Tritronics What Now ???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hippy

Tritronics What Now ???

Post by Hippy »

Just got back in from testing the collars and AM VERY DISAPPOINTED. :mad: I purchased this set used here on the board and was told that they were operating properly WELL that is not the case. It is raining, more of a drizzle, here and by a completely clear line of sight have less than 200 YARDS RANGE :( :( . I had them fully charged and used two different collars.

Has anyone had a similar experience and what can I expect to pay to fix the problem???? :bash: :bash

Thanx,
Jim :check:
"Today is the 1st DAY,of the rest of your Life"

Bobby Vest

Re: Tritronics What Now ???

Post by Bobby Vest »

I'm not sure but you may be able to replace the batteries and solve the problem. You can order them from Tri Tronics.

beaglecrazy-scott

Post by beaglecrazy-scott »

i just sent my g2 - 3 collar system in to be serviced. it to had about 100-200 yard range, supposed to be 1mile . it is costing me $200, but they will test them and fix whatever the issue is. plu they put all new batteies in all collars and transmitter, plus it cost me $17 to ship to Arizona by ups ground....good luck...scott

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

Hi HIPPY, I was just wondering who you are, I am also from western maryland, I live in westernport give me a call sometime or just stop by.

Steve Preston

Post by Steve Preston »

How about a refund ? :bash:
I don't know shizz about dogs.

vwc1950van

Post by vwc1950van »

I have a tritronix 'flyway special xls', and (maybe it's because it's an older version) I do have the range that they claim (approx. 1-mi with straight line of sight). When under questionable situations (heavy brush and denser woods) it drops to approx 3-400 yds). I'm not sure if it's my model or what. Just a thought regarding tritronix claims for my unit. vc

Richard

Post by Richard »

Hippy wrote:Just got back in from testing the collars and AM VERY DISAPPOINTED. :mad: I purchased this set used here on the board and was told that they were operating properly WELL that is not the case. It is raining, more of a drizzle, here and by a completely clear line of sight have less than 200 YARDS RANGE :( :( . I had them fully charged and used two different collars.

Has anyone had a similar experience and what can I expect to pay to fix the problem???? :bash: :bash

Thanx,
Jim :check:
Maybe you did not have them charged? Also, the collar has to be snug on the neck of the dog to work.
Arkansas Oak Hill Kennels

Hippy

Post by Hippy »

I contacted the Seller and this is his reply:

JIM WHEN I SENT YOU THOSE COLLARS THEY WAS ALL WORKING AND WAS NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THEM, I AINT NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE SYSTEM :loser:

So as you can see I AM SOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The collars were all charged and on properly I have a 2 dog system and they work just fine.
If anyone is interested in the NAME OF THE PERSON who sold me this USELESS unit PM me and I will glad to identify them for you and save you from the same faith of dealing with him. :moon: As he has other items on this board for sale. :bash:
Thanx for all the replies.

Jim
"Today is the 1st DAY,of the rest of your Life"

da ridgetop

Post by da ridgetop »

May just be a battery issue i had a older multiy sport set a while back that didn't have very good range they were only 1/2 mile anyway ordered new batteries fron tritronics rep told me how to install over the phone and it corrected my problem i know you have had bad luck but my opinion tritronics is topnotch good luck
Donald
Take a ride on the SHORTBUS

billi

Post by billi »

I have made several post about this issue only cause it bit me also. I keep telling people they need to test at the yardage they assume they have prior to unit going out of warranty. Mine worked well close in but the first time they or 100 yds as example nothing was there. Mine was out of warranty...about 50 60 dollars send in old one they send new one with instructions on how to marry new one. At my age i couldnt do what im doing without them.

mtnwaykennel

Post by mtnwaykennel »

Last set I had problems out of it ended up bein' both the batteries and the antenna. Just a thought...

Bill Woods
276-698-0775. Holla at me!
We still doin' it the MtnWay!