ATTENTION INDIANA HUNTERS - WHAT IS NEXT?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

nu dawg

ATTENTION INDIANA HUNTERS - WHAT IS NEXT?

Post by nu dawg »

The Indiana DNR is having a meeting next Tuesday, March 16 and the coyote hunts may be a thing of the past. Please check
www.coyoterescue.org, then go down to NEW ARTICLES then go to ICDC NEWSLETTER and read the WINTER 2010 NEWSLETTER. The meeting will be held at Harrison State Park Inn, 5830 N. Post Road, Indianapolis, In. at 10:00a.m. If you want to contact the DNR Director Robert Carter at 317-232-4020. Be courteous, respectful and let them know that you approve of hunting be it inside the wire or out.

DBFUZZ

Re: ATTENTION INDIANA HUNTERS - WHAT IS NEXT?

Post by DBFUZZ »

Don Lecount is putting a group together to go down if you would like to know more about call Don(frenchman)
:angryfire: :angryfire:
FC GD CRYSTAL KID CHECKERS
HBCH DT BARTON'S DEMON TRAILS
GRHBCH HALFWAY FRENCHMANS BARBIE
Prc DT BARTON'S SUPER FLYING CHUBBY
http://WWW.DTBARTONSBEAGLES.COM

just for fun beagler

Post by just for fun beagler »

coyote today rabbit tomorrow. :angryfire: :hammer:
Home Of:
GRPCH Platts Rowdy Molly Bell
GRHBCH Halfway Frenchmans Mazie
Platts Princess Missy Wine
The up and comeing:
Platts Halfway Trails Briar Buster
Platts DT Striker Jr

nu dawg

Post by nu dawg »

i sincerely THANK YOU for reading this post.i have BEAGLES and pleasure hunt them year around.but for 47 years i've had foxhounds and coyote hounds.i've seen a lot of changes,from nite running red foxes to running in enclosers.i've field trialed and been lucky enough to have traveled and run hounds in a lot of different states.met a lot of the BEST people this world has to offer.retired now and still want to enjoy more of the good times ,i thought about all those work years.if fox chaseing and coyote hunting and running enclosers are shut down,banned,done away with can BEAGLE running,field trials',beagle clubs with enclosers be next? i want future generations to be able to enjoy the good times us older,worn out hound men have enjoy,if they should so choose.i'm sorry to say i'll not be at the meeting.my wife had a very terrible aoutmobile accident on NOV.11 and she is still rehabbing and doing better.my BIG hounds are scattered around with friends,THE BEST PEOPLE THIS WORLD HAS TO OFFER.will get them gathered up again,sometime.as of now the BEAGLES are my total enjoyment.as my wife recuperates the beagles get to go more and more every day.to those that attend the meeting,i say THANK YOU i hope our way of life is never stopped.SINCERELY "nu dawg" LeRoy Roeder 63227 dogwood rd. mishawakwa,indiana.i can be reached at 574 633 4363 evenings WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE INDIANA BEAGLE ALLIANCE?

billfosburgh

Post by billfosburgh »

Indiana Beagle Alliance is worth the membership fee, i encourage all to join
CH HBCH Gotta Go Freakin Deacon
CH Andrea`s Cry Baby Emma
CCH Mtn. Views Art of Deception (Sly)
LP B CH LPRCH Big Country`s Mo JO

DBFUZZ

Post by DBFUZZ »

AGENDA ITEM #10 1 Consideration of Recommendation of DNR Committee Formed to Consider Citizen Petitions regarding the Chasing and Hunting of Coyotes and Foxes with Dogs; Administrative Cause No. 09-069D, 09-073D, and 09-074D.
COYOTE PETITION REPORT
Indiana Department of Natural Resources
March 2010
Petitions
Three petitions were received by the Natural Resources Commission in April of 2009. They are as follows:
1. Prohibit fox and coyote running enclosures during the hunting and trapping seasons, including prohibiting a person to use a dog to hunt, injure, maul, pursue, track, harass, take, or kill coyotes or foxes within a confined area where the purpose is to train and/or run dogs.
2. Prohibit a person from being able to take (includes kill, injure, maul, pursue, track, hunt, harass, or disturb in any manner) coyotes and foxes by the use or aid of a dog.
Background on Running/Training enclosures
The DNR does not currently authorize running enclosures through a special permit or authorization. However, by allowing trappers to live-trap coyotes and foxes during the trapping season and possess them during the remainder of the trapping season without a special permit, this activity is currently legal during the hunting and trapping season for that animal. It is also currently legal to chase coyotes or foxes with dogs inside an enclosure outside the season with a field trial permit from the DNR.
Purpose of Running Enclosures
1. Provides a place for individuals to train dogs, particularly those that are young or inexperienced, to trail coyotes and foxes in an enclosure that has an increased population density of coyotes and foxes (result of stocking).
2. Provides access to private land for pursuing furbearers due to the reduced amount of land available to hunt furbearers.
3. Allows training to be conducted safely in a controlled environment and allows dogs to be retrieved from a chase at any time.
4. Allows for individuals, including the young and elderly, to participate in the chase and observe the furbearers and dogs.
5. Allows judging of individual dogs during a chase during organized competitions (field trials).
Concerns about Running Enclosures
1. Fair Chase: Running enclosures do not always provide for fair chase. The DNR Division of Fish and Wildlife believes that regulated hunting, fishing and trapping are legitimate pursuits when conducted in fair chase. Fair chase requires the hunter to not have an unfair advantage and the game animal has a reasonable chance of escape.

