Jump Dog ( male )

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

fulcount

Re: Jump Dog ( male )

Post by fulcount »

Lewis' little dog tongues good on line too we had him in Maine a couple years ago and he ran a hare full circle didn't take him long to get it around either
this dogs parents are hunters too came from an amish family in KY

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

NHOF GRRCH Lahi's Brush Hog. the year he won the arha lp grand nationals he had 9 jump strikes in 2 casts.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Maple Valley in one breath im a cussing him cause Im ready to go but in the next breath Im saying ole boy not too many can run em the way you do .I can tell hes gonna run thehair off of one when after he has been running one a while and its dark he might get a short break down and Ill try to tone him in or hit him on one but he isnt coming and soon ill here him open up on the recovery and off he goes .Id like to see Junie run some day I ve heard hes a great one .
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

Keystone Kid

Post by Keystone Kid »

Here is my remedy for producing "jumpdogs".
http://www.heasleyskeystonekennels.com/ ... &Itemid=18
* I enjoy meeting new Beaglers & Squirrel Dog Owners. It's a blessing to find other's with such unique interests.
* I also enjoy helping future hunters.

http://www.heasleyskeystonekennels.com

kymtninc

Post by kymtninc »

I have been following this post with keen interest, as those of you who know me also know that I put a high premium on a "Jump Dawg." The Max dog that Jimmy Abshire referred to (on Page 5 of this topic) was I believe (help me on this Bobby) off of Reffetts Ky Mtn Sampson X Stewarts Pine Mt Sandy. As Jimmy said Max was a really nice hound and it's a pity that he was lost. The tightness of mouth was probably coming from Sandy, as I hunted with her on several occasions and she was "super tight."

Old Sampson was an excellent Jump Dawg producer. There were many but, as Jimmy said, Max was a good one. My old Dusty was one of the best that I ever saw. My Old Hussler, who was a grandson of Sampson (FC Northway Ninja X Chelsea, she by Sampson), made jumping rabbits look easy and did it almost exclusively through using his eyes and wind scent, and to complete the package would retreive killed or wounded rabbits (Sam Auxier, if you're reading this, don't that bring back memories :) ). Prater's High Jumper, Howard's Gator, my old Jade, etc., etc., and the list could go on of those that are gone. As was previously noted on this post, Perkins Buzzsaw was also a great old Jump Dawg, he was a great grandson of Sampson, being a grandson of Old Jade. My Black Magic dog (Sampson X Sarah II) is a fair Jump Dawg and is producing that quality in many of his offspring. Overall, I and the others who have run this line, have had a high percentage of game producing success with this line.

In closing, Happy Holidays to all and may everyone find that "Jump Dawg" of which memories are made.

saux2

Post by saux2 »

Hey Dexter,Hussler was as good a jump dog that I ever saw.And as good under the gun as any that I have ever hunted with.I like the Northway blood line better than any out there.How are you doing?I have not been getting to hunt much because of work.Good hearing from you.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Dexter you are right on Max's breeding. He wasn't the best jump male I have seen, but he sure did more than his part all the time. Max was my hunting buddy and my friend. I understand you are running dogs again. Is there any of the young dogs that are going to make good jump dogs?

River Valley Beagles

Post by River Valley Beagles »

Yesterday, Nate Harris and I hunted over an old hound (12 years) that is still a jump hound supreme and one of the best I ever hunted over to produced rabbits. I couldn't believe that old dude getting in the brush like that! I thought about this thread when we had him out. When I hunted with Cody, I sure was happy to have Mo Jo with us over the years. The other jumpdog that is right up there is Neel's Jala. Same with hunting with Paul and Jala. Jala was straight out of Sampson and FC Neel's Vada. I guess what I'm trying to say is Old Sampson sure did put jump power in his pups!
Dexter could help me out more with his pedigree but it looks someting like this (sorry if I chop it up.)

-----FC Northway Ninja
---FWR Reffett's KY MTN Stride
-----FC Coma Spike Driver Macrae female
-Mt. Nebo River Valley's MO JO
-----Reffett's KY MTN Sampson
---Neel's Hannah
-----FC Trixies Blue Ranger female.
I think Cody is trying to breed him one more time to a hard hunting/jumping Larson's Jackson female this week.
kymtninc wrote:I have been following this post with keen interest, as those of you who know me also know that I put a high premium on a "Jump Dawg." The Max dog that Jimmy Abshire referred to (on Page 5 of this topic) was I believe (help me on this Bobby) off of Reffetts Ky Mtn Sampson X Stewarts Pine Mt Sandy. As Jimmy said Max was a really nice hound and it's a pity that he was lost. The tightness of mouth was probably coming from Sandy, as I hunted with her on several occasions and she was "super tight."

Old Sampson was an excellent Jump Dawg producer. There were many but, as Jimmy said, Max was a good one. My old Dusty was one of the best that I ever saw. My Old Hussler, who was a grandson of Sampson (FC Northway Ninja X Chelsea, she by Sampson), made jumping rabbits look easy and did it almost exclusively through using his eyes and wind scent, and to complete the package would retreive killed or wounded rabbits (Sam Auxier, if you're reading this, don't that bring back memories :) ). Prater's High Jumper, Howard's Gator, my old Jade, etc., etc., and the list could go on of those that are gone. As was previously noted on this post, Perkins Buzzsaw was also a great old Jump Dawg, he was a great grandson of Sampson, being a grandson of Old Jade. My Black Magic dog (Sampson X Sarah II) is a fair Jump Dawg and is producing that quality in many of his offspring. Overall, I and the others who have run this line, have had a high percentage of game producing success with this line.

In closing, Happy Holidays to all and may everyone find that "Jump Dawg" of which memories are made.
When the tailgate drops, the B.S. stops!

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

did we ever figure out what the best jump dog is cause i'm looking for a stud hound to breed to here real soon
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Joeyman wrote:did we ever figure out what the best jump dog is cause i'm looking for a stud hound to breed to here real soon

The top 3 in my mind, Big Tuna, Junie , Chad Blairs Tom. Tom is pure as northway snow, good jump day in and out. To many people have told good things about tuna, Junie is day in and out a jump hound.Any of the three will work for ya i am sure.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Hey Joe another unknown young dog sitting @ my house is Mapel Valley Remember Nick---Grandson to New York Nick and grandson To Super Dog.Strong linebreeding at its best...
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

kymtninc

Post by kymtninc »

River Valley Beagles, boy does that pedigree bring back some memories of some old dogs. I've heard great things about MO JO, here's a better pedigree for him:

When you speak to Cody, tell him I said if he'd ever like to let the Old Boy come down to Kentucky for awhile I'd be more than happy to feed him :)

Take Care,
Dexter

kymtninc

Post by kymtninc »

Bobby,

Yes, I'm blessed to have several good young dogs at this time. Will they all make "Outstanding Jump Dogs"? I doubt it but, they all hunt hard and can produce. I do have two that are about a year and a half old that have all the tools to make sure enough for real "Jump Dogs." They're very good for their age but, I am of the opinion that the truely great ones blossom with age and experience.

Here's their pedigrees:

Same old stuff isn't it? :)

Take Care,
Dexter

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

THunder needs more crosses of Sampson...lol
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Dexter, what about the Iron Eagle dogs? Are you running any of those young dogs that are looking good? Wayne Waits has an Iron Eagle bred male that would make an outstanding dog if he could run him. I can't remember the dam, maybe Will can remember.