HVAC car Airconditioning ???

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

JUDE

HVAC car Airconditioning ???

Post by JUDE »

I have a 02 Monte Carlo SS that I've been working on the A/C .but can't get it to blow
cold air . The compressor is kicking on and staying on , one line on the top side is
noticeably cooler than the bottom side as it should be . The fan is blowing no problem
and the A/C button is kicking the compressor on . Added two cans of coolant and the
air is cooler than the outside air but still not cold . Any help would be appreciated . If
all else fails I guess it's off to the garage :( .

Thanks ,
Buddy jude

bodidley

Re: HVAC car Airconditioning ???

Post by bodidley »

Did you evacuate the system before charging somtimes it will no get cool for some reason or another unless you do this good luck

Freeman Beagles

Post by Freeman Beagles »

You need to vacuum the air system in order to get the moisture out. Then put the freon in. This could be your problem. Good luck

BunnyBuster12

Post by BunnyBuster12 »

You need to know the pressure and the temp. Often the charging system has the instructions and a gauge to see how much refrigerant is in the system. Your problem is probably that the system is over or under charged. The previous poster stated that an evacuation could help that is true if noncondensables are in the system. Good luck

NCSportsman

Post by NCSportsman »

You need to evacuate the system with a vacuum pump and get the microns below 1000.

After this you weigh in the charge according to what the manufacturer nameplate requires.

flatpick

Post by flatpick »

Dang!

Beaglers know about everything, don't they?

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Thanks everyone I appreciate your help . Yep beaglers know everything :D

Buddy