DBFUZZ

Post by DBFUZZ »

This is an urgent request for all sportsmen and women to write, call, and/or email the Governor and ask him to direct IDNR, specifically Fish and Wildlife to drop efforts to close our Training and Field Trialiing areas. A rule change has been presented to the Natural Resource Commission to close all Coyote and Fox training and Field Trialing areas, They are using Fair Chase as a reason and have purposely not consulted with the sporting dog venues in the state in making this decsion. The Governors office says they are not hearing from us....

PLEASE, THIS IS URGENT AND IS CRITICAL TO OUR DOG TRAINING AND FIELD TRIALING AREAS.

ASK MITCH PHONE NUMBER

317-232-4567

GOVERNORS MAILING ADDRESS

OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR

STATEHOUSE

INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA 46204-2797

YOU CAN EMAIL THE GOVERNOR BY GOING TO THE IN.GOV WEBSITE AND CLICKING ON THE ASK MITCH LINK.

Again, it is critical that alll sportsmen and everyone in your address book be made aware of the need to contact the governors office

DBFUZZ

Post by DBFUZZ »

This is an urgent request for all sportsmen and women to write, call, and/or email the Governor and ask him to direct IDNR, specifically Fish and Wildlife to drop efforts to close our Training and Field Trialiing areas. A rule change has been presented to the Natural Resource Commission to close all Coyote and Fox training and Field Trialing areas, They are using Fair Chase as a reason and have purposely not consulted with the sporting dog venues in the state in making this decsion. The Governors office says they are not hearing from us....

PLEASE, THIS IS URGENT AND IS CRITICAL TO OUR DOG TRAINING AND FIELD TRIALING AREAS.

ASK MITCH PHONE NUMBER

317-232-4567

GOVERNORS MAILING ADDRESS

OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR

STATEHOUSE

INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA 46204-2797

YOU CAN EMAIL THE GOVERNOR BY GOING TO THE IN.GOV WEBSITE AND CLICKING ON THE ASK MITCH LINK.

Again, it is critical that alll sportsmen and everyone in your address book be made aware of the need to contact the governors office

DBFUZZ

Post by DBFUZZ »

Indiana Sportsmen:
Please Contact Governor Daniels and NRC Members – Anti-Hunting Radicals Trying to Close Dog Training and Field Trialing Areas!

The well-funded Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is up to its old tricks again. With the potential help of the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, HSUS is once again attacking Indiana ’s hunters by attempting to shutdown dog training and field trialing across the State!

A rule change has been presented to the Natural Resources Commission (NRC) to close all coyote and fox training and field trialing areas based on emotional, politically-charged complaints against fenced training facilities. Dog owners in the state report that the NRC has refused to consult with the very sportsmen whose way of life is being threatened by this proposed rule change.

Governor Mitch Daniels (R) and the NRC need to hear from Indiana Sportsmen in support of keeping the dog training facilities open! Rest assured that a win by the anti-hunting radicals like HSUS on this issue will embolden them to take future steps in the future toward their ultimate goal of banning all hunting. Hunters must stand united against this brazen attempt to ban a traditional hunting practice. The NRC should know better than to allow emotion and politics to dictate rules in the Hoosier State !

Please contact Governor Daniels and the members of the Natural Resources Commission TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose this rule change! Governor Daniels can be reached by phone at 317-232-4567 or visit http://www.in.gov/gov/2631.htm to send email. Contact information for the NRC and a list of members can be found below.

Natural Resources Commission:

Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Avenue , Room N501
Indianapolis , Indiana 46204
Phone: (317) 232-4699
Fax: (317) 233-2977

To send email, please visit http://www.in.gov/nrc/2386.htm.

Members of the Natural Resources Commission:

Bryan Poynter, Chair - Citizen Member
Jane Ann Stautz, Vice Chair - Citizen Member
Robert Carter, Jr., Secretary - DNR Director
Brian Blackford, Director - Indiana Office of Tourism Development
Michael Reed, INDOT Commissioner - Mark Ahearn (Proxy)
Thomas Easterly, IDEM Commissioner - MaryAnn Habeeb (Proxy)
Patrick Early, Chair - Natural Resources Advisory Council
Donald G. Ruch, Appointee - Indiana Academy of Sciences
Phil French, Citizen Member
Doug Grant, Citizen Member
Lawrence Klein, Citizen Member
Robert Wright, Citizen Member

DBFUZZ

Post by DBFUZZ »

Indiana Sportsmen:
Please Contact Governor Daniels and NRC Members – Anti-Hunting Radicals Trying to Close Dog Training and Field Trialing Areas!

The well-funded Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is up to its old tricks again. With the potential help of the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, HSUS is once again attacking Indiana ’s hunters by attempting to shutdown dog training and field trialing across the State!

A rule change has been presented to the Natural Resources Commission (NRC) to close all coyote and fox training and field trialing areas based on emotional, politically-charged complaints against fenced training facilities. Dog owners in the state report that the NRC has refused to consult with the very sportsmen whose way of life is being threatened by this proposed rule change.

Governor Mitch Daniels (R) and the NRC need to hear from Indiana Sportsmen in support of keeping the dog training facilities open! Rest assured that a win by the anti-hunting radicals like HSUS on this issue will embolden them to take future steps in the future toward their ultimate goal of banning all hunting. Hunters must stand united against this brazen attempt to ban a traditional hunting practice. The NRC should know better than to allow emotion and politics to dictate rules in the Hoosier State !

Please contact Governor Daniels and the members of the Natural Resources Commission TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose this rule change! Governor Daniels can be reached by phone at 317-232-4567 or visit http://www.in.gov/gov/2631.htm to send email. Contact information for the NRC and a list of members can be found below.

Natural Resources Commission:

Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Avenue , Room N501
Indianapolis , Indiana 46204
Phone: (317) 232-4699
Fax: (317) 233-2977

To send email, please visit http://www.in.gov/nrc/2386.htm.

Members of the Natural Resources Commission:

Bryan Poynter, Chair - Citizen Member
Jane Ann Stautz, Vice Chair - Citizen Member
Robert Carter, Jr., Secretary - DNR Director
Brian Blackford, Director - Indiana Office of Tourism Development
Michael Reed, INDOT Commissioner - Mark Ahearn (Proxy)
Thomas Easterly, IDEM Commissioner - MaryAnn Habeeb (Proxy)
Patrick Early, Chair - Natural Resources Advisory Council
Donald G. Ruch, Appointee - Indiana Academy of Sciences
Phil French, Citizen Member
Doug Grant, Citizen Member
Lawrence Klein, Citizen Member
Robert Wright, Citizen Member

nu dawg

Post by nu dawg »

you can count on me to make as many contacts as possible.just keep the info coming and the e mail addresses and phone numbers and i will follow thur. THANK YOU "nu dawg"

Budd

Post by Budd »

I submitted some emails. Good luck fellas.
(previous Indiana resident)
......Budd.........

nu dawg

Post by nu dawg »

Today can be the day we may protect our sport and enjoyment of our hounds.Make that call or email to the Governor and the IDNR and ask them to PLEASE listen to our side of this issue.What we get done now may save our sport ,not only for ourselves,but future generations.Don't SET on your hands now and CRY in your beer later.Lets get off our LAZY DONKEYS now and try to help ourselves, PLEASE JOIN THE INDIANA BEAGLE ALLIANCE now.They are working for us. "nu dawg"

DBFUZZ

Post by DBFUZZ »

any and all help would be great!!!
PLEASE JOIN THE INDIANA BEAGLE ALLIANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think it is only $10 a year
you can call DON LECOUNT FOR MORE INFO
Jack and Don are doing a great job at keeping on top of this thanks and keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!
With out them we would not be running beagles year round
A BIG THANKS FRON DT BARTON BEAGLES
Dan Barton
FC GD CRYSTAL KID CHECKERS
HBCH DT BARTON'S DEMON TRAILS
GRHBCH HALFWAY FRENCHMANS BARBIE
Prc DT BARTON'S SUPER FLYING CHUBBY
http://WWW.DTBARTONSBEAGLES.COM

warddog

Post by warddog »

I've voiced my concerns with Governor Danial's office as well. I hope the IDNR don't allow themselves to be pawns for the anti groups.