Locked section proposal (please read)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Who is in favor of having a locked section

I want a locked section
30%
I do not want a locked section
70%

Total votes: 79

brush_hog

Re: Locked section proposal (please read)

Post by brush_hog »

One bad thing about this is that guys that don't post a lot(like myself) couldn't view. I love the pics (especially with mobeagles yotes). I read daily, and has now overtaken the Steelernation as my favorite MB. It may force people to post whether they have anthing to say or not.

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

mobeagle,

I would be happy to tell you why I edited my last post almost immediately after I made it. Because I was writing at almost the same time as you were, and when I posted I saw what you had just written. You seem to be a reasonable man and I don't doubt your word is good, and the post you put up seemed to just say to me enough was enough. To argue a point with someone who is being reasonable also suggests being off a bit mentally and I did not to come across that way myself, thus my edit :) As far as the reaity of hunting goes I assure you I already get it. The first shot is frequently not the killing one and I have witnessed my share of horror stories. I still remember my first hare hunt and my father managing to lead a lttle to far ahead and blew the face of the hare. It took me a while to get over the screeching of the bloody, faceless hare as he then proceded to bash it's head against an apple tree to finish it off. I was abour ten years old then and maybe it just stuck with me. I'm glad I do not have pics of that hunt for sure. I have no problem with any of you fellas personally and wish you all well in your endeavors. No ill will or meanness towards anyone here from me. :D

Peace,
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Oh and to .........mybeagles,
I forgot to say...........good post.
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

so if the pics stop... then what?? will we have to stop "talking" about hunting too?

thats what the antis do... they get one small concession to get their foot in the door and then they go for more and more

everyone here is lucky to be able to enjoy beagles... maybe we should support each others enjoyment (legally) of our sport and not contribute to its decline.

NCPatch

Post by NCPatch »

Well I was going to try and stay out of this but that would be wrong after giving it some thought here is my two cents. The bible says to take meat in due season. That is what it was put here for. I don't think anyone eats yotes but they were put here for a reason also to be part of the food chain. We were given the power of looking after our earth and the animals on it and some times we have to step in and give mother nature a hand controling populations of preadators like yotes, fox,etc. This is the point we need to get across to the anti's. As far as posting pictures of dead animals I was watching National Geographic Channel Last night they had a special on the Vietnam war Human bodys piled up like cord wood. A lot of young men have died for our rights free speech the right to worship the religion we beleive etc. As far as I know we are still free. These wimpy antihunting groups probably would not even fight for there country. If things were to get bad in this country God Forbid They would be the first to starve to death. Don't give in to there wishes this is our place and we are hunters!!!
Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of GOD.

cburchett77

Post by cburchett77 »

Well said NCPatch!!!
Clyde Burchett

http://pleasanthillbeagles.webs.com

cburchett77@yahoo.com

GOD SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR YOU ALSO!!

les 09

Post by les 09 »

i love less competition killem all,postem if you gottem.just try and make sure there dead first for little kids' sake don't want the anti's to have something against us, if i coyote hunted i would post my pictures and say pi$$ on the anti's just my thought

les

bluegrass

Post by bluegrass »

blackdirt beagles wrote:i say leave things as is... we shouldnt have to feel guilty or apologize for shooting rabbits. maybe everone who posts a nice hunt pic should put the words "pic included" in their title. that way those who dont wish to see the pics, can just pass over the posts and the rest of us can enjoy the messageboard as we always have.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
The 1st amendment allows the usual liberal narcissistic "I think.." which is how they start all their sentences.

The second amendment protects us from implementing "I think"

mobeagle

Post by mobeagle »

New York Hillbilly wrote:mobeagle,

I would be happy to tell you why I edited my last post almost immediately after I made it. Because I was writing at almost the same time as you were, and when I posted I saw what you had just written. You seem to be a reasonable man and I don't doubt your word is good, and the post you put up seemed to just say to me enough was enough. To argue a point with someone who is being reasonable also suggests being off a bit mentally and I did not to come across that way myself, thus my edit :) As far as the reaity of hunting goes I assure you I already get it. The first shot is frequently not the killing one and I have witnessed my share of horror stories. I still remember my first hare hunt and my father managing to lead a lttle to far ahead and blew the face of the hare. It took me a while to get over the screeching of the bloody, faceless hare as he then proceded to bash it's head against an apple tree to finish it off. I was abour ten years old then and maybe it just stuck with me. I'm glad I do not have pics of that hunt for sure. I have no problem with any of you fellas personally and wish you all well in your endeavors. No ill will or meanness towards anyone here from me. :D

Peace,
NYH

Good enough for me. The last thing I want is to become a problem for the board and its members. While I have my own opinion on this subject and a very strong one this is and will remain a community board while its easy to just say screw so and so the voice of the board is what matters as long as that voice isnt coming from anti hunters I will listen to anyones opinion on the subject. I'm not blind to what some see in those pics but I'm a bible believer and the worlds resources animals, land and water were put here for us to reign over. Even if you or someone else feel I'm wrong the wonderfull thing about the country that we live in is we're all entitled to our opinions and have the legal right to voice those opinions out loud.

