So is the Ivomec everyone is using?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

SouthernBeagles

Re: So is the Ivomec everyone is using?

Post by SouthernBeagles »

I inject under the skin. Both ways work.
Don't squat with your spurs on!

island ridge hounds

Post by island ridge hounds »

i've use ivomec and know others that use nothing else. except they give'em nomo for tapes. i've been using safeguard for a few years now and really like how the hounds do on it. i also give them equimax especially this time of year for heartworms. the equimax has ivomec and praziquintel which takes care of just about every worm a dog can get. at least i have great success with it.
let honesty run through the veins of each and every judge at each and every trial at each and
every format.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Thanks everyone. I was just wanting to see how many poeople use that Ivomec. Great to hear that others use it without any problems.

I plan on shooting it down their throat. I take it, it don't taste so good huh?
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

I haven't tried it...lol but I think it has a bitter taste to the dogs and I just fill the rest of the syringe with pop or kool-aid like some others said and they seem to like that
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

Farmerwells

Post by Farmerwells »

The easiest way is to squirt it right on their dry dog food, they eat it right up and the food covers up the bad taste a little also
Country Boy Kennels
Don and Ethan Wells
317-223-1618

jar242

Post by jar242 »

I just stick it on a piece of bread, easiest way I found to administer and they get it all.

zander

Post by zander »

TC had a product called Iver-On, a pour on. Called for 1ml per 22lbs. Absorbs through the skin. Seens that would be much easier than injecting or trying to feed. Anyone familiar with this?

BIG ORDEAL

Post by BIG ORDEAL »

Joeyman wrote:I just wanted to see how many poeple here use this Ivomec. my vet told me to use it and he showed me what line to draw it up at. This is for my adult dogs. For heartworm prevention. I buy the wormer pill from chip off this board. I give one pill per dog every 3 months. its works well for me.

i want to use this ivomec starting Now till winter hits then stop. Then start back up in the spring time again.

My youngest dog is my trails pup he'll be 6 months old April 16th. he is a big male too. I think it would be ok to give it to him.

My vet also said if I wanted to just treat for heartworm only then 1/10th CC should do the trick but if i wanted to treat Heartworms and a few other worms to give the full amount by wieghing the dog and figure out how much to give. Thats what he told me.
I would go with that.I have been using it for years and never had a problem and still have a 11 year old hound that has been on it all his life.I just use during the skeeter months.

LaMarr Rhoades

Post by LaMarr Rhoades »

it also works for ear mites just put a few drops in there ears and rub it in real good
good dogs run on good days,great dogs run when u take them out

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

it also works for ear mites just put a few drops in there ears and rub it in real good
My vet gave me a formula of 1 part ivomec to 10 parts water (couple drops in each ear over two weeks) for the ear mites.
Also suggested I don't heart worm the same month I treat for ear mites as not to over do the dose.

Bunny- I had written you a reply to your PM but the darn thing timed out on me. To answer your question: Too much medicine in it....too many accidental OD's. May be sensitive dogs or could be the way it is mixed in the factory? I don't know?? Just not as safe as what I do IMO. Would rather do what I do and know its safe and know it works, than save a dollar and kill a dog on accident. JMO Not knocking your method, just the reason for mine.
Don't squat with your spurs on!

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Thanks SB, that's why I asked.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

Joeyman go to http://www.beaglersunlimited.com and it will tell you and show you every thing you need to know I use ivomec for heart worms once a mouth safeguard every other month 3 days in aroll it will tell you how to use it were to get it ,I get safeguard through Lamberds a vet supplyer they are on the site to I get a big bottle for $110 and had it for 2 years still have Ivomec ,after opening keep it in the freg,I gave my Ranger Dan Litter Safeguard at 4 mths and the mother at the same time look like spagetti under the up pen ,cleaned them up and burn or clorix with water and then under the pen to theres alot to read on there about worms and how humans can get them,another thing I will share with you on TV called parasite shows a man who had round worms from being barefoot and had them for years they treated him with Ivomec to kill them ,a freind in Michigan who bought 2 female pups off me said he had a female he bought and she had red manges and the vet give her 6 cc aday for 3 months and shes doing great
Last edited by sbadger on Sun May 02, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

so you are suppose to refrigerate after you open it?
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

CPC

Post by CPC »

i do
CPC

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

Yes that site I showed you will show and tell all and You know how your dog get there ears all tour up old coon hunter told me he has put brake fluid on the for year and kills the ear mites ,I tryed it hes right it makes the hair come back and make them snow white and soft ,as far as the mote I just take a O-tip and clean there ears with it if you get on http://www.oldcountryvet.com he will tell you the same things
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10