Which shock collar

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Smoke

Which shock collar

Post by Smoke »

I am needind to buy a shock collar I don't know what to go for which brand.

Rabbit Fevr

collar

Post by Rabbit Fevr »

I have a innotek 400 and would not recomend it to anyone. im looking at the Dogtra products. Ive read very good things about them.

Post by Guest »

Tri Tronics Classic 70. The best bang(or should I say zap) for your buck.

beaglehandler

Post by beaglehandler »

I would advise you to buy what you need the first time. I started out with a one dog unit and now have a three dog unit and wish I would have just bought it to start with. Tri-tronics Classic 70 works for me.

beaglenut

Post by beaglenut »

I have a beaglemaster 2 collar unit,it works great but some people dont like them because it only has a 1/2 mile range,but i dont let my dogs get that far away from me so it works great.My beaglemaster is about 4-5 years old and have not had any problems,it is made by innotek...scott

Indiana Brian

Shock Collar

Post by Indiana Brian »

BeagleHandler is right. Do yourself a favor and get the Classic 70 by Titronic. AND, if there is ANY chance that you will have more than one dog, buy the 3 dog system. I did the same thing he did..bought the one dog collar and turned around a year later and bought the 3 dog system.

Latimer Beagles

Post by Latimer Beagles »

Smoke i run a Dogtra 1804 4 dog unit and love it, there are several beaglers in In. that run Dogtra you may be able to look at one. I think that the Dogtra is the best bang for your buck, i will be at the White Water Vally LP trial in Everton In. let me know and i will let you look and try one.
contact me at jlatimr1@bellsouth.net

Latimer Beagles

Post by Latimer Beagles »

Smoke sorry i looked at the incorrect state it was TN not IN.

Phillip Smith

Post by Phillip Smith »

Classic 70 is one of the best for the money. You can get up to a 3 dog unit.

TC

Post by TC »

I have the Dogtra 202 Gold 2 dog unit and I am real happy with it. A lot of the guys & gals around here are starting to use more of the Dogtra and really like em Here is a link for ya on some good collar prices This guy is an Avid Beagler and will treat ya right. contact him if ya dont see what ya want and he will get it for ya.
Chad Plunkett at Plunketts Kennel Supply here is the link

http://plunkettskennelsupply.com/store/index.php
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

I have the sport series from Tri-tronics and for the money, ($439 for 3-dog unit) it can't be beat. I agree with the post that said never to buy Innotek. I had a bad experience with them and they wouldn't even talk to me about standing behind their product. I had problems with mine from the get-go. It was fine until the unit failed about a week after the warranty ran out(which seemed to be typical). They wouldn't even discuss prorating a new unit or anything. They basically said, "sorry bout'cher luck, bud!"

CHAD_PLUNKETT

Post by CHAD_PLUNKETT »

Thanks TC. I appreciate your good recommendation.
PLUNKETT'S KENNEL SUPPLY
1-270-797-3244

Smoke

Post by Smoke »

I just bought me a 2 dog unit classic 70's I coon hunt also so I needed something with a bit of range. It came with an antinna that makes it reach out another half a mile. so it goes for I bealieve 2 miles now. I hunt with him so I konw it works. paid 300 for it and it was worth it. I am going to go to erwin TN to buy me a box this weekend I went coon hunting the other day and my bluetick 9m old pup which weighs 98 pounds had to back out of the box because he could now even turn around. Thanks alot for your guys advice.

Matt B

Post by Matt B »

I have a CS300 Innotec----JUNK, I also have a 3 dog beagler XL. Awesome, best collar I've ever owned.

Post by Guest »

I also would reccomend against Innotek. Had bad luck with them. Tri-Tronics is a safe bet.

Skip