Muck Boots

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joeyman

Muck Boots

Post by Joeyman »

who here owns a pair and how do you like them?

I recently tried on a pair of Woody Max I believe that was the name of them. they felt good on my foot. But I didn't buy them because I wasn't sure.

I'm still looking for a good pair of boots.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

jason

Re: Muck Boots

Post by jason »

Joey,
most of the guys up this way have them for deer hunting and they love them.
my son has a pair and he likes them real well, couple nights ago i slipped them on to go pick up my hounds out back, they are for sure comfortable the only thing i didnt like was they are a little tight on my calves, but maybe my calves are too big. :shock:
i have also heard of guys puncturing the neoprene top on them, they make a pair that is all rubber and maybe thats the woody max i'm not sure.
Jason

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

Ive had a pair for about 3 years now and like them. I rabbit hunt in them all season and ive got some tears on the neoprene and they have yet to leak. They r definitely starting to wear out though bc insides are starting to get alittle rough on my feet lol. Ill probably end up with another pair but they r definitely not a summertime boot. Ur feet will not like u if u try to wear them in warm weather.

ddetar00

Post by ddetar00 »

Missi and I both have a pair... llike them alot.

The neoprene on ours does not show and sign of damage and I hit the briars with the hounds, but I will plug
the Mule Bibs and pants as a resaon for that... nothing get thru them!!!

The Muck boots are comfortable and you can walk for hours wiothout feeling fatigued.

Dennis

"Detar's HunkerDown Hounds"
Hunter / Chase / Twister

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

joey log in to the sportsmen guide and look at the bogg boots, i bought a pair of them and i like them better than the muck boots. and a whole lot cheaper.

mundellm

Post by mundellm »

Love them ...

Go to your local farm store and buy the muckmasters. Those are the "work" books. The only difference is ...they are black, have higher thicker rubber and LESS expensive then the "hunting" boots. Same comfort.

Like the above mentioned .. You need to where chaps overtop or else the neopreme will get torn up.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

mundellm wrote:Love them ...

Go to your local farm store and buy the muckmasters. Those are the "work" books. The only difference is ...they are black, have higher thicker rubber and LESS expensive then the "hunting" boots. Same comfort.

Like the above mentioned .. You need to where chaps overtop or else the neopreme will get torn up.
is the neopreme the part that is from the ankle up?

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

I be mucking on the weekends and some during the week. Great boot.

madcatter

Post by madcatter »

I have the chore boot and the woody max.no complaints

mundellm

Post by mundellm »

Joey..

yes the neopreme is the part from the ankle up.. but the rubber is alot higher on the muckmaster ... so its more like lower calf up

the seam on the 16in boot is where the normal ruber ends
http://www.muckbootsonline.com/Muckmast ... mmwkbt.htm

TC

Post by TC »

I use the Chore and have had 2 pair last 8 years LOVE EM I wear em Every Day around the Farm and in the brush, A Good pair of Chaps helps keep the tops from getting tore up, but even with holes in em, mine keep my Feet Warm Dry and Comfortable..
Highly recommend the Mucks!!!!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

I like these right here. Will they keep my feet warm? is their insulation in them?

http://www.muckbootsonline.com/Muckmast ... mm500a.htm

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

I just bought a pair at the end of this summer mainly for rabbit hunting. I bought the Woody Max boots version as well. I was very unsure about them when i tried them on in the store because I wasn't sure how I would like a "no laces" boot. I was worried since I couldn't strap them down that I wouldn't like the fit and my foot would move around. I was also very worried about ankle support b/c here in PA, your most likely hunting on a hillside.

So four months later, so far, very good. My ankle support thought is a non issue, maybe not quite as much as a lace boot but still, plenty to keep your ankle upright. The neopreme tops on mine show no wear and tear as well because I keep my pants down over them. Just make sure your foot fits fairly well in them and they won't rub or give you blisters. My heel moves a tiny bit while walking but has not caused any problems.

Best thing about them is they go on in about 2 seconds. They feel just like slippers and thats how they go on and off. I wear them every night to feed the dogs because its on/off right at the door. I also wore them this archery season, rifle season, and bear season so they are getting their use.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

Smoke'n Mack wrote:I just bought a pair at the end of this summer mainly for rabbit hunting. I bought the Woody Max boots version as well. I was very unsure about them when i tried them on in the store because I wasn't sure how I would like a "no laces" boot. I was worried since I couldn't strap them down that I wouldn't like the fit and my foot would move around. I was also very worried about ankle support b/c here in PA, your most likely hunting on a hillside.

So four months later, so far, very good. My ankle support thought is a non issue, maybe not quite as much as a lace boot but still, plenty to keep your ankle upright. The neopreme tops on mine show no wear and tear as well because I keep my pants down over them. Just make sure your foot fits fairly well in them and they won't rub or give you blisters. My heel moves a tiny bit while walking but has not caused any problems.

Best thing about them is they go on in about 2 seconds. They feel just like slippers and thats how they go on and off. I wear them every night to feed the dogs because its on/off right at the door. I also wore them this archery season, rifle season, and bear season so they are getting their use.
i had the same thought about the ankle support when i walked around the store with them on. Walking in the store is one thing and walking in the field is another.

On the other hand if i waste $100bucks on boots oh well. I've already wasted hundreds of dollars on boots in the past. My last pair that i'm still wearing now all torn up costed me about $180 bucks. Danners = Don't buy them

Gary A

Post by Gary A »

Had a pair of Mucks and liked them. Now have a pair of LaCrosse and they are about the same as far as fit and comfort. Don't know yet how they will hold up compared to the Mucks.

But I like the boots with the caps attached. Several out there selling either for a little over $100 with the chaps.
Gary Otte