Locked section proposal (please read)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Who is in favor of having a locked section

I want a locked section
30%
I do not want a locked section
70%

Total votes: 79

Bev
Site Admin

Re: Locked section proposal (please read)

Post by Bev »

I think both sides have valid points. I think what we have to keep in mind is, do the pics illustrate our sport or do they have the potential to hurt it. When in doubt, take a prudent route for others' and our future's sake.

That being said, I won't cow to any special interest group -- especially the anti's. They could come down on this place feeling justified for any reason. When I started and published The American Beagler, it mailed to 46 of the 50 states and 8 of the 10 Canadian provinces. I never shied away from putting dead rabbits on the cover of it, despite a sensitive (and quite national) advertiser's wish that I not do so. I eventually lost them as an advertiser, but I had them replaced with another one in 5 minutes and one phone call. I will not be blackmailed by anyone. I also don't hesitate to put dead rabbits at the top of this page.

I will ask you to consider this option. If you think (in your judgment) it's a picture that goes beyond the average pic of simply showing the day's spoils, you might give it a rating of PG-Pics in the title as a heads up for members here who may not wish to see them.

That's how I feel about it at this moment. :bigsmile:

bigjohn

Post by bigjohn »

Bev,I've never met you,but I like you alot.You say how you feel and stick with it.As someone else said ,if we keep cowering from the anti's,it appears that we are ashamed of what we do.I for one am not and you don't seem to be either.Let those that want to see,see and those that don't,well go somewhere else.

mobeagle

Post by mobeagle »

Maybe its just me being out of line. What I mean by that is the pics that I have posted that some feel arent good viewing material isnt even of rabbits and thats what this forum is about. I posted a few pics in a thread once and several members loved them and pmd me to post them as they come. If MY coyote pics become a problem for the board I will not put them on here out of respect for the board and its members. I would not have continually posted them on here if it wasnt for all the positive response I got in the begining and vowed to not post them when the complaints started. Without a locked section I believe I'll just keep them to myself and stand by what I said out of respect for the board and its members. The last thing I want is for the board to become split or cause problems for the administrators. For those of you who enjoyed the pics thanks for all the replies but I'm a man of my word and will not post them again. I guess anyone who REALLY likes them I can pm them to you.

Happy hunting
Nathan
Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.

New York Hillbilly

Post by New York Hillbilly »

Bev,

Prudent....I like it!

Peace,
NYH
When my life on earth is ended....this is all I'm gonna say...Lord I've been a hard working pilgrim on the way!

mobeagle

Post by mobeagle »

New York Hillbilly wrote:Bev,

Prudent....I like it!

Peace,
NYH

Not sure why you edited that post? As far as enjoying a long slow death NYH thats never the intent just the reality of how it works out sometimes. We shoot to kill but occasionally they're not perfect shots and the dogs get there before another bullet thats just the reality. And alot of them get run down or in somewhere and the dogs get the kill thats just part of hunting hounds on any game. If every shot fired ended in instant death I'd be perfectly happy but thats just not reality.
Take your kids huntin and you wont have to hunt for your kids.

ricky murphy

Post by ricky murphy »

Bev wrote:I think both sides have valid points. I think what we have to keep in mind is, do the pics illustrate our sport or do they have the potential to hurt it. When in doubt, take a prudent route for others' and our future's sake.

That being said, I won't cow to any special interest group -- especially the anti's. They could come down on this place feeling justified for any reason. When I started and published The American Beagler, it mailed to 46 of the 50 states and 8 of the 10 Canadian provinces. I never shied away from putting dead rabbits on the cover of it, despite a sensitive (and quite national) advertiser's wish that I not do so. I eventually lost them as an advertiser, but I had them replaced with another one in 5 minutes and one phone call. I will not be blackmailed by anyone. I also don't hesitate to put dead rabbits at the top of this page.

I will ask you to consider this option. If you think (in your judgment) it's a picture that goes beyond the average pic of simply showing the day's spoils, you might give it a rating of PG-Pics in the title as a heads up for members here who may not wish to see them.

