Jump Dog ( male )

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ohlinger

Re: Jump Dog ( male )

Post by ohlinger »

I've posted here awhile back ago on the first page. Since then i've had a male come a long wayys. HBCH No Luck Red Falcon of Crowtown. The above post says will jump rabbits in 100 degrees when other dogs are laying around. He's done this in a cast. Several casts now he has jumped every rabbit ran. I saw this summer as an easy chance to put champion wins on him b/c he HUNTS when the other dogs were laying around. Oh and he retrieves as well....2 wins left to make grand made hunting beagle champion in 1 week sunday, saturday, sunday. 3 wins toward grand in one month's time. Plan on finishing him to grand before he is at public stud. Hopefuly before January. If you're interested get ahold of me or Marc Murray. He's currently here with me. The best all around dog I've ever owned, and I'd say so far his trial record is backing up what I've talking about. He's got wins in 3ft of snow, and 96 degree afternoons where he was the only dog to jump and run a rabbit in the cast. he does'nt quit.

a rabbit he caught and retrieved this past summer in a cast. He turned 2 years old in June.
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

ohlinger wrote:I've posted here awhile back ago on the first page. Since then i've had a male come a long wayys. HBCH No Luck Red Falcon of Crowtown. The above post says will jump rabbits in 100 degrees when other dogs are laying around. He's done this in a cast. Several casts now he has jumped every rabbit ran. I saw this summer as an easy chance to put champion wins on him b/c he HUNTS when the other dogs were laying around. Oh and he retrieves as well....2 wins left to make grand made hunting beagle champion in 1 week sunday, saturday, sunday. 3 wins toward grand in one month's time. Plan on finishing him to grand before he is at public stud. Hopefuly before January. If you're interested get ahold of me or Marc Murray. He's currently here with me. The best all around dog I've ever owned, and I'd say so far his trial record is backing up what I've talking about. He's got wins in 3ft of snow, and 96 degree afternoons where he was the only dog to jump and run a rabbit in the cast. he does'nt quit.

a rabbit he caught and retrieved this past summer in a cast. He turned 2 years old in June.
nice looking male how big is he
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

he is as close to 15 as i'd ever care to go!! he's never measured out and been ran at the elimnator, nationals, and the world so yes I'd say it's fair to say he is under 15 as the close dogs are always very carefuly measured at those hunts. He has maybe 1/4 in when measured natuarly between his withers and the 15inch bar. i made it sound like he only jumped 1 rabbit in champions cast on the 96 degree afternoon but he jumped and ran 3 and scored on all 3 by himself. No other score in the cast. I was proud that day, and miserably hot all at the same time. Told the dog he proved himself and i'd never ask it of him again LOL but honestly don't think he minded too much he just likes to hunt, and run rabbits. He seems to be able to know how to pace himself the heat will get to him same as anything else, but he just does'nt quit and lay around or hang out he goes out and does his job.

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

Harner's Hounds wrote:My best jump dog I've ever had. Either dry ground or frozen ground, he'll jump and drive rabbits.

Here he is. Love the booming bawl mouth when he opens up. It was tough conditions, but ran it a full hour and thirty minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T5Yo68qIyk
darn Casey, i think he was barking lost :lol: did he happen to jump that rabbit in that hour & thirty minutes?
now before you get yer hackles all fuffed up Im just teasing ya so sit down & count to 10 then get ya a glass of koolaid
CH HBCH Gotta Go Freakin Deacon
CH Andrea`s Cry Baby Emma
CCH Mtn. Views Art of Deception (Sly)
LP B CH LPRCH Big Country`s Mo JO

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

ohlinger wrote:I've posted here awhile back ago on the first page. Since then i've had a male come a long wayys. HBCH No Luck Red Falcon of Crowtown. The above post says will jump rabbits in 100 degrees when other dogs are laying around. He's done this in a cast. Several casts now he has jumped every rabbit ran. I saw this summer as an easy chance to put champion wins on him b/c he HUNTS when the other dogs were laying around. Oh and he retrieves as well....2 wins left to make grand made hunting beagle champion in 1 week sunday, saturday, sunday. 3 wins toward grand in one month's time. Plan on finishing him to grand before he is at public stud. Hopefuly before January. If you're interested get ahold of me or Marc Murray. He's currently here with me. The best all around dog I've ever owned, and I'd say so far his trial record is backing up what I've talking about. He's got wins in 3ft of snow, and 96 degree afternoons where he was the only dog to jump and run a rabbit in the cast. he does'nt quit.

Ok so maybe he does'nt retrieve everytime LOL!!
he caught another today...the other dogs were trying to get it away from him so he decided he'd better eat i guess i'm not sure..

