Muck Boots

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rabbitsmoker

Re: Muck Boots

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Bogs lightweight is the only way to go for me with a thick pair of socks feet dry and they are tuff Rocky pull on brown gortex is next on my list had 2 pair in the last 10 years briars dont bother them at all
Last edited by rabbitsmoker on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakeboy

Post by Jakeboy »

You guys should get yourself a pair of the cabela's dura-traks. I got the uninsulated ones it was the best investment I made. My buddy had a pair of mucks and he wore em on one hunting trip when he got home he took em back for a pair of the dura-tracks. They say that neoprene on the mucks is water tite but when they are submerged for a long time they leack. Do your feet a favor and get the dura-traks u won't be disappointed!! ;)

mtthwvn73

Post by mtthwvn73 »

I like my Red Wings steel toes. They are a little heavy, but I don't ever feel any briars. I've only had them a year, but I've hunted hard in them and when they get scratched up I just pull out the saddle soap and the polish and give them a good rubdown.