Waiting To Hunt

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Making Folks Wait 5-7 hours To Hunt Is Too Long

They Should Wait To Compete
26%
26%
26%
Iam not going to wait, I am going to be out hunting my dogs and not go to a Competition Hunt.
4%
Iam not going to wait, I am going to be out hunting my dogs and not go to a Competition Hunt.
4%
4%
Making Folks Wait 5-7 hours is too long.
4%
4%
4%

Total votes: 27

Redtick

Waiting To Hunt

Post by Redtick »

I think making folks wait 5-7 hours to go out on an initial cast is too long. Let's vote on it.
Dave Haugh
Lakeland Beagles
http://www.lakelandkennels.com

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

I voted they should wait to compete. Any time a person goes to a trial, they should count on the whole day. When we run in AKC trials, our cast may not go out until the afternoon, yet we have to be there before entries close. If you are running only a Champion or Grand Champion in any ARHA trial, you may not go out until the afternoon, but you have to be there before entries close.

The waiting time is well spent going to watch other casts run and see the hound work of other beagles, handle a dog for a judge or someone else, or visit with the beaglers back at the clubhouse. Take out the garbage or clean tables for the club or something. If one attends a trial with the attitude of "what's in it for me?" only, or if one is on a rigid time schedule, they are better off just staying home and not trialing that weekend.

Registries may sanction the hunts, but the event itself is run by human beings. With any kind of trialing, you take the bitter with the sweet.

Lynn Perkins

Post by Lynn Perkins »

I voted to stay it out,that's why you go is to compete against other dogs not the clock.Redtick it is nice that you join the club and buy a hat but handing out money is the easy part no work involved.Next time you are at a hunt sitting there doing NOTHING but B*tchin,run out to the store and get the judge or judges that are out with a cast,running their butts off a COLD Pepsi and a Bologna sandwich.You never know you might possibly bring a smile to someone's face! :bozo:
Perkins Runnin & Gunnin Kennel
Producing winners both under the gun and in front of the judge!
HOF Reproducer GRCH/BCH Perkins Run-n-Gun BuzzSaw - He might be gone,but his blood flows on!

Post by Guest »

Redtick
I got a better idea. Stay home period!!!!
Make everybody alot happier wouldnt
have to listen to all your Bitc___ !!!!!!
Would you like some wine with that cheese.

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

I also voted to wait it out.
I have a hard time believing that the club was offering $50 for someone to judge a cast! Sounds like I need to get my judges liscense, load up my dogs and head over to Redticks side of the state!
Crane Creek Kennels

DG TX

Post by DG TX »

Been there / done that, both AM & PM. Like one old hunter said "if you was worried about home & Moma, you should have stayed there". As far as $50 a cast? Have seen days when I was paid $50 to judge with one other man as many as 6-7 fresh packs then go to second series or winners pack. A few times went over to the next day. Or 53 little bitches cast in Large Pack for about 4-5 hours. And Redtick, before you go there, I'm not a "fool", as you have referred to AKC judges in the past.

Drive-On

Post by Drive-On »

I have been to enough field trials ,akc arha ,ukc over the years to know that I maybe be there all day, but I have a question about this poll what good is it asking a question like this. You can go to a field trial and enjoy the day ,by watching other dogs run, visting with folks, giving the club member a hand if they need it. you can learn alot if you have an open mind by wathing some of the competition in the field.