Feeding Chicken Eggs ???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jmdown

Re: Feeding Chicken Eggs ???

Post by jmdown »

tim, your dog just won the state hunt ,ARHA in michigan ,in the champuions, i watched him in two casts. he won!! dog looked healthy, well kept, handled, good ckeck work.( very good check work) healthy..what you are feeding, is substantional for this dog.,.dog looks good!!! in my opinion, ( not an expert) but your program is in tune with your dogs.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

mcardery2k,

Does it suprise you that Purina would publish such an article.

When dog food companies stop putting byproducts like bird feathers, intestines, grain waste, etc then Ill start listening to what they have to say. Until then, Ill go with RAW and take my chances that too much human grade meat, eggs, and pultry wont kill them. ;)

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Eva's Beagles

Post by Eva's Beagles »

Bunnyblaster, yes they are the same. They work great for putting on weight. I went to the beagle health section and btt'ed it.
Brian
Eva's Beagles

mcardery2k

Post by mcardery2k »

There are thousands of these articles and for me I just don't want to take the chance.

http://lacetoleather.com/fataltodogs.html
Mark Carder
skyviewsbeagles.com

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Thanks Brian......I just found it this morning. I tried looking yesterday and my D@M$ computer locked up so I tried again this morning.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

That article actually made it sound like eggs are good for your dog... Oh wait the are, if you are that concerned about salmanilla just cook them. They are healthy and a goog source of protien for people that cook them, and I have never heard of a dog getting sick from eggs but I guess it could happen. Hell, feed your dog whatever you like but in all honesty you could probably find an article out there that said dogs should be vegitarians and hunting with beagles is bad... Thats right we have all seen those.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

TC

Post by TC »

Been Feeding ours RAW eggs for years!!!!!!
Got a few that are 8 years old and have had raw eggs Shell and All since they were old enough to Eat!!!!!
Aint Killed em Yet!!!!!!!
Ours LOVE Raw Eggs......They like em Cooked to, but seem to Prefer em Raw..
Nice shiny Coats.....
NO Skin Problems at all!!!!!!!
We also use Fish oil had Someone tell us one time that that Will kill em Also.
Too Each their Own.......
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

There are thousands of these articles and for me I just don't want to take the chance.
To me the big gamblers are those feeding dog food. Look how many have died recently from all the mishaps with dog food. Dog food is much lower quality, its just baked at extremely high temps to kill everything, including the nutrition. I agree there is an article to prove everything is bad for you or your dogs. The truth is, everything is bad for you when taken to the extreme.

What has the world come to when 'natural foods(eggs, meat) are now bad for you, but the highly processed foods(dog food) are safer' :?: :?:

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

klrconcrete

Post by klrconcrete »

I would like to find any info on a dog coming down with or dying from Salmonella. Dogs are not effected by Salmonella. I have fed raw meats, bones, vegetables, and the like in some amounts for many years before going strictly raw and have yet to have a dog have any kind of issue that was related to a bone, or a bug! I would expect to read nothing but negative info on a raw diet on any site that is sponsored by a dog food manufacturer-especially Purina, have you ever read the ingredients label on a bag of any of their feeds? Looks like a box of Corn flakes.
Not afraid to think outside the box or walk outside the crowd.

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

klrconcrete wrote:I would like to find any info on a dog coming down with or dying from Salmonella. Dogs are not effected by Salmonella. I have fed raw meats, bones, vegetables, and the like in some amounts for many years before going strictly raw and have yet to have a dog have any kind of issue that was related to a bone, or a bug! I would expect to read nothing but negative info on a raw diet on any site that is sponsored by a dog food manufacturer-especially Purina, have you ever read the ingredients label on a bag of any of their feeds? Looks like a box of Corn flakes.
I am w/ya on this one, dog food corp will say its bad, hell when i was young we never fed anything but table scraps.Never wormed dogs never seen a sick hound. Funny how times have changed. I will feed eggs and greens till it is proven bad,any takers?
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Where do you guys find the fish oil and powdered fish to buy??
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

klrconcrete

Post by klrconcrete »

I buy the fish oil gel caps from a local pharmacy, they are a 1200 mg capsule its about 6-7 bucks for a hundred, this last me in the area of 2-2.5 months with they way I feed it. The powdered fish is hard to get at times, I buy from a wholesaler it comes in 50 pound bags, he buys a ton at a time and it costs me .85--90 cents a pound when I buy 10-15 pounds. This amount will last me basically an entire year feeding 3-4 beagles and two Bichon's.
Not afraid to think outside the box or walk outside the crowd.

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

I feed mine eggs from time to time. After seeing what my dogs pick up to eat in the yard or the field, I doubt chicken eggs are going to hurt them. :puke:
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

Hood Swamp

Post by Hood Swamp »

I'm not buying all the purina jive either. We keep chickens directly behind the dog pen, under the same roof. The only seperation is chainlink with chicken wire. They get eggs on a regular basis.

Good for mama when she's with pups. Will help with hair loss.

Eggs put weight on the dogs with ease.
Run em hard and make no excuses!

marr24

Post by marr24 »

Our dogs have been getting at least an egg a day for years. Great way to supplement their feed and we have plenty of extra eggs. Not only is it good for them but they LOVE it! Our chickens free range and intermingle with the dogs and we have never had health issues with any of them. I was always of the understanding that salmonella poisoning was uniquely a human problem, dogs (so I have read) have a much stronger stomach allowing them to safely digest raw meat and eggs. Fresh eggs straight from the nesting box are about as natural of a food as it gets, I will keep feeding them.