Stud dogs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

THALL

Stud dogs

Post by THALL »

I would like some opinions on stud dogs. I like a dog with line control and close check work. I love speed, but want to reel my pack in a little.I need a stud dog that has control and can handle pressure from a buch of idiots. I guess my question is what stud dogs are on the conservitive side of balls to the wall, and have nose enough to run when scenting conditions are bad?
Keep the best, cull the rest!

mike crabtree

Re: Stud dogs

Post by mike crabtree »

My Reject dog aint perfect, but will keep you a race going.He will get those hard checks when the wind splitters go way off the end.He has showed me and several others rabbits when other dogs wont even open on them.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

THALL

Post by THALL »

mike crabtree wrote:My Reject dog aint perfect, but will keep you a race going.He will get those hard checks when the wind splitters go way off the end.He has showed me and several others rabbits when other dogs wont even open on them.
How's he bred?

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

FC Buddys Iron Eagle X Reffetts Ky Mtn Cameo

Cameo is FC Milts Woodstock Rockstar X Reffetts Ky Mtn Grey Dawn. That is linebreeding on FC Northway Spur.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

old blood beagles

Post by old blood beagles »

I have heard alot of great stuff about your REJECT hound. I also read what Dexter wrote about him and I do respect what he has to say and I believe that he tells the truth about hounds.
Bowling's Old Blood Beagles
BOBB's Line of Hounds
Selective breeding of Old Branko "NINJA"/Ranger Dan = BOBB's Line

THALL

Post by THALL »

Mike, I love Iron Eagle dogs! I was thinking Bandit might be the dog I was looking for. I forgot your dog was Eagle bred. I love a dog that keeps you on the rabbit when half the pack is going over the end!

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

There is a full brother to Reject here in the Co. and he is like Mike describes Reject so they should produce the same qualities.

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Bobby,
I recommend a dog that no one on here has heard of. Never been trialed, only ran against many folks good dogs while rabbit hunting. Will strtaighten them out while having plenty of speed. A Rabbit Dog! He is out of a Tank female and Skyview Cliff.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

greenbay shooter thow tons of nose close checks tons of hunt pretty much just what your asking for not super fast but will turn from the middle of the pack some can give extra mouth ween them out :D

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

chapkosbeagles wrote:greenbay shooter thow tons of nose close checks tons of hunt pretty much just what your asking for not super fast but will turn from the middle of the pack some can give extra mouth ween them out :D

Remember though chapo that Shooter is off public stud. If you want Shooter blood and power look for a powerful son out of him.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Sundown Beagles

Post by Sundown Beagles »

IFC Greenbay Butkus is off of Shooter and Wiley. Super Nice hound and seems to be throwing it in his pups. Give Donny a call 740-502-9515. He is now in Ohio.

brian unroe

Post by brian unroe »

barus ohio river tuck is in southern ohio, tuck won ukc nat. in 2009, placed 5th in akc large pack nat. in 2009 and 3rd in 2010.
tuck is akc fc, ukc grand, nkc ch !
he has proven himself in all formats!
pm or call for any info 740-645-3333

mooredog

Post by mooredog »

Give Greenbay Butkus a try ! he is a nice running hound and has great conformation ! I can't wait for a few of my females to come in !
Paul Moore
http://www.moorebeagles.com
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

poteetkennels

Post by poteetkennels »

Butkus. Wiley i agree. But guess where that all came from? Nlpc fc sr donald butch. Call me 937 301 9071 jason poteet poteet kennels

mooredog

Post by mooredog »

bump for a great hound
Paul Moore
http://www.moorebeagles.com
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box