Pine Mt Beagles

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

I WOULD BE CONSIDERED PREJUDICE BUT,I LIKE EDDIE-O'S CHARLEY DOG,IN A DAY'S TIME HE WILL GET HIS SHARE AND MAYBE MORE,BUT, AS BOBBY AND OTHER'S HAVE SAID A TRUE JUMP DOG IS RARE,AND, A TRUE JUMP DOG, USUALLY, IS A REALLY GOOD CHECK DOG.
-SOME OF YOU MENTIONED HOUND'S THAT ARE GONE NOW,I HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO SEE -3-IN MY OPINION TRUE JUMP DOG'S,BUT, I HAVE ONLY RABBIT HUNTED ABOUT 40 YRS, :) THE BEST IN MY OPINION WOULD BE PINE MT VOO-DOO,BRED, BY WAYNE GROSS,THE NEXT BEST WOULD BE, PINE MT SCRUB,ALL I HAD TO DO WAS CARRY A BOX OF COTTON BALL'S, AND, THESE TWO COULD MAKE A RABBIT, :) EVERY DAY, HOT ,COLD ,RAIN OR SNOW,ALL DAY,AND EVEN THOUGH I WILL ALWAY'S REMEMBER THEM,THEY ARE GONE.SO I COULD NOT PROVE HOW GOOD THEY WERE.BUT,IT DOES NOT MATTER TO ME.
THIS IS A GOOD POST ENJOY READING IT,

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Thanks Rufus, this is an old post I had forgot all about. I will have to back Rufus up on Voo Doo because I hunted and trialed with him and I loved every thing about him. Voo was the complete hound and I can't think of a better compliment to pay him.

zjamesmoore

Post by zjamesmoore »

ohlinger wrote:Thirtyoughtsix Blitz is on a mission to find a rabbit no 3 minutes to warm up no hiking his leg or poop'n he's off the lead he's GONE he WILL find a rabbit when other dogs don't. Hands down. White River Coal Miner is an extremely close 2nd his littermate sister is ate up with hunt too Fire River Blessing, I've only watched Coal run twice but he was BUISY the ENTIRE time he was off the lead. I have a male out of Blitz that is a hard hunter and Coal gave him a spankin they were the only two dogs to jump a rabbit in that cast coal jumped 3 and shamrock jumped 2.
I have hunted with 2 young males out of Blitz and different females both were extreme jump dogs sounds like he reproduces him self.

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

Yes sir I'd have to agree....

pineridgebeagles

Post by pineridgebeagles »

I have a male that is Big Time bred that is a true jump dog,I have owned 3 in 40 years of beagling,i just hope i can have another before Im done.I would put him down with anything out there and he would hold his own. Al

Lil.Bredemeier

Post by Lil.Bredemeier »

Kick em up kane..... About the best I've seen in the last 5 years bobby. He's always jumpen rabbits an no matter what he's on the ground with he just about doubles the score of the other dogs.
FCGD Lprch pprch GLOMSKI'S BIG TIME
LpGrch GLOMSKI'S CRIMSON FLAME

Lil.Bredemeier

Post by Lil.Bredemeier »

And the skipper dog of glomskis sure is one Hell of a jump dog. but his sister show time Cindy whos dead now is probly the best I've ever known of an I've seen some pretty dang nice hounds in my day...lol
FCGD Lprch pprch GLOMSKI'S BIG TIME
LpGrch GLOMSKI'S CRIMSON FLAME

Joseph J Murphy

Post by Joseph J Murphy »

This is an interesting thread.I don't think we have had a truly exceptional male jump dog since the 60's .The best jump dog we have ever had was probably Murphy's Grey Mouse. She was out of Sampson and Reffetts Ky Mtn Dancer. Not really what I call a natural jump dog,just one that hunted hard and jumped more than her share of rabbits.True jump dogs are rare and the male ones are even more rare. That Eli dog of Kenny Van Hoose looks like he may make a jump dog.havent seen him enough to know but watched him jump rabbits behind A pack of dogs.The dauchunds are pretty natural rabbit dogs.They have trials for them but I have never been to one.

J Murphy
Bring on Dream Team 3 !!!!!!

Murphy's Kennel

Post by Murphy's Kennel »

Hmm I may be a lil bias but at the Grand Nationals Demon jumped 3 in the finals and in the IN State he jumped 3 out of 4 races. Usually everytime out he jumps rabbit after rabbit..... He is by far the best jump dog I have ever owned.
HOF Murphy`s Dreaming Demon Gr.R.Ch Gr.B.Ch Triple X's Tango

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

Well first step to being a jump dog is a dog that will go look, lots of dogs in trials right now that just don't hunt very hard and it makes it easy if u bring a dog that will....and a lot less frustrating when ur carrying a gun