the perfect gay - cross

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

billy boy

the perfect gay - cross

Post by billy boy »

i could use some wisdom on a great cross with the gay hounds, i have gay and matthew dillan mcrae bloodlines i need to make an outcross hopeing some of you boys from tennessee or sorrunding areas can give me some good advice. if anything i'd like to add some more nose and line control any help would be appreciated, thanks

BCBeagles

Re: the perfect gay - cross

Post by BCBeagles »

JMO. Ranger Dan. You won't get any more foot out of some of that line, but they have control and nose power.

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

You could have just answered your own question if you like the dogs you have. All you would have to do is line breed some of your dogs back to other peoples dogs that are Dingus blood. Then take one and line breed it back on the Gay side and you could keep crossing the blood from now on. You should be able to keep similar dogs to what you have or maybe even do a little improving on them.

bill huttozac

Post by bill huttozac »

The perfect cross for any bloodline is a "pipe dream". Very good mateings are made by well read breeders. And, they do not succeed 100 percent of the time. It is a fact of life that no perfect breeding can be made, too many variable. Give your homework your best efforts , make the breeding and hope for the best. We just accept every breeding as a gamble and learn from what we get. You are the only one that can define what you really want in a dog.
Wishing you good luck.

ebag33

Post by ebag33 »

This is easy probably the perfect gay -cross would be Matt Marple and Chad Blair, just think about the possibilities. If you could get a pup with Marples foot and Chads mouth it could be dangerous, on the other hand I dont know what you are going to do as far as brains and looks.
Miskimen Kennels
LPGRCH M & M's Little Mischief
LPGRCH Chester's Little Charmer Andy
LPRCH Branko's Cool Ringo

bill huttozac

Post by bill huttozac »

Like ebag33 said, it is a gamble. :)

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

One thing about it gay hounds do cross good with about anything when i made my outcross i was concerned. For myself the linebred gay hounds i had needed a little more agressiveness and be more athletic I crossed one of my females with a male that run like a gay agressive athletic etc but he was only qter gay the rest was dingus hauntedhill shaker and he was 13 in hound and the whole litter was just what i wanted and every litter since i used a linebred gay female that i used as my measureing dog she run the way i liked them to run but my litters wasnt consistant out of her until i made the outcross I wanted linebred gay hounds and almost got kennel blind just for the gay name jmo

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

I crossed my Dingus female to a male out of Turbo Powered by Turbo and what I got was some high energy dogs with stamina. They all have big noses with big chop mouth. I kept the runt, and he has fantastic hunt, jump, and will run track sometimes with his head up, can still smell the track. He will literally try to dig rabbits out the brush. He has good line control, speed, brains, with all the hunt you want. I did not plan this cross. My female was two years old and wouldn't let any males close to her so I wasn't worried about the Turbo pup in with her. Guess she liked him. Anyways, this was a good cross. Hope this helps.
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Them not intended breeds is always the best sounds like my kind of dog

steelman

Post by steelman »

I crossed a Gay and Dingus male on a bitch that was FC Rob's Diamond II and FC Fnf's Two Toney once and got some good ones, especially a bitch name White's Gay Jordan. She had a great nose and good line control, only problem was a little extra mouth that got worse as she got older. When Jordan was crossed back to a solid linebred Gay male she really produced some good ones and never had a problem with extra mouth. A good portion of my hounds still carry some of Jordan's blood and to date has been one of the only outcrosses i have made.
I would think that there is enough diversity within the Gay and Dingus family that you would not have to go outside the blood line unless you are looking for a particular trait. If you like what you have now I would just recommend line breeding.

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Absolutely if you like what you have linebreeding is the only way to go If not outcross until you get what you want then linebreed from there thats what i did and thats how i got what i got now

tim killian

Post by tim killian »

i have a hard hunting good speed and control he is out of hill's shakerag dot litter mate to matthew dillion and sire is hill's shakerag jerry lee also have another male out of hill's shakerag macrae .