Best dog you have ever seen..

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

gfedor

Re: Best dog you have ever seen..

Post by gfedor »

OLD MAN JOE MCFARLIN FROM SO. BRUNSWICK NJ HAD THIS GRADE MALE (MOSTLY BRANKO) POWERHOUSE DOG, HE DIVE INTO ANY BRIARPACH HE SAW, RELENTLESS ON A RABBIT. HUNT UNTIL DRAGGED OUT FROM THE BRIARS!!! I HUNTED WITH SEVERAL FC'S, HIS HUNT,DESIRE BLEWTHEM AWAY. I JUDGE ALL MY DOGS ON HIS TYPE OF DESIRE,HUNT. (HAVEN'T FOUND IT YET)

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Hands down, LPGRC/World Champion Smith's Weedeater Tramp

She is also the mother of 2X World Champion Bruner's Amanda
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Lucille's M

Post by Lucille's M »

I got the chance to run with Junie once I think there where 8 or 9 dog on the ground and he dominated them all and made me a believer I also got to see Travis Mc Arthy's Diamond female pull a pack around the field on 3 legs in 85 degree heat to win a UKC PP challenge series hunt

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I.F.C.Maravic's Blue Ninja.He didn't care what was running with him he just ran HIS rabbit.Saw him run in a large pack on hare with 42 big males and you'd have thought he was running solo.
Briarpatch Black Magic.Bred and raised by Roy Kennedy.Throughout his career a very fast front running hound that could dominate most dogs run with him.In fact he was so dominant that I've seen other hounds that would quit trying to run with him and go off and find their own hare to run.
Branko's One Tough Hombre'. Saw him win the 2003 Large Pack On Hare Nationals at Spacetown,N.H. Running was very spotty and game was scarce and he locked on his rabbit when the majority of the pack was runningh around like a Chinese fire drill.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

mtn style

Post by mtn style »

ITLs Dirt Road Zippper ------ I was fortunate to be able to run with this hound and kill a few rabbits with him,but the most impressive thing was his extreme accuracy on his check drive. I watched this dog move into a check and through it and out time again like he placed the trail himself. He had some faults like all hounds but to me if u looked up check in the dictionary there would definitely be a picture of old Zip.

Chippewa01

Post by Chippewa01 »

A grade dog named Bing. He was never leashed to a house or anything. The owner just let him run all day everyday, whenever the dog felt like running he went running. This dog could pound a rabbit for as long as that bunny wanted to run. He was killed on the road and the driver said he seen a rabbit go across about 5 seconds earlier. The dog lived to run.
http://www.chippewa-valley-kennels.webs.com
Home of
Ch HbCh Buckeye Bear of Brush
PcH GrHbCh Chippewa Bear Cub
GrHbCh Chippewa Little Rachel

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

Most impressive big male FC Shaws Trailblazer Skunk ( I judged him )
Jiggs Adirondack Annie (I owned her ) One of the best hunting dogs
Drummonds Chopper ( I ran with & Judged ) Great hunting dog
Knee High Dutchess (Great hunter )

Have seen alot of real good ones but these stand out.

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

Have four I have not been to a trial would like to one day Kettle Creek Ranger, out of FC Northtown Frosty,Kettle Creek Mackey Boy out of FC Wookie ,Stines Time Oops A Chase, Frenchman Mamma Cass,that is breed to Brankos Chubbey Checker right now , and a grade dog my cousin Chad Houser Gave to me her name was Jill all of these dog have no quit ,great desire and when your hunting they know where you are and they do it with speed a rabbit hunting machine extreme hunt
Last edited by sbadger on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10

Barry Mercer

Post by Barry Mercer »

AKC National Champion Ftch Harecharmer Ringo could run on anything, snow ,ice,
rocks, it didn't matter.

Mullins Beagles

Post by Mullins Beagles »

FC MARK V ACE IN THE HOLE/FC SALT RIVER LUCY/FC TALKABOUT CHRISTY/FC TALK ABOUT KELLY/FC WHITE OAK CREEKS BLITZ/FC TALKABOUT BLUEBERRY

Joe Clark

Post by Joe Clark »

No doubt about it. FC Brankos Silvertone Belle

Jeremy Mapes

Post by Jeremy Mapes »

Mr Meaner's Kravens Fortune (IFC Branko's Cassanova x Kingwood Bounty) was the best all around dog I've ever seen, by far the smoothest running dog I've ever seen. He could run check free for hours. The second best I've seen was a young make I had out of him and the 3rd best was HBCH Dolph's Rooster Cagburn. Rooster was a jumpdog with awesome foot and good control. He was hard to beat in the hunts. He would have finished to GRHBCH if he hadn't had a heat stroke, and then been hit by car not long after. Seems like so many of the good ones leave us to early.
Dry Creek Kennel-Bred to get it done where it counts the most "under the gun".
RIP FC Buckeye's Big John
PCH HBCH Dry Creek Stroke Of Genius
DCK Bounty Hunter
DCK Queen Of The Cage (Rousey)

Butch

Post by Butch »

IFC Green Bay Shooter without a doubt. They say every dog has a fault. I watched him run hundreds of times and I could not find a fault.Great line control with alot of brains.Cant beat it.

upperlimits

Post by upperlimits »

Hollywoods lucky Lucy.

Ken Yerian

Post by Ken Yerian »

It's tuff to pick just one so here is my top TEN:
1. FC Jenkin's Energizer Out of FC Northway Ninja and Jenkin's Pugsly. This dog was a true pleasure dog with outstanding hunt, desire and he handled like a dream. Ran with him several times and Kenny Jenkins didn't even use a lead with him.
2. FC Branko's Jackpot. Beat a class of 104 males at Jessamine county. If I remember correctly it took the Judges 3 days to sort thru all of them.
3. Blubanks Moon Pie Watched her go at Jessamine co also. Very impressive dog. She would have finished easily if she had been trialed more. Would have loved to own her.
4. FC Perries Comeon Katie. 13" female that could really rock and roll. I was glad when she finished so the rest of us would have a chance. Very nice dog. Was always going to get a pup out of her but It just didn't happen.
5. FC Thirty Ought Six Lulu I've ran with her several times in Trials and just running Dogs. Always in there giving it her best.
6. FC Eyer's Little Rosco. Seemed like he always made the winner's pack
7. FC Green Bay Wiley very fast and clean
8. Fc Branko's One Tuff Hombre i seen him just take over a pack and completly dominate. Very Fast.
9. Nat FC Maravic's Blueberry Only seen him go once but he put a real show on that day. Always on the line.
10. Burr Oak Boone. my Dad's dog that taught me to rabbit hunt back in the late 50's. Boone was solid Blue cap bred. he had two wins when he was stolen from our kennels.
Ken Yerian
Burr Oak Beagles