Coyote problems becoming dangerous ... Need INFO

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

JUDE

Coyote problems becoming dangerous ... Need INFO

Post by JUDE »

The coyotes are coming too close to my home for comfort . It's getting to the point
that they are becoming a danger to my family especially the lil ones . The property
behind my home is owned by me and mostly hillside but I'm becoming coyote infested .
If anyone can PM me a good solution I would greatly appreciate it . I want to get rid
of them ALL .

thanks ,
Buddy

desertrunner

Re: Coyote problems becoming dangerous ... Need INFO

Post by desertrunner »

If you know any old good trappers, they'ed probably be extatic to come catch em
SEMPER FI TIL I DIE

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Most people don't realize it but there was over 800 cases in one year of kids 8 yrs. old and younger being attacked by coyotes in the U.S.

BOUTTIMEIV

Post by BOUTTIMEIV »

Buddy, i have beem doing a bunch of yote trapping here in ohio because of the same reason,just get you a dozen or 2 snares if legal there and set up on thier runways.The farm Im trapping now Ive taken 4 in the last 6 days and the owner coundnt be happier.If you need any info or other help just pm me'
Mark

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

RELESE THE HOUNDS ! :nod: :nod:

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

get a Mastiff or a big big dog.. ive also heard that wolf urine will make them scatter..
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Thanks for all the help & replies guys . I appreciate it !!! Don't stop though . Chuck I would
love to release those Patch hounds on these yotes but in this terrain I'm not sure we could
keep up with them ? They're are directly behind my house if you remember the hillside .
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Is your rifle broken? j/k

They seem to move with the deer, since the blue tongue I've not seen many round here close.

Laneline

Post by Laneline »

Use 100% Wolf Urine. Click on the link below and you will have your choice of products to pick from. They have hanging scent wicks to hang in different areas, they last for 30 days. They have Granules to sprinkle around the base of trees etc… They also have liquid to spray on trees etc… They all work but I know “Hunt Clubs” that have used them all and they tell me that the “hanging scent” works the best. This works on feral cats, cats, foxes and coyotes. It will not affect your hounds or rabbits, for rabbits you would use fox urine. This would also rid you of some fox, which would help with the rabbits. Your hounds will “wind scent” a little at first, and then they will ignore it and move on to search for rabbit.

http://www.predatorpee.com/Merchant2/me ... ry_Code=WU
"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

packmaster

Post by packmaster »

either snare or trap them,and when you get one leave the animal there whole. the pack will leave the area.

warddog

Post by warddog »

I like to eliminate them with my 6mm Rugar out the back door while they are glaring at my house!

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Get an inexpensive coyote call....I recommend the Verminator Tweety calls if you're just starting out. Might as well have some fun when eliminating them. :dance:

fchbeagles

Post by fchbeagles »

give them a drink of anti-freeze

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Simple! Hang a few big treble hooks with chicken on them and when you catch one jumping up to get the meat, like packmaster said, leave it hanging there and they will leave.

The baddest thing in the woods should be YOU!

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Hang a few big treble hooks with chicken on them and when you catch one jumping up to get the meat, like packmaster said, leave it hanging there and they will leave.

I know a guy that spent 90 days in jail and a $1500 fine for doing that. Not saying it wouldn't work, but I would be careful with such a tactic......

Anti-freeze and poisons are not effective for coyote. Apparently they will not eat something with artificial smells. Melarin (fly poison) mixed with coca-cola will kill every coon, oppossum, and skun that enters your property. Coyotes wont mess with it.

On the other hand, you could volunteer your property to be used by fish and wildlife to plant some Wolves. There is a big push to get them in all 48 states :loser:

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly