pup at night

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

smooth

pup at night

Post by smooth »

I just wondering if i can get pups start on ribbit at night so the pups would have a hot track to work maybe someone can let me know your thoughts just start rabbit hunting with dog not real sure about something

Newt

Re: pup at night

Post by Newt »

Sure you can. You will have to get your pups accustomed to being out at night. Some pups are nervous and insecure when taken out at night. I would work them with a shock collar and make sure that they would come back at the tone before I took them out at night. There are a lot of varmints wandering around at night. There is a good chance they will cross a deer, fox, or some other varmints track before they cross a rabbit's track.

team fudd

Post by team fudd »

or a coyote depending on where you live and they love to eat puppies, especially those not running with a pack, I would not advise it unless you are in a coyote free area.

smooth

Post by smooth »

ok thank u not thanking about all that i was thinking more like spot light the ribbit then puting pups on track but not sure about that i live in southeast tx we do have coyotes