Done with Tri Tronic

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Jon Wagner

Done with Tri Tronic

Post by Jon Wagner »

Guys im done!!!! Here it is I spend thousands of dollars on G3 Trashbreakers with tracking lights and were supposed to be the best. I have had battery problems, the range was horrible and had collars unmarry them selfs form the remote which to hear them tell it these things never happen. Then I lost the remote and insult to injury I go to spend MORE MONEY and buy a remote and the service was horrible!!!! I have my wife order the remote while im working and she calls me crying just to let you know she is pregnant but not that emotional the lady gives her crap about her not knowing exactly what I needed and wanting a conformation # to make sure this was ordered. Then when I call the supervisor and he acted like it was no big deal and didnt try to make any kind of minds. So if I cant get any better service then that the HELL with them ill go some where else.

larry plummer

Re: Done with Tri Tronic

Post by larry plummer »

go to sport dog :D

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

larry plummer wrote:go to sport dog :D
Im using dogtra but I had sport dog before and by far the best customer service I have ever had! No questions asked and they sent me a replacement reciever when I had them!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Jon Wagner

Post by Jon Wagner »

Sounds good to me. Im not asking for my a$$ to be kissed but common courtsey goes along way.

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Call back one more time and insist on speaking with the highest up manager available. It sure sounds like a bad run of people but go high enough up the ladder and you'll find someone that cares enough to take care of the problems. I've only had to deal with them a couple of times but so far their customer service has been every bit as good as sportdog was. If you get nowhere then all you did was waste another phone call but when I say insist I mean insist. Don't even waste your time explaining to the rep you start with just tell them you want someone higher up. Good luck.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

HAREHOUND

Post by HAREHOUND »

jon - if i was treated that way i would switch too. my experience with tri tronics has been just the opposite and have used them for 35 years. but hey, i don't blame ya.

271rockridge

Post by 271rockridge »

I am with you Jon I have a 6 dog G2 I had collars not turn on after just a few months of use 1 collar started shocking when ever it wanted to and now the 2 collars that still work have no range and the battery in the transmitter is 6 months old.I called Tri Tronics they said to charge every thing 4 times in a row and 90% of the time that fixes any problems.I tried that and still no range so I called them back they said send 2 collars and the transmitter and for $175 they would fix it I told them I done spent over a $1000 for this system and I would not be spending any more money on this system it is not that old but not under warranty.I told them I have a old Innotek command series that is 15 years old and still works and when I spend more money on another system it would not be a Tri Tronics and they hung up on me
ROCKRIDGE KENNEL---LOAD TO WIN---RUN TO CATCH

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

I Guess its just luck i have had 2 collars in 32 years of rabbit hunting a 1 dog tri-tronics after about 12 years in it and sold that one just to bouy a 4 dog unit never had a bit of trouble still have the 4 dog field 90 never misses knock on wood got abuddy the same thing but he had problems with 1 collar called them up sent the whole set in sent him back a brand new one not just a collar the complete system but if what happen to you happen to me i would fill the same way

sunsetredbeagles

Post by sunsetredbeagles »

IMO sport dog is the way to go.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Bunnyblaster wrote:Call back one more time and insist on speaking with the highest up manager available. It sure sounds like a bad run of people but go high enough up the ladder and you'll find someone that cares enough to take care of the problems. I've only had to deal with them a couple of times but so far their customer service has been every bit as good as sportdog was. If you get nowhere then all you did was waste another phone call but when I say insist I mean insist. Don't even waste your time explaining to the rep you start with just tell them you want someone higher up. Good luck.

I agree with you BB, but at some point there shouldn't be any reason that Mr. Wager should have to go to an higher up and try and fix this problem. The staff should have done it for him in a quick way and not give his wife or him any headaches. I to use Tri-tronics and haven't had a issue with mine, be given a reason to call the customer service. I would switch as well.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

HatterasBob

Post by HatterasBob »

If you don't talk to the VPs then how are they going to know that their customer service staff suck! You don't think they are going to tell them. A true VP will be glad you informed him. Now some companies make it extremely tough to reach a VP. So I google corporate offices and such to get around it. It is a hassle but if you get to a VP your problem will be solved. Also try making a Better Business complaint. Most good companies don't want that kind of press. Goodrich tire exploded on my truck going to run dog, if that didn't make them gun shy nothing will. Their tire are only warrented for 5 years after that you are suppose to disgard them. My tires were 5 years and 33 days old. Custome service said there was nothing they could do. No published phone numbers to call so I filled a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and within a week I had some on the phone that paid 50% for a new set of tires and paid for the fender on my truck.

Don't give up that is what they want you to do!!!!!!

John Lear

Post by John Lear »

Dogtra fan all the way. NO problems FULL two mile range in hot weather , freezing cold, and even over a hill once. Never hunted with a guy who had as good a Tri Tronics set. My friend was out with his new 6 dog set the other day and couldn't shock a dog that he could have thrown a good size rock and hit.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Dogtra 1800 series.
I have had my 1802 for 8 years now with absolutely no problems whatsoever.
2 mile range, heat, cold, water, have never affected them.
I bought mine through collar clinic (they sell all brands), when I asked them which is best, they told me Dogrtra.
The hand held is completely water proof, not just water resistant.
I only wish I would have bought the 1804, 4 collars with one hand held.

Swamp

TC

Post by TC »

DOGTRA here also!!!!
We have had our Set of 202 gold 2 dog for over 10 years now...just last year they started getting weak having to charge more and not as much power SO I got all new battery's for them online a total of 55.85 and they are as good as new...
I purchased a set of the Tri tronics G2 6 dog a little over 4 years ago and so far not to much trouble have one collar that is a little weak and another that the strap to hold it to the collar started to break ( i tape it up before heading out)...
We also just purchased a set of the 1802 So far so good.IF Dogtra had sold a 6 dog set I wouldnt even own the Tri Tronics..
As far as Customer Service i have called Dogtra ONCE looking for replacement batteries They Told me where to look Online or I could send them in But IT would be Cheaper for me to do it myself. Now Would Tri Tronics Do that..Answer NO!!! I called them about Batteries just for Shiz and giggles and they Told me that THEY were the only ones that could replace them and I would have to send them in. Aprox 180.00 and 2 week turn around and I had to PAY Shipping to boot. yeah right!!!!
Now I will Say that Tri Tronics Does Do a Lot to Support the Houndsman and Trials..
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

mcgrady

Post by mcgrady »

We have had to instances they say were impossible to happen with Tri-tronics
1- Toning the dogs and shocking them
2- Other hunters in the area shocking their dogs while and sending the signal to your collars shocking yours