1 hunt, 2 men, 3 hours, 4 dogs, 5 rabbits, 6 jumps

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BunnyBuster12

1 hunt, 2 men, 3 hours, 4 dogs, 5 rabbits, 6 jumps

Post by BunnyBuster12 »

We started out kind of late today. We did not have a set destination because the people we were supposed to go with backed out on us. I called my partner and asked if he still wanted to go and he replied of course. The place to go was the next obstacle. I asked if he wanted to go to a place were we did not have any luck last year but he had seen rabbit balls during deer season. He said we could go but he would rather go somewhere else. When I arrived at his house I mentioned a little spot that normally takes about an hour to hunt and yields about two rabbits and then we could go to the cut over down the street. He agreed that was a good plan. We got to the spot and the landowner’s cat ran down through the woods and thought we would never find a bunny due to the new cat. My pup starts the cat right out the truck only to get his feelings hurt. He starts hunting again and jumps a rabbit near the area that the cat had ran. I thought he started the cat again but my seasoned dogs joined in. I still thought he convinced them to do wrong. In and effort to see the cat I moved up and ran right into the bunny. I dropped my wand and shot bugs. Then it was on we went down by the creek and jumped five more. Each rabbit that we shot made at least one full circle a couple made two and one made three. We only hunted for three hours and bagged five bunnies. It was a fun little hunt with results better than expected. We probably could have bagged a few more but I ended up having to go to work.

Bunnyblaster

Re: 1 hunt, 2 men, 3 hours, 4 dogs, 5 rabbits, 6 jumps

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Funny how the days that you think aren't going to be all that great sometimes end up being the some of the best isn't it? :nod: Glad to hear you guys had a good time.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

Nice post.
i enjoy those kinda days.
STEVE SERINI
owlcreek@ymail.com
573-701-4646

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

sounds like you guys had a great hunt. good post.

Fleetwood

Post by Fleetwood »

Congrats from up here on the mountain! :hammer: