Picked more berries

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joeyman

Picked more berries

Post by Joeyman »

Picked these over the weekend. I first gave a big bowl full to the old lady next door. told her to take as many as she wanted. Then we ate a big bunch and the rest I brought into work this morning and shared with whoever wants them. last week i brought in just as many and one of the ladies baked a pie.

this is the pie the lady at my work made with the berries I picked last week. thats a homemade crust too and it tasted awesome. That was one mighty fine pie. Its already all gone everyone swarmed it this morning. I had to fist fight some poeple i barely got this piece and I brought in the berries.......lmao

Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

gunner

Re: Picked more berries

Post by gunner »

Joey that pie looks hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"HONEST HOUND OWNERS MAKE HONEST HOUNDS"
Ben Riggs 270-766-9417

da ridgetop

Post by da ridgetop »

i bet that pie was mighty tasty
Donald
Take a ride on the SHORTBUS

BIG ORDEAL

Post by BIG ORDEAL »

Thats good livin,running hounds and pickn beerries.That cobbler is something else with a fresh scoop of vanilla ice cream side of it.I picked some a couple weeks ago and got my mother to make a cheesecake blackberry cobbler and boy i was good. :lol:

thelegend23

Post by thelegend23 »

joeyman, i think we got off on the wrong foot the other day and those berries look really good, also wanted to know what line of hounds you have matt spencer
spencer boy's kennel home of fwr-lpgrch-ppch-hbch johann sebastian bach

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

lol matt no hard feelings i like running dogs just as much as the next guy. we had 10 on the ground saturday morning. we let em run for 4hrs. was some great and intense running. we just picked berries to pass the time. it was great listening to a nice pack of dogs in the background for music and picking the morning away. we could get one more week of picking in.

all the berries i brought in this morning are claimed. the one lady is brning in homemade blackberry custard of some sort. Either way it sounds good to me. I can't wait to try some.

Matt go to my website pedigree's pics of all the dogs I own including video and hundreds of hunting pictures. you can see it all on my website. I along with my friends just had a litter of junie pups so we kept 4 of them they are still puppies.

Link - http://www.freewebs.com/track-em-down-kennels/index.htm

hounddog

Post by hounddog »

Joeyman, save some of those nice berries for some Jump Mtn Juice. The cobbler and all look good but I bet I can make some wine soooooooooooooo good you'll throw everything else away! :nod: Just freeze them! :P :cool:

hounddog
Jim Umbarger
---------Jump Mountain Kennels-----------
540-292-3000

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

lol those berries held lots of juice. that were very ripe when I picked them. At the bottom of that bowl it was full of juice. guess from the pressure of putting more and more on top. i tried drinking some of it. Last week i drank some and it was very sweet tasted good. saturday i tired again and this time it was sour :ashamed: i couldn't finish it.

thelegend23

Post by thelegend23 »

joeyman you have some well breed dogs , hope those junie pups turn out for you and your dad matt spencer
spencer boy's kennel home of fwr-lpgrch-ppch-hbch johann sebastian bach

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

I used to run hounds and pick berries also but I made wine out of the berries that I picked. The berries are gone at my favorite running grounds but I still take the hounds there as much as possible.

MI-Beagler

Post by MI-Beagler »

Joey, i know that feeling! We have a 40 acre blueberry field next to our house where we run dogs and a ton of blackberry bushes on our property so we have a fridge full of berries also! We use ours for muffins, pies, pancakes, and all sorts of things! -Matt
"Teamwork is the linchpin of a successful rabbit hunting campaign" - Robert L Mason

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

i picked three gallens of black berries out of my starting pen in a week.picked three times. some were almost as big as my thumb. it's been a great year for berries in pa. the elderberries are loaded to. i'm going to make lots of wine with them.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

The wife and the kids all went with me last night to run the dogs and they must have ate 2 quarts of berries while we were out. I'm kinda surprised they're still going so well but they are...........found some really good sized berries.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

brush_hog

Post by brush_hog »

Those berries are awful good Joey. We've been baking pies here too. I am gonna make some wine this week as well. I think I told you before, but you did a great job on that website. I enjoy it every time I visit it. Happy hunting from Pennsyltuckey.

Joe Hankinson