Sport dog The new Leader tracker shocker all in 1

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Chip E

Re: Sport dog The new Leader tracker shocker all in 1

Post by Chip E »

All the information above is right they will ready in July, here is a post from the Shot Show in Jan about the Unit.
« Previous How to (Not) Name Your DogGun Dogs HomeBetter Tick Prevention Next »January 20, 2011
SHOT Show: SportDog TEK 1.0 - 2
by Brian Lynn

SportDOG TEK 1.0:
At this week's SHOT Show, SportDOG Brand of training gear and accessories upped the ante in the dog-training and tracking world. The company's new TEK 1.0 combines GPS-tracking capabilities and electrical stimulation into one rugged collar unit. And they did it at a lower price point than that of Garmin's Astro unit, the current industry leader.

Now everyone from houndsmen to those that use big-running pointing breeds can keep track of their dogs AND make remote corrections from a single handheld unit. The TEK 1.0 is available in two models: the 1.0L is a GPS tracking collar only and will reportedly retail for $100 less than Garmin's Astro. The 1.0LT combines both the GPS-tracking and e-collar and will cost about $100 more than Garmin's Astro.

The TEK has a range of seven miles and can track up to 12 dogs at once. Not only does it show the dog's location, it also reports on its status -- stopped or direction of movement.

When married/combined with the e-collar unit, the TEK provides up to 100 levels of e-collar stimulation, vibration or tone corrections.

The transmitter is waterproof and submersible up to 25 feet, and all components (GPS tracking, e-collar and transmitter) charge via a single wall adapter. A 2-hour full-charge time provides about 20 hours of battery life.

It remains to be seen how well the GPS capabilities stack up against the Garmin Astro, and how well it performs in dense cover, rugged terrain or how consistent the stimulation is under similar circumstances, but it's exciting to see the technology advancing and providing trainers and hunters a convenient unit that does it all -- and at a lower price point.

I have a picture but what I have heard is that the unit will be just a GPS Unit and also a shock unit or just a GPS unit and no shock unit. Call and get on the list for the first units out.
Thank You
Chip Eisenhut

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

Not having the map feature just slowed me up a little. Why would you leave that out?

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

Could be because they would have to pay for the mapping. I remember a couple years back when garmin's mapping supplier was purchased (I believe by one of the cell phone companies) and they got in a bidding war for a second mapping provider, but wound up running the bid and letting the other company purchase it. Absent an in house unit, Garmin can spread this subscription cost over their many product lines and my auto gps is old enough that I would have to pay for updates.
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Glad to see it, that will only push Garmin to improve on their system now that they have direct competition. :nod:

I'll stick with what I've got, it works well so I'm going to keep using it. In hindsight I don't believe I would have bought my Garmin system....I should have stuck with the Tracker Maxima Complete I already had. :dance:

CHRIS HILL

Post by CHRIS HILL »

ARE ANY OF THE OLDER TELEMETRY MAKERS COMING OUT WITH GPS UNITS.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

Supposedly Marshall is, don't know when though.

Swamp

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

are there any formats of trials that allow gps but not shockers? Will that cause any issues..?
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

andrew_kirby

Post by andrew_kirby »

ARHA LP you cant use shockers but tracking collars are allowed on the dogs the handlers tracking device must be left in the truck during the hunt.

RunemRagged

Post by RunemRagged »

looks awesome, but what does that $700 price include, how much to expand out to 6 dogs....how much more per collar

Mo. Beagler 5000

its i think 249 or something per extrA collar but but but but... how much is it to expand to a six dog shocker and a six dog tracker... I bet its still cheaper than to have 6shockers 6 collars and 2 transmitters... besides no other colllar shocks 7 miles away... and its less hassle... worth the cost imo.... plus for poor folks like it will drive the garmin prices to affordable :)

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Mo. Beagler 5000 wrote: it will drive the garmin prices to affordable :)
The Garmin units are already cheaper than a Tracker or other leading telemetry tracking system, I don't think the Sportdog unit will drive down prices much at all. They certainly haven't driven down the price of TriTronics items with their shock collars.

Mo. Beagler 5000

thats because the tt still had features the sport dogs didn't that most people wanted. Now that the 3225 e collar came out which is a superior product to most nything tt has it will have an effect... guaranteed...

and i heard at least four people in this forum and t least 20 in the coon dog forums that said they are selling their garmin if it the sportdog model is as adverstized... shocking 7 miles and tracking the whole time for a hundred more than sportdog now has will definately drop the price. Its supply and demand 101.. plus I can always buy a used garmin from one of the hundred people who will sell it the day they can get their hands on the tek sportdog :biggrin:

matt c

Post by matt c »

Does the new sport dog tracker give you the yardage from you to the dog like the garmin does or just the direction?

Mo. Beagler 5000

One guy in a bird dog forum said he is field testing the model says it does give you yardage but its as the crow flys and has no maps or topp stuff period... so if your dogs runs a mile up a mountain but is only like 30 ft away its gonna show 30 ft I think.. Thats just what I read but who knows. Usually people make stuff up about secret new products :roll: I also don't think you can record data. but I bet you garmin or tt will when they make one in a year or two :)

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

can u turn the collars off and on,on the collar. i would never spend that kind of money on a collar if someone could pick my dog up and shut the collar off.i guess for me if the dog dont listen or dont come back and needs shocked that bad it is not worth having.i mean come on if i was running 2 dogs i would have 730$ in collars and maybe 100$ in dogs lol.
DEADEYES POACHER