Good beagle trash talk expressions?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bluemouse

Re: Good beagle trash talk expressions?

Post by bluemouse »

That dog so slow I had to look at him twice just to see if he was moving.

da ridgetop

Post by da ridgetop »

when a rabbit heads out= he's headed for papa's new ground
dogs strokin a rabbit = its hotter a burnt clutch
i bought a dog one time that was supposed to be a good check dog but dogs go into a check he would come out of the race my cousin laughed and said he's a good check dog alright keeps checkin to see if your ready to go home :biggrin:
Donald
Take a ride on the SHORTBUS

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

"He's just blowin' holes in the dirt" a term for traditional brace hounds who bark 10 times at each individual track before moving on to the next one.

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Had a hillbilly friend went to fill out a job application one question was are you a vet he answered i have give a few hounds a shot from time to time but i wouldnt consider myself a vet (True Story) :bozo:

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Slow dogs----peanut rollers,walkie talkies,bawl and crawl,medium speed????
Guy trying to sell a beagle----"he just needs a few more rabbits shot in front of him". " I've never seen him do that before".
Beagle keeps losing it's rabbit----"it must have gone in a hole".
Beagle booing all over the lot while other hounds aren't saying anything----"he's got a really cold nose".
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Came across this while looking something up, got a good laugh out of a couple of them. Any new ones?
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

jeremy rice

Post by jeremy rice »

Was rabbit hunting with my step dad and out of the blue he said next time we run that he was going to put flashing lights on the back of the dogs so that way mine knew which way the rabbit went. Amazing how some people get dilerious when they get old
RICE'S BEAGLES
Jeremy, Amy
Zack,Ashlee Rice

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Attended the BBCHA Spring hunt in 1989 in Ashland, Ohio. Got talking to Dave Dean and he was telling about going on a nite hunt with some well known breeders out of the mid west. Believe he said he had Hammer II. Guess 'ol Hammer II lit the rest of the cast up in corn field race. This one nationally known breeder made the comment "Well now we seen what he done on hot track let's see how he can handle an old cold track!" Dave replied "You just did."

Rainman

Post by Rainman »

While running hare in the U.P and the dogs just screaming, an old friend " Bruce Scott" would lean back and say " Son, this is like setting at heavens gate and listening to Gabriele blow his horn"
Darryl

Running hounds and listening to the orginal country music!

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

I suppose the best one I ever heard, was about my old male, that I call "Ex-lax" Might fine Gun Dog!

Fellow ask why I name him Ex-lax ? Well he can run the Sh--t, out of a Rabbit!!

Good name if you want to Sale your very best..

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :dance:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Got a friend in Vermont that during a long/hard check will often reply " that hare has put the hoopty-do on them".
Another time after a long check/loss a fellow replied "I believe that rabbit sprouted wings".
And my all-time favorite excuse when the race ends"I believe that rabbit holed".LOL.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

One handler to another-" if your dog ran rabbit as much as you run your mouth it would be the greatest that ever lived"

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

I don't know if its trash talk or not but I always got a kick out of it ! when someone told my friend Doug they had a super young dog goin. he would say "ya but whats he gonna look like when the ground freezes !

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I was running my beagles at a bird dog clinic in Kansas. Jim, the host, asked if he could go along. "I've never seen a dog run a rabbit." well Sam opens with a squalling bawl, and Jim says, "If that was my dog, I'd wonder what the hell was wrong with him!"

Larry
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

Hippy

Post by Hippy »

I was looking at a Brace "Reject" a few years bac that was said to be too FAST for Traditional Brace by the seller After about 30 minutes of SLOOOOOOOW WALKING He turned to me and said "Brother Miller I believe U would FREEZE to Death waiting for him to circle"

I usually run 3 dogs Last Saturday they jumped a Rabbit and when they came by me the Rabbit was Running 4th

He definitely did not have time to Lick his Feet

JIm
"Today is the 1st DAY,of the rest of your Life"