Talk to me about F.C. Howard's Bandit

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Talk to me about F.C. Howard's Bandit

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I have had several asking me if i was going to raise any pups this Spring.I always like to keep in mind the studs that go back to I.F.C.Maravic's Blue Ninja and his sire Branko's Jack of all Trades.Bandit's pedigree is very strong in those hounds and it sounds like he is reproducing the traits I like and that Ninja,Jack and Eagle have been known for.
I would be interested in hearing any comments in regards to his reproducing traits [strengths and weaknesses] by those that have bred to him and by any of those that have run with or against him and may have judged him.I know that there is no substitute for running with a stud but I believe if houndsmen are honest that we can share a lot of valuable info. through this forum that can help us make informed decesions that can lead to some good crosses being made.
I have several good ,solid Rabbit Champion females out of Reggie x double Syris McGee bitch,Thunder Blue x Branko's Sassy Suzie and Reggie x double Ninja bitch.Any one made any crosses with similar lines? What are you seeing?
I know Bandit ran as both a 13" and a 15" What size pups does he tend to throw?
Thanks for any of your in-put.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Re: Talk to me about F.C. Howard's Bandit

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Shady, I judged Bandit when he was a LP Dog and always thought he was way clean for it.I cant remember when or where it was but he lost no fault of his.Once he went to Midwest i Watched him run a few times and often told Danny that the 13" thing would haunt him and it did.I got a call one night telling me it had finally caught up with him and i replied"Just run where you belong with the bigdogs" He did and the rest as we say is history.
I have personally never seen offspring from him but i truely beleive Iron Eagle was one of the most overlooked stud Hounds in the country.Of course i may be Parcel.I own one.There is a certain line that most reggie fellas aint found yet.Is it Eagle? Very well maybe.I have crossed My eagle bitch back to her uncle and come up with what i think maybe my best cross ever, several on here have a pup and i guess they are all started at this time but me being the feet dragger i really am not doing mine justice due to work.
All eagle dogs i know pocess similar traits Above average nose Good hunt and very level headed. Example when Abbie was competing in the Midwest she would not swing any in the check it cost her probaly 3 first place wins.But she would also be very patient when running her rabbit and thats what made her a FC.Funny thing people that never liked me or Junie always loved abbie, Good luck in the quest and fill free to call anytime as i will spill everything i know about eagle hounds.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

pete young

Post by pete young »

Dana,
I have never hunted with the dog, but was at several trials that I got to see him run. Very good dog. Runs a lot of rabbit and hunts hard. Vey deserving of his title.
Stoney Run Kennels.
Hunt'em if you got'em!

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

I have seen several pups out of him and like what i see. Seen Bandit go a long time ago and he is the real deal. My buddy has pups out of him with two different females and both look good at an early age.
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

I watched him at trials several times when he was running in the 15" class. A very nice rabbit dog, always busy, on the line, and his biggest attribute was the ability to turn the rabbit out of a pack. I watched him more than one time slam on the brakes, letting the high flyers run by, then turn with the track and not let up (rabbit smarts and pure intelligence). I think the best thing that happened to the dog was Danny sending him to Vicky for stud (I think Danny would agree). There was a ton of controversy surrounding the dogs size and many did not agree with what happened (on both sides) during the Bandits trialing career, thus they did not want anything to do with the situation. I honestly believe Bandit would have finished quicker in the 15" class rather than spending a good deal of time in the 13's...this is mainly due to class size and the males that were competing in the 15's at that time....that is neither here nor there and just my opinion. This should not hinder what the dog accomplished and what the dogs abilities are....Iron Eagle seems to be a really nice line and something to not be overlooked when looking for reproducing ability.
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

hurryup

Post by hurryup »

Do yourself a favor and breed to Bandit. I have seen the dog run in trials and just gun hunting. He will turn and pick up checks alone or down with a pack. Bandit has brains, I would have kept him here forever but he didnt belong to me. I have seen some young dogs out of him, and seen the Diablo dog run. I bet you won't regret it.
Vicky
Visit Our Website

Hurry Up Beagles.Com

JBastin

Post by JBastin »

I have watched Bandit run several times since he has been in Ky. with Ryan Durham and let me tell you, Bandit, even at 9 yrs old, can do some pretty amazing stuff. He won't be your pack leader in a pack of big males, but they better not mess up, because Bandit sure won't. He doesn't stray off the line. He knows when he doesn't smell rabbit anymore to go back to the last place he smelled it and work out from there and he will blister dogs over and over again. He's also clean with his mouth. Don't know that I've heard him make one off bark. I wish I could have seen him go when he was young as I'm sure he has lost a step or two, but even now, Bandit is a rabbit dog, that's for sure.

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Is Bandit at Danny's now or somewhere else? I have a bitch coming in heat that I want to breed to him.
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

JBastin

Post by JBastin »

He is at Ryan Durham's place in South Central Ky. Call him anytime.
606-787-9582
606-224-4588

THALL

Post by THALL »

Only seen him run once. That was enough to see he was a rabbit-dog! Clean with speed and hunt!
Keep the best, cull the rest!

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Guys
Thanks for the feedback.From the positive comments that were stated and from things I've heard in the past regarding Bandit he sounds like the kind of hound we all would like to have.
Bandit has some blueticks in his background [ sire-Eagle,grandsire top-Curious George and grandsire bottom-Ninja.Anyone getting any blue pups out of him?
Again thanks for the info.
Dana
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Harehunter37

Post by Harehunter37 »

Is there any chilled semen available from him?

Harehunter37

Post by Harehunter37 »

hurryup wrote:Do yourself a favor and breed to Bandit. I have seen the dog run in trials and just gun hunting. He will turn and pick up checks alone or down with a pack. Bandit has brains, I would have kept him here forever but he didnt belong to me. I have seen some young dogs out of him, and seen the Diablo dog run. I bet you won't regret it.
Vicky
Whats the diablo dog your talking about? Thanks

ChadCaslte

Post by ChadCaslte »

Diablo is owned by Brian McDavid, he lives in Grayson, Ky. Diablo is a very nice hound and %100 rabbit dog! He has one win in midwest and several placements. Diablo is out of Bandit and Howards Run Around Suzie her ped looks like this:

--------------------------FC Northway Driver
----------------FC Chimney Hills Driver
--------------------------FC Branko's Spring Kisses
Howards Run Around Suzie
-------------------------Elk Creeks Gentle George
----------------Daz's Ashleys Britney
-------------------------Hall's Little Molly
Chad Castle
606-793-0244

Bradh

Post by Bradh »

Bandits a great hound I have watched him run a bunch while he was at mom's ton of hunt great control a lot of brains to work the track right. Awesome to gun hunt solo or packed he wont let you down. His pups that I have seen are a lot like him they really dig in the brush and are full of drive they wont quit.