Nose and pure power

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

greatwhite_287

Nose and pure power

Post by greatwhite_287 »

Where would i find a stud throwing tons of power and plenty of nose?

Lee Cockman

Re: Nose and pure power

Post by Lee Cockman »

There is several pages under general services. Not trying to be funny but it is a shot in the dark!

I like Reggie but that is my opinion if you do not like that ask somebody else. Depends on what you are breeding and what you like!
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

BradWV

Post by BradWV »

Where are you located? I have been tryin to find a gyp with nose and pure power!

Shot Caller

Post by Shot Caller »

chapkosbeagles got it. he got a dog name deuce thats just what you looking for. derick chapkos is his name

271rockridge

Post by 271rockridge »

Cant go wrong with Greenwells Reggie.Big noses with plenty of punch
ROCKRIDGE KENNEL---LOAD TO WIN---RUN TO CATCH

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Glacier's ridge renegade.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

jfields

Post by jfields »

There are some nice hounds out there. i like the Let Er Rip stuff. He seems to throw a big nose and power , but I would like to try some Reggie myself. ive heard a lot of good things about what he is throwing since Terry got him.
Breed Em Good & Run Em Hard
http://shadywoodzkennels.tripod.com/index.html
James Fields
Home.304 426 - 5005
Cell....304 785 -1003

brush_hog

Post by brush_hog »

I don't know your location, but Dusty Roads Hillbilly Rebel is a stud dog I am fond of after having a couple of his pups. He is a UKC dog (2010 WV points winner- UKC performance pack), and two of the pups I have from him were jumping and circling a rabbit alone by 4 1/2 months, and running at 3 months.

PrideHillKennel

Post by PrideHillKennel »

jfields, Where have you been getting your Let er Rip blood. I to am from Wv and Looking for a Stud dog. Brock
LpGrRch LpGrBch Pride Hill Blue Boy
LpGrRch Pride Hill Drive On Crockett
LpGrRch Pride Hill Ribbon
LpRch PHK June Bug
LpRch PHK Misty

hookset

Post by hookset »

PrideHillKennel wrote:jfields, Where have you been getting your Let er Rip blood. I to am from Wv and Looking for a Stud dog. Brock
Contact hounddog, he had a litter from Rip and Kate. He could tell you where the other male from that litter ended up over there.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I just ran a 6.5month old off of Burr Oak Bert in 15 degrees and blowing dry snow and he locked on a San juan here at my house and walked it out opening well and impressed the heck out of me. Burt throws nose and plenty of speed. He is directly off of IFC Shaker and a Northway bred bitch. This pup is not the only one I have seen off of Burt either, they are nice and can run a rabbit. Burt is now in Tennessee I believe, his brother Mack is in Ohio with Ken Yerian. Plenty of track power in those hounds! Good luck!

jfields

Post by jfields »

PrideHillKennel wrote:jfields, Where have you been getting your Let er Rip blood. I to am from Wv and Looking for a Stud dog. Brock
My first one came from James Whisman . i ended up buying the only other littermate I liked him so well from Mike Caudill. I eventually bought their mother to make the same cross again. hopefully that will happen soon. Rod moore ( currdog ) had Rip in Pike county at stud and a man named Ted simpkins bred an ombre female and I got a pup from him. i also bought a pup from Henry Wrught of pike County out of Lucy Lou 2 , which was the only pup in that litter. I bought one from Elliot ( Rip Owner ) but havent picked it up yet. Im having a hard time getting it down in WV. I guess you could say i have just picked them up wherever I could get one. so far it has worked out good for me. i did get one that I didnt like but he is no longer here, i gave him away. I know where a male is that i would love to own but unfortunately he isnt for sale. i have heard of another male that is suppose to be tough but I havent seen him run yet but my understanding is he isnt for sale either. but as I said Hopefully i will have a litter soon. I probably wont let any go unless it is a large litter. i wouldnt hesitate a second to breed to my male but the only female I have is their mother. I have two female pups that I plan to breed back into later on .
Last edited by jfields on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breed Em Good & Run Em Hard
http://shadywoodzkennels.tripod.com/index.html
James Fields
Home.304 426 - 5005
Cell....304 785 -1003

James E. Whisman

Post by James E. Whisman »

Jfields,

I know of one out of Rip in Hazard, KY that money can't buy...Don't know what the bottom side is....But he is one tough machine!!!! Rip can definately put it in them...Probably breed a pug to him and they'd be tough!!!
Chapel Hills Kennel
Campton, Kentucky
Owner: James E. Whisman
Home of:
RIP Watt's Trakarab Pepper
Chapel Hills Crankshaft

ohlinger

Post by ohlinger »

Got the opportunity to shoot a couple cottontails over Rip this season :) :) :) :) :) :-D Guess Elliot got tired of seeing the old man sit around the kennel. I've seen quite a bit out of the Rip dogs he has over there. Good nose, most of have correct mouth, and a go get it drive. If I did'nt care about the breed standard I'd be breeding trouble to him everytime she came in heat. It's a shame guys are'nt breeding him like they should. seems like everyone buys dogs out of him from everyone but the owner and the only one still breeding the dog. Breeding to a dog "out of rip" is not nearly as sure a shot as breeding the main man himself. You want the juice go straight to the source while it's available. Then you gather the rest when that source has gone dry. This guy has a PROVEN reproducing record with fewer breedings that is much better than the popular "internet" stud dogs you read about on this board. I.M.O. Give the credit where credit is due. There is'nt always gonna be a big billboard pointing you in that direction.
NO LUCK KENNEL 330-987-5883 noluckkennels.webs.com