Very nervous

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joeyman

Very nervous

Post by Joeyman »

I wasn't going to tell anyone till it was all said and done but i've got to tell my beagling buddies on here.

I put together a big youth rabbit hunt. So far I've got 7 youths coming and i'm nervous as heck about it. We're going to have the dad's there with us and who knows who else. I've got a guy I know that is helping me put this together because we are hunting his property. I will be providing the use of my dogs basically being a guide if you will. I know the property well as I have hunted it in the past.

What i'm nervous about is. I really want everything to go smooth and I want everyone to have fun and I want the youths to bag some bunnies. I'm hoping for good running. Its going to be cold and a little windy. Not the best conditions a guy could ask for with a event such as this. High of about 25degress and sunny. They are calling for wind. I hope my pack can do me proud this weekend. I'm bouncing around in the house like a crazy....

anyone have any pointers please feel free to share.

Camera will be rolling saturday. We're starting around 10am after the safety meeting.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Bellmorekennels

Re: Very nervous

Post by Bellmorekennels »

Joey, I am sure dogs will do a good job, would def run bells on them and orange collars so kids can see them. Also maybe run only a few dogs at a time to cut down on confusion. You are a great person for putting something together like that,hope the kids get hooked for life. Look forward to video
Anthony

wwdorroh

Post by wwdorroh »

I admire you for doing this. I have done similar things for youth, but always have a fear for the liability aspect of such an event. Be careful.

Fleetwood

Post by Fleetwood »

Just rely on the parents that will be there Joey. Set clear parameters and be very strict about safety. I've done these type of things before and it was always the highlight of the season. It will be great!

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

Joey,
Hope all goes well,I`ll be looking for the results on video. Have been invited to South Ga to a 19,000 acre lease to hunt cotton tails and Swampers. We have been talking about doing the same thing,haveing youth hunters.These guy`s run deer with dogs on about 7000 acres on this tract.I`m pretty excited,will be some time in Feb before season goes out and hopefuly before Rattlers get out. I`m gonna take my hounds.

MI-Beagler

Post by MI-Beagler »

Great idea Joey, always a good thing to get kids involved. I especially like the part about the saftey meeting, that is a must. But other than that the kids will have a blast being in the outdoors for a day and not on the couch or in school. No worries!
"Teamwork is the linchpin of a successful rabbit hunting campaign" - Robert L Mason

10ACbeagles

Post by 10ACbeagles »

Great idea!Hope it goes like you want it to Joeyman more people should do this.Being safe and havin fun should be the main focus.Look forward to video and pics!!
God made dogs....Then he made BEAGLES!

chanks

Post by chanks »

Enjoy it!! I am pretty sure the kids will. Sounds like you have the bases covered with parents and safety meeting set up, just roll with it and watch the total joy on a kids face when the dogs strike one. Trust me, I have seen it on my own kids faces and wish I could put it on a bunch more. You are a good guy for doing this!!
Home of:
Scroghams-Little Star http://espomagazine.com/pedigrees/12979.htm
Hanks's Joie de Vivre

Bobby Vest

Post by Bobby Vest »

Good luck Joey it's a great thing you are doing. I hope the parents know enough to keep everyone safe. I am afraid when you have a lot of people around that aren't used to hunting with dogs. I hope it all turns out good. I wish I was closer I would enjoy helping you. I would love to see their faces when they get one.

lee broadley

Post by lee broadley »

thats a great deal :D im sure the kids are excited about it.tell everyone not what you expect to happen, but what you demand to happen, & the kids will amaze you. i imagine after the hunt the kids will want to tell thier story on camera. wouldnt it be neat to be intervied after a hunt like a sport star :cool: thanks on behalf of all the lives you will touch.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Joey you are an asset to the hunting world and beagling community!!! I am sure you will stress safety first and all will be well!!! :D

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

Sounds like a very good deal may want split them up in groups of 2 if their going to shoot would be safer

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

Awesome job Joey, hats off to ya , what a guy ... :D

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Joey, good advice from everyone already and HAVE FUN.......even though I know you will.............safety first of course.

The only advice I might have is next time give everyone on here a heads up.....you may have gotten some volunteered help from experienced beaglers. Even if they were just out there with the groups so you didn't have to keep an eye on all of it the whole time would be a big help........just a suggestion.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

ddetar00

Post by ddetar00 »

Joey...
If this turns out to ba an annual event... I am not too far away to volunteer and come help...

I think what you are doing is great... perhaps another generation of beaglers will come of it.

"Detar's HunkerDown Hounds"
Hunter / Chase / Twister