Question on Pup barking in the kennel?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Jaybird67

Question on Pup barking in the kennel?

Post by Jaybird67 »

I have a pup I really like but he barks in the kennel.I have another pup off a diffenet litter and he doesn't bark at all.What can I do to break him?Thanks!!
James Brown
Wilmington,NC

BCBeagles

Re: Question on Pup barking in the kennel?

Post by BCBeagles »

Electronic stimulation. i use a collar on them for a while to tone break them, then hang the collar up on the kennel and leave it on and tone with out the collar on them. takes consistancy and time, but has worked for me. good luck!

cpuckett

Post by cpuckett »

i never liked to use a bark collar because i have seen some dogs that get really tight on track,some people may not like herein it but i hollar one time after that i throw on a pair of boots and go out there and whip them nomatter what time of day or night it is it may take a week but if they got any brains they figure it out pretty quick,u may have to watch how u do this on a sqittish dog.i wake up easy so i will not tolarate a dog that barks just to bark,i understand if a deer or cat or something is in the yard and then after u break them of it all u have to do is hollar one time and they will quit,there may be other ways but this has worked the best for me,and my dog's are not sqittish or scared,
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

Throw a had full of sand in his mouth. it won't hurt him and he won't keep barking. It worked for me at a field trial. hack, hack!!!!!!

dog

Post by dog »

about an 8 oz glass of water in his face while telling him quiet , ussually only takes a couple of times , havent had to do it to mine in over a year but if im in the yard with a cup in my hand my dogs are in their boxes

rabbitsmoker

Post by rabbitsmoker »

I shock my barkers about 3 nights they get the point never had it to keep them from barking on a rabbit I holler at them 1st then the next time the tri-tronics does the hollering

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Depending on age a wire coat hanger has worked well for years.You bark=You get valuble lesson on hanger ethics.I hate a Barker. :twisted:
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

I shine a BRIGHT light at them (coon light in the eyes) and holler shut it, 1 week of this and they were good to go

mjd

Post by mjd »

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. wrote:Depending on age a wire coat hanger has worked well for years.You bark=You get valuble lesson on hanger ethics.I hate a Barker. :twisted:
:nod: :nod: :nod:

Craig

Post by Craig »

Shock em and shock em hard, it takes fewer treatments. I'll even set them up by carrying the transmitter in the truck so I can shock when I pull in if needed. I think bark collars aren't aggressive enough and they tolerate it

DJC

Post by DJC »

Tri-Tronics Shock Collar. Most figure it out quickly, if they are not smart enough to figure it out then they are not smart enough to live with me any longer.

south mtn beagles

Post by south mtn beagles »

water hose!!

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

I have a 3 foot long piece of 1-1/2 black plastic pipe. Instead of beating on the hound, I slap it against something that will make a loud drumming sound and holler at the same time. Before doing that I turn on the floodlights. After a couple of times, the floods will shut them up. And no, it doesn't make them gunshy.
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

i got one female that wont shut up at feed time its like she is looking right at a rabbits tail when she is running man i cant stand that i mean its every breath like she is starved to death i know she isnt gets fed everyday a full cup n halfas soon as i open her door she shuts up n after that you never know she is on the place
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

Pete Tuck

Post by Pete Tuck »

Water hose for me. Going to bed cold and wet seems to get their attention.
Cedar Row Beagles
LPRCH Mike's Ace in the Hole
LPRCH Cedar Row Harley