That's how I feel about it at this moment. :bigsmile:
I dont think giving in to the Antis in any shape form or fashion wise.....its your forum Bev if you want to cater to hunters that's your decision alone....I dont think a forum catering to the Antis and hunters is going to work well...the anti's want to stop all HUNTING...i DONT THINK PICTURE OF DEAD RABBITS NEED TO BE LOCKED ARE HIDDEN AWAY. oNCE YOU START RUNNING U WILL ALLLWAYS BE RUNNNING---REGARDS :moon:

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

blackdirt beagles wrote:i say leave things as is... we shouldnt have to feel guilty or apologize for shooting rabbits. maybe everone who posts a nice hunt pic should put the words "pic included" in their title. that way those who dont wish to see the pics, can just pass over the posts and the rest of us can enjoy the messageboard as we always have.

I agree with this and what Emery has said.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

da ridgetop

Post by da ridgetop »

I think we should keep it the way it is we as hunters and houndsmen shouldn't have to be ashamed of our heritage and our freedom. What's happened to this country that we feel (silent majority) that we have to be politically correct even on a website for hounds men.I understand that the antis are constantly trying to make us appear as unethical savages but they are going to no matter what so why try to hide and make it appear THAT WE ARE ASHAMED OF BEING HUNTERS.I say post what you like as long as you respect the fact that children also use this board and the ones that don't like it get a life and worry about somthing else other than a few pictures just my opinion respectfully Donald Alexander
Take a ride on the SHORTBUS

ricky murphy

Post by ricky murphy »

Some times trying to ride both sides of the fence dont pay------sometimes it pays well :nod: who brought up the hide the bunnie photo's anyway an ANTI???????????????? :angel:

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Create a list of "frequent contacts" and send them all the pics for each hunt as a combined PM.

I dont have any ill feelings about the pictures or how coyote are harvested, but how many bloody coyotes with hounds standing over them do you have to look at .....this one was shot in back leg, this one was shot in the gutts, this one clipped his front paw :roll:

If you get a particularly big coyote, or have a good story and the picture adds to the story thats pretty cool....... :lol: .

Looking at overweight men exhausted from the days hunt, with dogs twisted up in a leash is more commical than anything...... ;)

There might be a sense of revenge in some of your hearts over these coyote that make your life more complicated.....some of you start salvating when you see a coyote getting chewed up..... :biggrin:

Listen to yourselves......"Yea, I have this web site I go to.....I have a private password so I can see the real bloody pictures of coyote getting chewed up by dogs"....... :ashamed:

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

it well never end you got hunters :check: ......... and then you got anti's :hammer: ....................... and then you got the worry wart's :roll:......and then all you get is :argue: .

BIG ORDEAL

Post by BIG ORDEAL »

They are wackos,and will never stop me from doing what I love.Post you pics boys,love seeing them.pee on the antis they are a waste of oxygen and better not ever get in my way.LONG LIVE HUNTIN WITH HOUNDS!!!

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Compromise once and then where does it stop??? Let em complain.......if posting pics becomes against the law then I'd worry about it. Until then Bev you have to decide what is and is not acceptable viewing on the board but I don't think most of the members would mind much of any picture posted on here.

I don't know how a rabbit gutting video is any worse than the yote pics and I don't remember anyone complaining about the video.

Like I said Bev you have to decide what you want on your board but in my eyes appeasement is nothing more than another step in the wrong direction.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

cburchett77

Post by cburchett77 »

I am with them. If you hide what you are doing, that is the first victory for the anti's. Like John said,"I will not hide". When my 5 yr old hides something, the first thing I think is, he is doing something wrong. The anti's are going to find something to complain about with or without the pictures. I believe they are pics that are better off not put on the web, but that is when everyone needs to use common sense. Or maybe Bev can delete the ones what she believes is too graffic. Just my oppinon. I will be glad to sign in to view pictures, but I believe that is the wrong step for hunters.
Clyde Burchett

http://pleasanthillbeagles.webs.com

cburchett77@yahoo.com

GOD SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR YOU ALSO!!

PAhardwoods

Post by PAhardwoods »

post away the people that dont wanna look at them dont have to!!!
Hunt to live, Live to hunt