Muck Boots

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Casey Harner

Re: Muck Boots

Post by Casey Harner »

Not to change subjects but i love my lacrosse rubber boots. Very comfortable, warm and waterproof.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

I love my Muck chore boots. Bought them for $79.00 3 years ago. They are way to warm for Spring and early fall. Your feet will sweat so bad you'll think you have a leak in them. lol. I wouldn't trade them for anything this time of year though.

I am looking at a pair of uninsulated Lacrosse for the Spring and Summer trial/ running season.

John-PA

Post by John-PA »

I've got the Arctic Sport and the Wetlands, both very comfortable and have never leaked yet. My Arctic sport mucks are torn up pretty bad, rubber is ripped and the neoprene is tore up and they still don't leak.

Spruce Ridge Beagler

Post by Spruce Ridge Beagler »

They are a comfortable boot, I have two pair of the woody max and they both have tears on them. One is on the lower rubber part from a fence and the other is up higher on the neoprene from briars. Much to thier credit there was no leaks, I think you have to go completely through the boot before it will leak. If they only made something that light and comfortable that would resist tearing a little better.
If your looking to stay warm, as in wearing extra socks be sure to go a size bigger. If the socks make them too tight on your feet you will get cold.
SUCCESS- When preparation and opportunity cross paths!

Bellmorekennels

Post by Bellmorekennels »

Joey i have the wetland muck boots, they are brown outside and orange inside, have been in deep snow and water and briars no problems at all, buy them,you will love them

hogbody

Post by hogbody »

Joey, I'm a surveyor and do a lot of walking up and down these western Pennsylvania hills. I have a pair of the Muck Woody Max and they are the warmest and most comfortable boot I have ever worn, and I have tried a lot of boots. I wear them rabbit and deer hunting as well.
I live back in the woods you see, my woman and the kids and the dogs and me.

chanks

Post by chanks »

Harner's Hounds wrote:Not to change subjects but i love my lacrosse rubber boots. Very comfortable, warm and waterproof.
Just recieved my pair of Alpha SST's. Used them one day so far, and they seem very good. From what I gather they are sorta like some of the muck styles. They have the rubber coating over the neo. And for the first time in my life, they were well what I paid for them, nothing!
Home of:
Scroghams-Little Star http://espomagazine.com/pedigrees/12979.htm
Hanks's Joie de Vivre

hookset

Post by hookset »

Joey,

I bought a pair of Woody Max 7 years ago and would still be wearing them if my wife hadn't bought me a new pair for Christmas. The old ones look a little rough, but I wear them feeding livestock, feeding dogs, going to get the mail, deer hunting, rabbit hunting, pheasant hunting, etc. I think I put them on every single day. They're like wearing a pair of house slippers, nothing is more comfortable. I've got lacrosse, Danner, Rocky, Browning, Justin - about every kind of boot. The Wood Max is by a good margine the best boots for hunting I've ever owned. You'll not be wasting your money.

tiny timber

Post by tiny timber »

Around here Dave Falsetta was a walking commercial. Wacthing him walk around with them tore to pieces after several years and they still didn't leak made me and my dad get a pair. I now have two because bought some with the chaps attached to judge in. Those are really nice and Golden Acres sells them around 100 bucks or so. I've never had a pair of bots that warm and comfortable hold up for any amount of time. Normally I would get a season out a pair of boots. I've had my first pair almost three years. Like Dave H. said got tears in them but don't leak. I suggest them to anyone who asks. For the money can't be beat by me.
LPGRBCH/LPRCH BARTON'S GEORGIA PEACH
LPBCH/LPRCH PATTON'S LIL ANGEL
LPBCH/LPRCH PATON'S TINY TIMBER LUKE'S DUKE
LPBCH/LPRCH THUNDERVIEW ZOE

northernhare

Post by northernhare »

I heard that the work version of the hunting Muck boots were cheaper for the same basic pair of boots, but come
in black only. It sounds like a better value!
Run to catch!!!

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

northernhare wrote:I heard that the work version of the hunting Muck boots were cheaper for the same basic pair of boots, but come
in black only. It sounds like a better value!
that would be these right here

http://www.muckbootsonline.com/Muckmast ... mm500a.htm
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

northernhare

Post by northernhare »

Buy em!
Run to catch!!!

Freeman Beagles

Post by Freeman Beagles »

Get the 16 inch tops vs. the 13 inch. You will be glad you have the 16 inch when you have to wade water. Just a suggeston.

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

The Woody Max is the best boot I have ever owned BAR NONE! The only thing I will warn you about is that they are very warm and if your doing alot of walking your feet will sweat bad in them unless you roll the tops down. I have never owned anything besides the Woody Max but they make other styles and if you are mainly using them for rabbit hunting or something that involves alot of walking you might want to try something with a little less insulation in them.
Crane Creek Kennels

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

I always had Lacrosse in the past. A couple years ago I bought a pair of Muck Muckmasters as they came so highly recommended by this board. It was a great switch, two things that are much better about the Mucks than my Lacrosse boots

1) Comfort, the soles on the Much boots have a very well padded sole, they are much more comfortable during a full day hunt.

2) The tops roll down to make it easy to put the boot on and tuck your pant legs in.

I don't have a lot bad to say about Lacrosse either but the Mucks are what I'm sticking with, when I wore Lacrosse boots I used to buy new ones every year because they would be torn up and leaking......I've already got over 2 full years on the Mucks and although they're looking kinda ratty they still don't leak. :nod: