Jump Dog ( male )

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

MasonsBeagles

Re: Jump Dog ( male )

Post by MasonsBeagles »

joey,
June does retrieve. Ive hunted with the dog his whole life. He is a powerful track running hound that works a good check. At times he can reach out if it is a running rabbit but he is not a wild and crazy type of hound. Alot of that depends on if he is run in or not. He has endless bottom and gets stronger as the day gets longer. (he is no spring chicken but still can go) The longer he is ran the cleaner he runs. I have his sister and she has always been a little nasty in a check and June runs alot cleaner than she does. He is not the sterotypical LP style dog that reaches out a 100 yards. He is a great gundog and will jump rabbit after rabbit. The only way to truely judge is go see him run, he is not in his prime but he is still one heck of a hound. It all really depends on what you are looking for in a hound.
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Joey, Yes Junie retrives rabbits.Yes so does his neice FC Abshires Abby, as well as junie son Mapel Valley Remember Jimbo.And his 5 month old daughter Mapel Valley Remember Suzie retrived one just a week or so ago.I dont know how or why but they have all done it all along. Junie is 7 now and his glory days are past but now he is just as good as ever.My suggestion to you is load up and we can meet in indiana i will bring my best 2, abby and junie you bring ur best 2 .If junie does not jump more rabbits than both of ur combined its a free stud fee.I said jump not cold trail.You will not question his ability to run track as he still demands respect on a pack and more than likely will out score ya 2 for 1. Let me Know.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Joey to answer your question about Junie, he is a great gundog. To start with he is a good jump dog he will jump with about anything he is set down with. He runs the rabbit to catch, runs real hard and real clean for a dog that has ran Little Pack as much as he has. He has a great mouth anyone would be proud of, and yes he will retrieve all the rabbits he can get to. I am pretty hard to please and he sure suits me, not crazy acting at all just all business. I have loved Junie since he was a pup, and I loved his sire a lot too. Junie can eat my food until he dies if he was never bred again.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

why dont you get him up here to michigan bobby i would like to breed a quility bitch to him. i just breed my ace dog to my paycheck female and should have some pups in a cuple months. if interested i would trade a pup for a pup if you have one around. all the females in the litter are spoken for but there should be some males i have made this cross once and have a female that is 6 months old and she will run and circle them with good speed already. let me know if interested this female is VERY FAST

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Chapkos, that Ace to Paycheck sounds interesting, but I aleady have more orders than she will probably have. I do wish I could get up that way and run with you and Tony. Maybe one day we will get the chance.

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

Joeyman,
With your description of what you like, I would look at medium speed Stud dogs, or Upper Medium speed. Sounds like you are running more of a dog along the lines of a Gay line, or Gunsmoke bred type of dog.

I dont think you would like any of the Studs mentioned, because they would push harder than what you want.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

My best jump dog I've ever had. Either dry ground or frozen ground, he'll jump and drive rabbits.

Here he is. Love the booming bawl mouth when he opens up. It was tough conditions, but ran it a full hour and thirty minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T5Yo68qIyk
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

gfedor

Post by gfedor »

Hatteras Bob, do you stud out your male??? give me a shout/pm

Charles Philpot

Post by Charles Philpot »

btt
All-Terrain Beagles

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Best jump dog ive seen no one probaly ever herd of him he was sold to a unrecongized hunter here in okla.at 2 yrs old the dogs name was Rusty and i owned him this is going to sound silly but i sold him because when running was terrible he could jump and run a rabbit like he was tied to it i couldnt match him no matter where you was or what the conditions was 1 rabbit in 500 acres he would jump it and run it with close to no break downs I have seen him run with some of the best dogs thaat ever hit the ground for hours and those dogs never say a word and like i said no matter what was on the ground snow burnt grass he would geter done Sounds stupid but he made dogs look like they knew nothing sure wish i would have kept him and raised pups out of him but my mistake He was akc reg but i knew nothing about back ground

HatterasBob

Post by HatterasBob »

gfedor wrote:Hatteras Bob, do you stud out your male??? give me a shout/pm
Yes I will, but He will not leave my kennel.

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

Bobby Vest wrote:Dexter, what about the Iron Eagle dogs? Are you running any of those young dogs that are looking good? Wayne Waits has an Iron Eagle bred male that would make an outstanding dog if he could run him. I can't remember the dam, maybe Will can remember.
speaking of iron eagle dogs,i know a lot of you will say"of course vansickle would say".................

FC HOWARDS BANDIT

like tony upton would say when he was aither running against bandit or judging him..........

"we should have runnin,cause if theres a rabbit out there,bandit will find it"

and that is a strong trait i saw in a lot of iron eagle dogs,i sold crabby a female that was a jumpin machine out of eagle,lprch briarbustin katy blue,sister to his reject dog,and speaking of reject,i never got to see him go,but i always heard he was a jumpin machine,iron eagle and buzzsaws sister,well duh.............lol
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

I remembered the male Wayne Waits has is a full brother to Reject, which was Iron Eagle x Cameo. They are both good jump dogs.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

I don't think I have ever seen a male that was directly out of Iron Eagle that wasn't a good jump dog.

Katelyn

Post by Katelyn »

Bobby Vest wrote:I want to know who you think is the best jump male alive and running today. It doesn't matter if you like the line of dog or the owner. I don't care if he's pretty or not. I'm talking about a dog that jumps rabbits all the time every time. I'm talking about a dog that can dig a rabbit out when none of the other dogs can. Gun season is open now and a lot of you are getting to see some other peoples dogs hunt. Be honest with this and give credit where it's due. Thanks in advanve.
I have a 2 yr old male im trailin.
He will Jump you rabbits wen it's 100 degrees ,&&; the dogs are layin around.
he will still be jumpin rabbitsss.