video...4-3-10

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Blubeagle

video...4-3-10

Post by Blubeagle »

i thought you all might enjoy some video i took yesterday of my pups!!!...let me know what you think!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf1Fjef-IZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJsQsX5HOpw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAlkqNcYbwg

Blubeagle

Re: video...4-3-10

Post by Blubeagle »

anybody???...opinions??

Hood Swamp

Post by Hood Swamp »

They looked good running!
Run em hard and make no excuses!

Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

they look young but are doing you a fine job.
what bloodline are they?
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Blubeagle

Post by Blubeagle »

how about this...if you want to know what blood line this is...come run with me and i will tell you!!!...LOL...i can promise you this!!!....YOU WANT SOME OF THIS!!!!...the oldest pup in these videos was born march 30th of 09...and the male is only 11 months old!!!!...(male blue tick)...these are some real good pups!!!...as you can see!!!...they have only been run without the older dogs...2 times!!!...MAKING THEM DO IT ON THEIR OWN!!!!

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

IMO, 2 of those dogs needed pulled from the pack. Looked like 1 dog was doing a great job, one was helping, 2 were causing trouble. Sharp mouth dog would likely drive pretty good without help. Not there to see in person, but thats what it looked like......

Thanks for sharing your video!

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

mybeagles wrote:IMO, 2 of those dogs needed pulled from the pack. Looked like 1 dog was doing a great job, one was helping, 2 were causing trouble. Sharp mouth dog would likely drive pretty good without help. Not there to see in person, but thats what it looked like......

Thanks for sharing your video!

Mybeagles

I agree, there were a few losses in those videos and I believe picking up two of those younger dogs would have made a better chase. But they are young, so keep working with them. I'd put a crap load of solo time into those pups. They would be a lot better in a pack of older hounds if you put solo time into them.... Just my .02 cents.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

They looked pretty good for pups a year and under and we don't know how the scenting conditions were that day either where you were. I could tell that one bluetick pup wasn't started yet (in and out) and in every pack young or old you are going to find some dogs that out work the others. Just keep feeding them rabbit tracks and they will be ok. I have a 10 month old grand-daughter to Heli-Prop that leads our pack 85% of the time if not more but that doesn't mean I will pull the others from the pack. Just my .02 worth.

les 09

Post by les 09 »

they are young and still learning but eventually they need to be braced with a older slower dog to get there confidence up,just like kyhunter said keep feeding them babies rabbit tracks and you'll see witch ones needs the most help...and thanks for sharing the videos for us to see keep us updated on there progress.

les

SouthernBluetickBoy

Post by SouthernBluetickBoy »

Look at the blue dog go goin deep for the meat bluetick style nice lookin pups
Runnin Blue Workin True

Newt

Post by Newt »

I appreciate you showing your videos. The dogs did fine. As I watched I wondered what would happen if you picked up the two most aggressive pups and left the other two down. At least you knew they were running a live cottontail and not running night tracks and they did circle the rabbit. Hope you continue to show your videos. Maybe you can get some shots of yours and Will's dogs when you guys run.

oakhill

Post by oakhill »

:biggrin:
OAK HILL BLUETICK BEAGLES

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

are these your pups from rebel/yankee you were talking about on the other board?

Blubeagle

Post by Blubeagle »

ok guys...i havent been able to get on here for a few days!!!...let me say this...1 of the hounds in the video is a 3 month old pup!!!...not started yet...but will go with the others some!!!...this was the first time i ever hunted the blue tick!!!...he is 11 months old!!!!...and doing great!!!...the 2 tri colored dogs...i raised the litter...they were born on 3-30-09...they have only been run without a older dog 2 times...so i put the 3 young dogs together to see how they would do!!!...and i think they all done great!!!...and they will do better each time out!!!...as for the 3 month old pup...she will sight chase a rabbit...and when she looses sight of it...she puts her nose down and searches for the line...and when she gets it...she will bark a little bit until she jumps it again!!!...so i dont know what you all expect out of a 1 year old hound...but i think they are doing great!!!...i hardly ever solo a dog...i dont have that much running time!!!...i think any one of them could hold their own with any dog of their age!!!...THEY WILL ONLY GET BETTER WITH TIME!!!!!
and as far as the bloodline goes...all i can say is that they are NOT...Oakhill...LOL

oakhill

Post by oakhill »

:approve: Good answer!! ;)
OAK HILL BLUETICK BEAGLES