All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down or are......

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

WILL LEFEVERS

All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down or are......

Post by WILL LEFEVERS »

chasing woman, fishing and politics,changing diapers,changed locations {incarcarated 3-5}, working 8 days a work, hungover or passed. Just sitting around , kinda bored and been thinking about all the guys I use to run with or enjoyed talking dogs with that I am not around much anymore. Seems we dont have the time anymore due to different circumstances and committments to get together and run dogs , brag a little, tell lies and laugh,or get mad and cuss. Anymore in todays world , seems everything goes to fast, and everybodys got an agenda. Some of the old timers and beginners I used to run with would give u the shirt off their back if needed. I remember going several times with a guy that if I drove he bought us a box of chicken. As you get a little older and remember these times its kinda scary how things have changed. Just reminiscing a little , anybody else ever think about how times have changed or miss your buddies you use to run with?

P.S. Where'd you go Longhorn,Clyde, Eddio, Pine Mt., Mex, Penguin , Lester, and Slickrock? Guess Merle spoke the truth when he said the GOOD TIMES ARE OVER FOR GOOD.

cpuckett

Re: All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down or are......

Post by cpuckett »

nice post WILL you are right when you thank back to 8 or 10 years ago to how things were then alot has changed,i got friends from back then that i used to fish frog gig run dogs till 5 or 6 am drunk off our butts,go to bed then do the same thing the next day ,but now i have kids and a wife and it's hard to even keep dogs in shape with them and work ,much less do any of the other stuff, GOOD LUCK BUDDY
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

uareed

Post by uareed »

I been around the beagle industry since 1981 , meet alot of people that have come and gone, probaly over a thousand it seems. They are a few I really miss. Understand where you are coming from.
Let em run

Gunslinger Beagles

Post by Gunslinger Beagles »

Most of the guys i used to go with has left this walk of life but they will live on until the Lord takes me. It seems only like yesterday they was here. I think that is why the Bible says life is like a vapor or a mist. Compare that to the sun burning off the fog. The fog (vapor/mist) will leave quicker than we think. Life is uncertain and unsure but we must enjoy each moment and the people around us and except Christ as our Saviour. We will reflect on the past and I think its great to remember but today is a new day and adventure. We may not have the same folks to enjoy time with but the time we have we can enjoy with the ones we love and enjoy being with. Everyones fog(vapor/mist) will burn off at some point, so go make time to enjoy it while it last.

Fleetwood

Post by Fleetwood »

Nice post Gunslinger. Thanks.

Rick G

Post by Rick G »

It is sad when we look back to see no one behind us, as one day we too will be looked for by another, but not to be found.

"Soon again you will sit alone and listen to the beagles cry...it is then I will come very near you...only this time in spirit...you will feel my presence...you shall speak to me and I will answer. Goodbye now, we will meet again.
This, my friend is NOT the ending....it is just the beginning of a new life...for Heaven hath spoken."
Willet Randall

Dedicated to all of our past beagling friends who have passed. Godbless them all

Rick

Emma's Beagles

Post by Emma's Beagles »

Rick G wrote:It is sad when we look back to see no one behind us, as one day we too will be looked for by another, but not to be found.

"Soon again you will sit alone and listen to the beagles cry...it is then I will come very near you...only this time in spirit...you will feel my presence...you shall speak to me and I will answer. Goodbye now, we will meet again.
This, my friend is NOT the ending....it is just the beginning of a new life...for Heaven hath spoken."
Willet Randall

Dedicated to all of our past beagling friends who have passed. Godbless them all

Rick

wow!!!