Sport dog The new Leader tracker shocker all in 1

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dogwhisperer

Sport dog The new Leader tracker shocker all in 1

Post by dogwhisperer »

Out in july of 2011 is the new sportdog TEK 1.0. This system not only tracks by gps but is a shocker all in one. They said it will control up to 12 dogs at one time.Why would we need anything else.The only thing i have not heard about this system is how far you can shock a dog.... Lets here some thoughts on this new product.
HOF COMP HOF REP GRRCH GRBCH TURBO POWERED BY TURBO
GRRCH BCH POOR BOY POWERED HANK
GRRCH BCH SUGARRUN TRIPLE X
RCH SUGARRUN EARTH RATLIN RUBY
RCH SUGARRUN ROCK-N-ROOSTER
RCH BURR OAK SUZIE

Black Rock Kennels

Re: Sport dog The new Leader tracker shocker all in 1

Post by Black Rock Kennels »

Tri-Tronics man myself. But I must say shock, track and hold 12 dogs sounds down right awesome long as it doesn't cost a million dollars
Home of Black Rock Kennels
LPRCH Powerhouse's Sarge

maplehill

Post by maplehill »

Guess you wouldn't be able to use one in a field trial since it has shocker combined. I would have to wait and see how they work before I would drip the money on sportdog brand.
Todd Yates
Maple Hill Beagles
Poplar Bluff, MO

RIP LP RCH TY'S MAPLE HILL MIKEY
LP GRRCH TY'S MAPLE HILL MOJO "no longer own, but still claim the rabbit crazy sucker"

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

Just got off sportdog could not find any link to it. Right now I`m runnin g ten dogs at once. Ya never know when you might need the shock part of it but would be nice to know where your hounds are by gps.
Jim Bonner was here a couple weeks ago, put one of his garmin on boss he went 6 miles while we were out. Neat

dave g

Post by dave g »

if sport dog made it right, there will be a lot of guys saying i used to be a tri tronic guy.

here is a link for them with prices :biggrin: http://www.gundogsupply.com/sportdog-te ... stems.html

later, dave

Black Rock Kennels

Post by Black Rock Kennels »

Looked around the web and found this units suppose to have a tracking and correction range of 7 miles WOW right now looks like it will be around $699. Pretty cool looking little set up, have to wait and check out the reviews before I refinance the house lol
Home of Black Rock Kennels
LPRCH Powerhouse's Sarge

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

We will be taking pre orders as soon as we have more info on the units. I can tell the field trialer that the shocker part can be seperated in just a few seconds. We have the pricing and just would like to be more up to all the options that are available. Tracking only $499 and Tracker and shocker $699 We were told they would be available this summer
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

FreeHoller40

Post by FreeHoller40 »

I knew it would only be a matter of time before they did this... I would like to hear some results from people after they use it... I would be interested to see how it holds up to others
MAKING RABBIT HATERS!!!

Visit Us:
http://www.cottonmouthbeagles.webs.com
~GRHBCH CH COTTONMOUTH'S RAGIN' CAJUN RUGER~
~GRHBCH CH CK'S HARE RAISIN' WHISKEY~
~HBCH CK'S BLACKBERRY MOONSHINE~

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

crap= I just got a new two dog sd3225 with the vibrate one shock all in one on an upgrade will be here today... Honestly thinking about keeping it in the box and using my old sd400 :oops: until it comes out and then using that to get the new ones... I can sell my old 1800 and that should be enough to buy it with the trade in

20 hour battery life stinks though!!! you would have to charge it everytime you went out and if you somehow did loose a dog by the next day you would never get a signal..
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

This is what tri tronics needs some one to wake them up.I love my old tri tronics classic 70 10 years old and have never had the first problem,still only have to charge the batteries 2 times a year on the collars they have been great.I tried a newer set and they sucked the range was about half the old ones and the batteries were junk.If my old ones ever crap out I'll go to Sport Dog.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

here is 10 for sale-- someone please buy it and review it for me!! lol :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... vi-content
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Tri-Tronics want be far behind , they want to be sure all the bugs are worked out before they go to market ; )
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

T LEE

Post by T LEE »

There will be alot of Garmin trackers and Tri-Tronic shock collars for sale over the Summer. Hunters have been waiting for something like this for a long time. I'm not even worried about the 20 hours of charge. Being able to Track and Tone/shock if needed ...there is No reason a dog would be out longer than that. :cool:

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

I've owned 2 Sportdog models of e-collars. Neither one of them ever failed me. I wouldn't hesitate to try this new model.

However, I have a couple questions. What's the price for the additional collars? And do they have the topo map options like the Garmins?

PDBCPres

Post by PDBCPres »

I have been in contact with Sport Dog about their new unit. Actually talked to the fellow who did the field testing. He said the unit would probably be lighter than a e collar/tacking collar setup, but maybe a little bulkier. The system is suppose to shock as far as it will track. We all know that is based on running conditions. 7 miles in a perfect world. I have got an email in to Sport Dog to try and get a rep for the Big Pack World Hunt. I would really like to see it work before I make that big of a commitment. The price is $699 for unit and one collar and he did not know about extra collars. Probably around $200. I held off on getting a Garmin until I see It work.