GRHBCH RABBIT RIDGE BIG TUNA PUP PICS!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

eddywilliams

Re: GRHBCH RABBIT RIDGE BIG TUNA PUP PICS!

Post by eddywilliams »

:shock: :shock: I like it Johnny :cool:
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
IFC BEAVER CREEKS KICK AZ
FCGD THOMPSONS TRY MY PATIENCE
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE ONE TUFF AZ KICKER
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS
http://rabbitridgekennels.webs.com/

Brian Westra

Post by Brian Westra »

What kind of speed and control is Tuna throwing? Can these pups run in tough conditions?

Have you ever bred Tuna to a Ranger Dan bred female?

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

80 degrees, not an ounce of dew when I started and my young Tuna female is circling rabbits about as big as baseball. She has speed in the 7-8 range, super honest mouth, and a lot of brains. She jumped three little rabbits and they were not in the paths and you know the have to look hard to find those little suckers. When she was younger she squealed a little too much for me and did not come out with her mouth as much as I like. She is now squalling and chopping and letting it out real well. She is making a real solid hound and has very nice control on the line. Also, this is very nice, she is naturally straight. Not an off bark yet, on junk, that I know off. Her pic is in the post when my buddy Roger Ooten had her before I bought her back. I am very satisfied with her and plan on breeding her in the future. Hope this helps with some information. She is a littermate to Dakota who is also nice as his champion degree shows that and they won't be 2 until Sept. 11th.

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Thanks Jim keep her this time she will be HELL ON WHEELS AFTER THE GUN SEASON BUT SOLO HER SOME OLE BUDDY :shock: Brian ,Tuna is throwing hounds with hard hunt ,NATURLLY STRAIGHT and I have plenty of references of fellas that own his offspring that can tell you the same ,no problems with trash maybe a sight bark or so but not a whole lot of trouble .His offspring have good line control for the most part they arent the swarping type but THE CONTROLLED RAGE TYPE .The Dakota dog and The Futz dog can roll with it and control it while they lead the pack ,my ole buddy down in Ashland Kentucky should be turning his Tuna male loose in the trials this fall hes gonna be a dandy aint he NATE !Brian I bought back a female half interest from a buddy that is a lil older than Jims female she had not had hardly any ground time for a year and basically needed a refresher she has come back quick with hard hard hunt she needs a lil more solo time but she is coming along great .I really like everything he has thrown ,Tuna sired another male from a different female that recieved his UKC HUNTING BEAGLE CHAMPION TITLE also and was qualified for the Ukc world hunt but he got loose one day and hasnt been seen since ,this hound had exteme hunt and a 9 on foot he would get a lil wild if in the right crowd but most of the time he had the front and the rest were playing follow the leader .Hope this helps some call or pm me if you need any more info ,thanks .Also feel free to ask me for references that own A TUNA PUP and get their take on it .Also he is throwing the nose power with HONEST MOUTH .Brian I will be breeding Tuna to a female directly out of his sire Eyer's Geno soon as she comes in I cant wait .
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS

Brian Westra

Post by Brian Westra »

Thanks for the replies. eddie I sent you a pm.

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Thanks for your interest Brian .
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS

madcatter

Post by madcatter »

brian--i can only tell ya about my tuna pup.pa-john can also share his opinion,he runs with him alot.
was easy to start,about 12 weeeks old--we had snow on the ground and he was able to keep progressing as a very young pup with training.eager to sight chase a bunny,ran a little tight mouthed for about 1 year old,maybe a little longer,now its no problem.
can/will hunt his own rabbit,jumps his fair share,always willing to hark into another dogs find.
has never ran trash,but soon will probably run some pheasants cause my other dogs seem to do it well(haha)
when his first hunting season started,not gunshy,easy to handle,when we went hare hunting the conditions were really bad,he really didnt help much--he did have a few spots where he gave tongue,but all three of my dogs were useless in that week.temps around 10-15 with 20-40mph winds.only 1 dog of the 6 or so we had could run.this winter he had no problems on snow.
here are his faults as i see them,,,,,very eager to drive a line,his control isnt to bad,but his desire to get up front makes him goofy when he starts to run,after the runs started he isnt as crazy,but every run thats started he is like a tornado--haha
he will stop hunting(he hunts well)when he sees another dog acting as if it gonna open up and he will run over to them.it may be nice for trails but i personally dont like it.you will not find him stand at your feet or on a path.very honest mouth
i run my dogs pretty often and he seems to break down and apart after a few days of running alot,limps around,tired,worn out.it may be that he has hunted his heart out or he just lacks stamania,but he has never broke down while out hunting.
his first ukc trail-he placed third.his akc trails he hasnt gotten picked up yet,but also hasnt been used in a winners pack.
all in all i would like another if i was looking for another dog.
alot of his qualities are in breeding,and i am sure his faults could be from my training when he was young till even present day-i am a hunter and he has had alot of bunnies killed in front of him for only haveing one season under him.
heres a clip of where they got a bunny jumped,you will see a dog flying off to the left,then pull his head up and dash to the lead dog,he turns it and just drive away with it.his control after a couple minutes in a run improves alot,but in the beginning he really wants the bunny dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIdep-z18Ck

i posted these before--he has the blue collar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSWj0ktVA1I
in this video he is the first dog out at the 23 second mark.you will se his eagerness haha.
lead dog at34 second mark
leading at 2:12----again at 2:59 and maintains it across with miniman bumping haha
not as clean at 3:40 mark-but not to bad
way off at 4:37,but bolts right at it when he swings---looks bad here,but then at 5:12 bunny,he turns it on the fly.

i would like to run with some other tuna pups to see their running style,mine is ballz2waalz every time out.

Gabby's Beagles

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

I can sure pick Futz out! Sounds just like his littermate Pete ! There style is ALOT alike. Mine also hunts pretty good. Doesn't tear up the briars like I would like him to but doesn't stand at my feet either.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I have the males littermate sister as described above. She is a real nice hound. I have been soloing her as of late and she is doing great. She is a solid 7 on speed, and can run up with faster hounds with no problem. She has real nice hunt and has jumped 6 of the 8 rabbits she has ran last two times out and they are not on the paths, she is going looking for them. She does not have that wild edge to her she is very thorough in making sure she has a track going right and then she give real good mouth according to the scenting conditions. When they are good she has really nice squall and chop, when tougher she will shorten it up and squeak and squeal some. She is making a top hound in all areas and I have plans to using her in my breeding program later on. She has also been naturally straight. She is overall a nice young hound and I will show her to anyone who would like to see her go. She runs a nice line and can keep a rabbit going real well by herself. She needs no help to circle one. She is the one hound I have that you really have a hard time finding anything she does wrong. That is one of the main reasons I like her. Hope this helps.

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

Gabby ,doesnt tear up the briars >?The last time i saw Pete run that is exactly what he done ?????? Nice clip CATT .
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS

Gabby's Beagles

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

LOL! Eddy He was just trying to show his papa how to do it ! :D

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

The ole boy is almost 7 he aint dead yet though lol :shock:
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS

Brian Westra

Post by Brian Westra »

Thanks for the replies and video clips. I wished I live a little closer so I could watch some of your dogs go. Maybe I'll have to make a road trips this winter. :D

eddywilliams

Post by eddywilliams »

-UPDATE- the lil male pup out of Tuna on the 5th post standing sideways that Jerry Kelly and I own together started opening and using his nose his 1st time in the starting pen ,and after circling it twice he ran it down and killed it :shock: This lil male is littermate to Rabbit Ridge Rachel and the blaze pup .Guys come add a lil of this Tuna to your blood line I honestly think you will be very pleased .This male pup is only 3.5 mos old
RABBIT RIDGE KENNELS :
HOME OF:
OUTBACK MATILDA
RABBIT RIDGE PARIS

madcatter

Post by madcatter »

here is futz--blue collar.i never saw this rabbit,took him a while to figure it out and open,the run lasted only 7 minutes-dry and just bad conditions,but this is how he usually acts when there is a scent around,he will not open till he has it,at least for now.
will be 2 on september