've seen them types of dogs and thats not for me. Or dogs that opens and never produce. That's second on my list of things I can not stand in a beagle.

I am not questioning his ablities. His record speaks for its self. I just want to know what style hound he is and if it will complement what I got. That is all.