devastated again

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

PREACHERS,KENNEL

devastated again

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

my spirit dog has had her best yr ,, always jumped a fair amount of rabbits but this yr she was on a tare ....
yesterday she started barking in her dog box some . i went out and checked on her ,did see anything .. i picked her up ,loved on her a bit ..she seemed fine and went back in her dog house ..
this morn i looked out the window and she was rolling around innthe dirt outside which is froze ...i thought whats wrong with that dog its to cold to be out playing right now .
so i jump in my clothes and by the time i get outside ,shes laying straight out ,i thought this dont look good i dont think i eveer seen her do this ,..i owned her since she was about a yr old she is now a little over 7 ..
when i got to her i called her name no response ,i hollered it for some reason , no response .
i picked her up she was limp ,evidently the playing i thought she was doing was dyeing ..
she was eating good ,well she didnt want to eat her dry dog feed but she was always take spells of being finicky .\

so the last 2 days i gave her hot dogs which she loved of course ...i just had her out the other day and she did good, real good.i am clueless..i just lost cheif not long ago now spirit . i just dont know if i have the heart for this anymore .

stay tuned for dogs for sale and tritronics and garmin astro unit ...this hurts real bad ..i have 3 young dog 1 a tad over 2 and 1 a little under 2 and 1 13 months old which is looking great ..
this isjust unreal and i hope i make sense as i wipe the tears from my eyes,
sincerely devastated again and probably even worse.

lifehog

Re: devastated again

Post by lifehog »

So sorry to hear

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Sorry for ur loss preacher, i will venture to say she has twisted a gut.Seen it before.Once again sorry for ur loss it sucks.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Gbeagle

Post by Gbeagle »

Sorry to hear this Ricky!!! I know it's hard but keeep your head up.
A mans EGO is one heck of a weight for a dog to carry!!!!!

da ridgetop

Post by da ridgetop »

Sorry for your loss it seems like the good ones never stay around long enough Donald
Take a ride on the SHORTBUS

bradadkins

Post by bradadkins »

sorry for your loss..
Adkins Bluegrass Beagles
That's How I Roll

dave g

Post by dave g »

i am very sorry for your loss. i myself have not lost a beagle yet but i have lost a big hound and it is very hard. i hope you dont get out of the sport. give it time, relax and take care of yourself.

later, dave

BEAGLEBLUES

Post by BEAGLEBLUES »

I am so sorry for your loss. I feel for you.
Jamey

TC

Post by TC »

Dang Red Sorry to hear this REAL Sorry. kinda made me tear up just thinkin on your Loss. I know how much you thought of that girl. hang in there bud...You know better than Anybody that it will take time to heal and there will always be a spot that never Really heals up just kinda fills in.
Dont give up just yet Give it some time. get them pups out and just play with em..Watch em and if you Dont feel a little somethin start to stir then think on it some more...
SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.. R.I.P Spirit
TC
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Norshore

Post by Norshore »

Sorry for your loss...I know it's hard, Seems like the good ones always go to soon.

ironjawdawgs

Post by ironjawdawgs »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:Sorry for ur loss preacher, i will venture to say she has twisted a gut.Seen it before.Once again sorry for ur loss it sucks.
This is the vary first thing that came to my mind also Preacher. So Sorry for you loss. Stick with it and don't get out of it just yet.

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Unbelievable Ricky!

Wish I could do something for you. Don't do anything rash, just stay the course for a while.

So sorry!!!!!!

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

sorry to hear this. I just lost my male Dec 2nd 2009 and i cried like a baby. Hang in there don't go selling all your hounds. Focus on the dogs you have now and keep on beagling.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

I am so sorry Red. It just doesn't seem fair that these special hounds leave us so soon. :cry:
We have been where you are and have the best pack of dogs burried out in the running pen. It never gets easy and they are never replaced by another. But what we have found is that the special ones keep coming to you. The hole is never filled but the heart gets bigger to make more room. I thought I would never get over the loss of Hammer, but there was Eightball begging for my attention. What a special dog he is to me. He isn't Hammer, he is Eightball. Two totally different personalities and abilities but both dearly loved equally.
Don't sell out yet. Give it some time before you you do anything. Maybe spend a little time talking to the dogs and visiting. Look them in the eye and ask them what they want? I gaurentee they will look back at you with unconditional love and help you make your decision.
Don't squat with your spurs on!

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Sorry to hear about Spirit , Preacher . Hang in there !!!

Buddy