Gonna Be on the Outdoor Channel startin on Wednesday

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big Dog

Re: Gonna Be on the Outdoor Channel startin on Wednesday

Post by Big Dog »

I finally got to see the show tonight myself, kinda different seeing yourself on tv.LOL the 2nd part will be on next week showing more of the top 5 actually in the tree with a cameraman. wed at 630pm thurs at 730 and 1130 and saturday at 5pm. Check it out it should be good, this thing seems to be starting to get on a roll. They emailed me yesterday and want to fly out next month to film me scouting my hunting lease in KY, its kind of geared toward teaching the normal guy to hunt, no high fences or any of that kind of stuff.
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

Shot Caller

Post by Shot Caller »

Kim,

I watching as I type, You're the Man!

Congratulations!

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

that was great Big Dog... Who held up the cue cards so you knew what to say??? LOL
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

Hand_beagler

Post by Hand_beagler »

Very cool show and concept they have started. Even better to know that they are picking average Joe guys. Its nice for a change to see the normal hunter on a show and not these "professional" hunters who have life made and hunt for a living. Im gonna be watching next week for Part 2
Handridge Kennels
Good ol' Tennessee Briar Bustin' Hounds

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Thanks for watching guys, this show is geared more toward teaching(normal) people to hunt, I just got a call from the awa team and the reception to the shows is going well. They are going to fly in next month and go to my hunting lease in Kentucky to film/shoot some footage on how I go about scouting and hunting the land that I lease. They are doing this with several of the guys that were on the show. one of the shows in this segment was actually taped on public land, so this is all about gearing hunting to the normal guy, not some guy that is shooting fish in a barrel at some high dollar high fence ranch where the deer are fed year round, and pen raised.

Big Dog

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Part 2 comes on tonight at 630 pm Thursday at 730pm and 1130pm and saturday at 5pm

Gbeagle

Post by Gbeagle »

Good because I need all the help I can get. Want to get more serious about doing some deer hunting. Been on a lease for a few years now mostly use it for rabbit hunting and running my dogs.
A mans EGO is one heck of a weight for a dog to carry!!!!!

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Gbeagle it will be on again tonight at 730pm and 1130 pm and 5pm on saturday, Next week they will move to a different area and there will be a new set of 10 contestants.

Walter B. Walls

Post by Walter B. Walls »

Hey Kim

Just saw the AWA show you’re a celebrity in my house. A pack of hounds on the other side of the property hitting hard on a rabbit would have made some deer move :D

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Lol, How you doing Walt, I went rabbit hunting with your brother last weekend. It was cold and we had snow but we killed a few. LOL Phill only lives about 30 minutes from me now

Hand_beagler

Post by Hand_beagler »

Hey man, I really enjoyed watching both of the episodes! I rerally like the concept they started with not harvesting and recording it by video, especially if they take advantage of it during the off season. Question for you man, what is your opinion on how the guy who placed first did? To me, it just seemed that the does points were too high in comparison to bucks. It just kinda bothered me how the 1st place guy won by only harvesting does and a spike. Anyways, I enjoyed it! Now we just need to get a rabbit/gun dog hunting show out there, now THAT would be great!
Handridge Kennels

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Based on the rules the guy that won had the best strategy, If you notice I killed several bucks and probably was a little too conservative. I was covered up in does the 2nd day and just didnt shoot them. The place was over populated with deer but they were small young deer for the most part. I saw two nice bucks the first morning and was actually able to film them but i couldnt get a clear shot on them. The biggest hurdle in the hunt was the scope, from the time you pressed the button you had 8 seconds to pull the trigger, if you didnt pull within 8 seconds it didnt film the deer, I had that happen to me on 2 different occassions. Overall it was really fun and I enjoyed it. I am pretty sure that I will be invited back next year and if so I plan to win it this time. I was actually invited to the finals as a wild card but turned it down due to my son playing his superbowl in football the same weekend.

Hand_beagler

Post by Hand_beagler »

Well you chose wisely, family first always. Yea, i thought that camera scope would pose a problem. Glad to hear you had a good time. Keep us posted if you get to go back again, I will most def. tune in.
Handridge Kennels