Dog Bleeding Out

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BG BEAGLER

Re: Dog Bleeding Out

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Havin a problem administering the meds...Dog bit me twice and refuses to turn his back on me...called vet he suggested I leave dog alone til I come home from work...says he plays classical music in his vet office after hours to help dogs relax...also said to pick up some sort of jelly that's made right here in KY apparently...doesn't make sense I thought dogs meds were given analy Y would I need jelly???...oh well if anyone can help me out with this please do I'm a little lost...I think I may just need to change vets
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

Norshore

Post by Norshore »

Wine & Candle Light may help.It'll be dark enough he wont see ya coming and he will be to tippy to get away.

Keith C.

Post by Keith C. »

We are a lot closer to June 1 st than April 1st.
Keith

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Got home and got meds properly inserted...What a job!!!I told a buddy bout the whole thing and he has insisted that I bring dog to his house and let him handle the meds...What a nice guy huh??

Thanks Blair

Ur the best!!!
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Matt, I don't care to help a brother out, but you only told half of the story..........

Matt told me how he got the dog medicated. He held the dog with both hands by the collar, and had WFO-Kevin W. put the pill in a straw and insert the straw anally and blow in the medicine, after a couple tries Kevin finally got it. Matt said he was a little red in the face from all the blowin but Ol Switch a Bear is finally actin right. :check:

So MATT, I am willing to help a friend out, but my FRIEND, count me out............ :lol:
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

for some strange reason I have a feeling peanut butter was involved. Blair fess up now :biggrin: :shock: :shock:
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

first thing to do is find another vet then get some of your friends to put a band on it about 2 in. down you can kepp running him with the band on it will just fall off by itself ya might consider taking the prozac for yourself anally or orally just take it n quit worrying about nothing i have had them raw almost 2 or 3 in down with no hair at all looks like a possoms tail had a old female she would set down n chew on hers but kept right on running i was running in some thick briars once dogs jumped a rabbit i shot it one of my males went down to one of my buddys i seen him holding the dog i told him to turn him loose he said hell no ya done shot the rabbit and the dog he was bleeding from his ears n tail n he thought i had shot the dog jb jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

cpuckett

Post by cpuckett »

im with jimmie on this one matt,dock the tail,forget the meds
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

Tim L

Post by Tim L »

darn
Last edited by Tim L on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Lamie
Co owner of mtn way kennels
Runnin' the Mtn Way
mtnwaykennel@hotmail.com

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Just got through runnin dog...did the best I've ever seen him do...I really feel that the anal prozac is really benefiting his performance...I'm thinkin bout puttin all our dogs on prozac...If anybody wants this vets number ill forward it to u...He's a good friend of mine and obviously one hell of a vet
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

J.C. Blair

Post by J.C. Blair »

Joeyman wrote:for some strange reason I have a feeling peanut butter was involved. Blair fess up now :biggrin: :shock: :shock:
I don't have anything to fess up about Super-Beagler......but I do have a feeling you use peanut butter in some of your beagling home remedies.

For those of you wondering about Switch, Matt is gonna be on his way to my house tomorrow, we are going to surgically remove about 4 inches of his tail. He should be good to run in a couple weeks. Matt, I got all the equipment sterilized and out of the autoclave. Matt, I guess thats the perks of having a vet asst. for a friend huh?? :D
EAST RIDGE KENNEL
2010 Natl CH LPGRCH East Ridge Black Phantom
East Ridge The Dark Side
Weedeater Foxy
East Ridge Allie Gator
East Ridge Tomahawk

sicososbe

Post by sicososbe »

Hope I dont start bleeding around the W.F.O. Fellers. :moon:

cpuckett

Post by cpuckett »

matt i already got john meridiths phone # i will call him and get my own perscription,thanks
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

beaglerof4

Post by beaglerof4 »

LMAO i couldnt believe what i was reading when i read that your vet put your dog on meds for bleeding. Band that tail if your dog is like mine it will never pay any attention to the band. I banded my one females tail about 3 weeks ago and it finally fell off today while we were out running. She never paid any attention to it the whole time and you dont have to lay them up at all i ran mine the whole time. There shouldnt be any issues due to no blood going to the tip of the tail. Dont worry and be patient the tail will fall off and your dog will feel and look much better while hunting.

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

Did this vet pull bloodwork and check this dog out for a tick bourn infection?? I had a female with Ehrlicia a few years back that bled real bad. Doxiclycline straightened her out.
Don't squat with your spurs on!