Happy hunting
Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.

blackdirt beagles

looks like the vote is staying pretty steady at 70% in favor of posting pics.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

maybe everone who posts a nice hunt pic should put the words "pic included" in their title. that way those who dont wish to see the pics, can just pass over the posts and the rest of us can enjoy the messageboard as we always have.
This is in direct reference to my suggestion that those who feel IN THEIR OWN JUDGEMENT that the pics might be a bit too graphic for some, put a PG warning in the title. What does posting "nice hunt pics" have any relevence to this? Do you think there's no difference? That hunting pics are hunting pics? It's all black and white, no grey, and no room for common sense?

I'm not making it a mandate that you not post them, or that you must pre-warn. I'm suggesting that people post within their own comfort levels, and when even their own comfort level tells them the pics they are about to post might be a little rough, (which some have admitted to) then do the courtesy of announcing it, just in case. It's not just about the antis, it's not just about right or wrong, macho men and pansies, hunter vs non-hunter, or all or nothing. To think so would make one so narrow-minded they could look through a keyhole with both eyes.

PG stands for Parental Guidance. There are a lot of children who frequent this board with their parents. Some bring them here as part of their introduction to the sport. That being said, I'm sure some of the parents would be grateful for a heads up on pictures of a graphic kill...not the results of a normal harvest. No different than when folks post grisly pictures of just the front half of a beloved dog when a coyote has run off with the back half. C'mon, people, I can't believe you need such hand-holding in this. Not everybody wants to see that, and I can see where that could traumatize a 9-year-old kid who just got his first beagle. No quicker way to run some of them right out of the sport.

Think beyond the adrenaline and testosterone. Think beyond the possibility that your opinion is the only one that counts. That's all I'm asking. We're all hunting dog owners. We have nothing to hide, and we have nothing to prove, either.

marr24

Post by marr24 »

Well said Bev.

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

mybeagles wrote:Create a list of "frequent contacts" and send them all the pics for each hunt as a combined PM.

I dont have any ill feelings about the pictures or how coyote are harvested, but how many bloody coyotes with hounds standing over them do you have to look at .....this one was shot in back leg, this one was shot in the gutts, this one clipped his front paw :roll:

If you get a particularly big coyote, or have a good story and the picture adds to the story thats pretty cool....... :lol: .

Looking at overweight men exhausted from the days hunt, with dogs twisted up in a leash is more commical than anything...... ;)

There might be a sense of revenge in some of your hearts over these coyote that make your life more complicated.....some of you start salvating when you see a coyote getting chewed up..... :biggrin:

Listen to yourselves......"Yea, I have this web site I go to.....I have a private password so I can see the real bloody pictures of coyote getting chewed up by dogs"....... :ashamed:

Mybeagles
why dont ya just share that website with those who wants to see it one thing i want to be first :nod: :nod: :nod:
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

blackdirt beagles

Bev wrote:
maybe everone who posts a nice hunt pic should put the words "pic included" in their title. that way those who dont wish to see the pics, can just pass over the posts and the rest of us can enjoy the messageboard as we always have.
This is in direct reference to my suggestion that those who feel IN THEIR OWN JUDGEMENT that the pics might be a bit too graphic for some, put a PG warning in the title. What does posting "nice hunt pics" have any relevence to this? Do you think there's no difference? That hunting pics are hunting pics? It's all black and white, no grey, and no room for common sense?

I'm not making it a mandate that you not post them, or that you must pre-warn. I'm suggesting that people post within their own comfort levels, and when even their own comfort level tells them the pics they are about to post might be a little rough, (which some have admitted to) then do the courtesy of announcing it, just in case. It's not just about the antis, it's not just about right or wrong, macho men and pansies, hunter vs non-hunter, or all or nothing. To think so would make one so narrow-minded they could look through a keyhole with both eyes.

PG stands for Parental Guidance. There are a lot of children who frequent this board with their parents. Some bring them here as part of their introduction to the sport. That being said, I'm sure some of the parents would be grateful for a heads up on pictures of a graphic kill...not the results of a normal harvest. No different than when folks post grisly pictures of just the front half of a beloved dog when a coyote has run off with the back half. C'mon, people, I can't believe you need such hand-holding in this. Not everybody wants to see that, and I can see where that could traumatize a 9-year-old kid who just got his first beagle. No quicker way to run some of them right out of the sport.

Think beyond the adrenaline and testosterone. Think beyond the possibility that your opinion is the only one that counts. That's all I'm asking. We're all hunting dog owners. We have nothing to hide, and we have nothing to prove, either.
hi bev- long time no see... i posted that quote before your post about the "PG" thing... i wasnt referencing your post i was just throwing out a quick (and easy) fix so certain people wouldnt be offended. personally my 5 girl year old loves to see the hunt pics and thought the coyote ones were pretty cool. the only time i am cautious about her is on a couple other hunting sites, they have a "girlie" :P :kiss: section that obviously isnt for kids but they are plainly stated as such and your not gonna see anything you dont want to see... trust me :dance: . i just think people are getting wound up for no reason... i mean come on this IS a hunting site, what do they expect. maybe you just add another forum just for pics... thats what some other boards do. regular conversation and questions here and pics in a different forum... i dont know... best thing to do probably is just delete this whole topic and leave things as is!

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

c'mon blackdirt that dog is ttearing the hell out of that rabbit's foot, i almost started crying when i seen that. :lol: