Old timers post

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

uareed

Old timers post

Post by uareed »

Lets start a dicussion on some of the old hounds behind the pedigrees that we have seen run or judged in the past. I have seen Mark 5 snoopy , ace in hole dad, a hound that dominate a pack. Andy clover patches, New city cruiser, Salt water wringle, Branko silvertone bell, Branko helli prop, Indian hills major, Mc crae little pete, Dingus big shot, Wingates bradon, Pacesetter,red maiden, Ace in the hole. And a lot of others to finish after that. They ran with good speed and knew where the check was with little down time. They could walk when needed, adjust to conditions and turn out of the pack and have the rabbit.
Let em run

andrew_kirby

Re: Old timers post

Post by andrew_kirby »

where you from in ohio

TallPaul

Post by TallPaul »

I'd like to hear a little about Andy's Clover Patch. I know who bred him, then he was given to a young boy (?), they kept him on a chain, until he was given to someone else, Finished in 3 straight trials, then Cletus Shaw owned him. Was Cletus the guy that trialed him? Heard he was quite the kennel barker. I talked with Cletus breifly once, he said he was a heck of a hunting hound, would run one to the gun and had a sense of other lines he crossed and returned to start another chase.

What about FC Burton's Dan and any others. That's one benefit of Marshalling trials, you get to see some of the dogs that will be talked about down the road. One such dog is on my to breed to list.
Beagling is not a science, just an opinion!

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

I was talking to a buddy about dogs the other day and started talking about a time when some guys were hunting with Andy's clover patches and he was just dominating the race and then there was a breakdown and he just shut up and quit barking on track and they couldn't figure out what happened to him then the pack came by and Andy was still leading the chase with the the other rabbit in his mouth. I didn't see it but heard it from a good friend who hasn't lied to me yet about dogs.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

river valley

Post by river valley »

I have seen the same thing happen while I was visiting Branko in canada. Branko turned lose about 12 dogs i guess and they were running a hare going on a couple hours it seemed like and one dog split off from the pack and was running his own Hare . So I started watching this dog run a hare by hisself and doing a great job. After about an hour he caught the hare and the other dogs were coming around pretty close so he got in there race carrying the hare. In about 30 min they came by and he was leading the pack careing the hare in his mouth. After about 2 big circles they had about a 20 second check and FC Branko's Real Sport ate the hare and got the check and the race was on again. We ran the dogs about 12 hours with very few and short break downs. Sport didn't have the best mouth out there but he was putting it out even carrying the hare.
Darrell Terry

FCGD Cry Babys Flashing Doll Baby
FCGD Sand Creek Jax
R.I.P. FC Branko's Smart Sammy

Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

Good stuff guys.
uareed , could you tell me more about little pete , big shot and new city cruiser?
thanks
Steve
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

rmingram3

Post by rmingram3 »

So do any of you know my father Bob Ingram??? He had I believe andy's clover patches and dingus Mccrae rocky.. Him and cleatus shaw hunt together all the time.