Gonna Be on the Outdoor Channel startin on Wednesday

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big Dog

Gonna Be on the Outdoor Channel startin on Wednesday

Post by Big Dog »

Here is the trailer for the American Whitetail Authority World Championship of Deer Hunting that I participated in back in October, There were 4 competitions across the US, Kentucky, Georgia, Oklahoma Texas and the finals in mississippi. I participated in the Georgia Session, and it will air on the OUtdoor channel starting on wednesday. here is the schedule, each week they will show a different session,

http://ftp.winnercomm.com/clients/AWA/AWA_SizzleV2.mov

Wednesday 6:30 PM

Thursday 7:30 PM and 11:30 PM

Saturday 5:00 PM
Last edited by Big Dog on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

Briarhoppers

Re: Gonna Be on the Outdoor Channel in a couple weeks

Post by Briarhoppers »

Very nice! Look forward to seeing it. How do you sign up or get selected for this competition?
-Peter
PUCKETT CREEK RABBIT HOUNDS
http://our-southern-roots.com/

Big Dog

Re: Gonna Be on the Outdoor Channel in a couple weeks

Post by Big Dog »

This was the initial competition, they travelled to Bass Pro Shops all over the US and interviewed hunters, they actually taped the interview so that they could judge your ability on camera, they interviewed around 2500 people and selected what they thought were the top 40. If you are on facebook type in american whitetail authority and friend it. You will get all of the info on the next competition. It was tiring but fun, met some good hunters from all over. In a nut shell you go to a location, they give you a topo map and an aerial map, you get two days to actually scout the area, and then two days to hunt. You are not actually killing the deer, you use a slug gun with a blank shell and when you shoot they have a special scope that takes a picture of your cross hairs on the deer, if you hit the deer bad you get points deducted. You only get 5 shells per day, you get more points for mature bucks, but you also get points for does, you can only kill 3 does per day, but you get more points for mature does, so you must be able to judge the age of deer based on their physical characterstics. I killed the biggest bucks in our session, but was a little too conservative, should have killed a few more does. I finished 3rd in GA but was in the lead after the first day. I didnt pull the trigger on a big buck that I had on camera because I was waiting for a better shot which never came, if I had taken that shot I would have won by a land slide, I ended up losing a very close battle, to two other great hunters, I still got selected as a wild card to go to the finals, but opted not to attend, because of another committment(sons football superbowl game). It was a great experience but a lot of work too.

Big Dog

Re: Gonna Be on the Outdoor Channel on Wednesday

Post by Big Dog »

Hello to all of my friends, watch the american whitetail authority Hunting show on the OUtdoor Channel on the following days this week and next week. I was in the competition, and did well, I have no idea how much I will be shown as I havent seen the edited version, but I know I will get some air time. I had a blast and met some good guys. Here are the show times and days. This was filmed in Ga at the Gopher Plantation

Wednesday 6:30 PM

Thursday 7:30 PM and 11:30 PM

Saturday 5:00 PM

WILL LEFEVERS

Re: Gonna Be on the Outdoor Channel startin on Wednesday

Post by WILL LEFEVERS »

I watched one of the episodes the other night filmed at Land Between the Lakes. Pretty neat competition. Look forward to seeing your hunt Big Dog.

yellow mt. kennels

Post by yellow mt. kennels »

Kim,
Way to go Kim, congratulations!! So with all that deer hunting, and TV time, how's the rabbit hunting going up north.

James Davis
Yellow Mt. Kennels
Yellow Mt. Kennels
Home of P/pack H.O.F. Competition Hound
Dual Grand Champion Yellow Mt. Gay Jewel

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Hey James, Not doing much rabbit hunting, been too cold and too much snow for my liking.

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Will I was originally supposed to be in the Land between the Lakes session but opted to go to GA instead due to a conflict at work. It was fun but a lot of work and the temps were not optimum for deer hunting at all. LOL

yellow mt. kennels

Kim,
How's the family? I hope all is well with all of you. I'm sure the family is growing fast!
Is there a webb-site for the show, if so do you know it, and will you post it? I can't seem to find the TV version here in Carolina. We've had our share of snow, ice, and cold here in the foothills also in the last two winters!

Thank's Kim

James Davis
Yellow Mt. Kennels

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Here is the website, you guys should have the outdoor channel there it shows up as OLN on your tv guide

http://awapro.com/

bigdogpace

Post by bigdogpace »

WAY TO GO BIGDOG JUST SAW THE SHOW IT WAS AWSOME 2ND AINT BAD
BIGDOGPACE

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Thanks, I just got in so I havent actually seen it yet myself, gonna check it out though. A couple of my buddies called me up that didnt know that I had done it and were like " is that you on tv" LMAO

yellow mt. kennels

Thank's Kim, going to check it out and pass it on to the guys at Bens Knob.

James Davis
Yellow Mt. Kennels

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Kim,

Just watching your episode and told my wife "that guy is on the beagle board" good show man, congrats!!!

letumrun

Post by letumrun »

me and my 8 yr old son watched the show.He said he wanted your autograph.lol