Garmin Question

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jason

Garmin Question

Post by jason »

Any of you guys running the dc30 ever had a collar quit taking a charge?

I have owned it for a year and a half i have 2 collars so i know it isn't in the cord.
I have e-mailed garmins web site but i thought maybe it was a common issue.
Maybe it has seen too many rough miles already. i pulled the back off it and it looks clean and dry inside.
Oh well first problem with it and its saved my behind numerous times it owes me nothing.

Jason

DIXIEDOG

Re: Garmin Question

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Yes and no, I had a charging problem but as soon as I cleaned the contacts it accepted a charge well. :dance:

vwc1950van

Post by vwc1950van »

Did it just stop taking a charge or is the garmin not recognizing the dog that has that collar on?

A few days ago, I couldn't make the garmin recognize the collar on him.
I recharged it and it still didn't work. When I hooked up the charger on the collar again the next day, it indicated that it was being charged.
Out of frustration and concern that something was wrong with either the unit or the collar, I called (phone) tech support. After I explained the situation that It refused to recognize the collar, this is what he told me to do (I hope that you can follow my notes):

RESET
[01]: press 'dog'

[02]: press 'menu'

[03]: press 'dog list'

[04]: highlight 'dog' and enter

[05]: press 'remove' (the dog who's collar isn't being recognized)

[06]: 'dog' add new (follow instructions,ie; touch 220 to dc30 antenna

I hope that that is where your problem is centered.

Anyone else out there that had a similar experience, I hope the steps might help.

jason

Post by jason »

Thanks guys i figured it out

The collar i was having problems with is my original one which is older and they have since changed a couple things.
The contact points on my old collar are small and circular and my newer ones are oval shaped (guess this problem has cropped up before)
the prongs on the chargers would not make contact with the small circular contact points on the collar any more so i just bent the prongs back and down a little on one of my chargers and problem solved.
with all this complicated technology you always assume the worst in reality it was rather simple.

vwc1950van,
i have had that problem before also actually several times and had to do the same thing. I wonder what causes that, Garmin didn't tell you what was the cause did they?
Again Thanks for the help!!

Jason