Webmaster's Poll

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

What do we do about Redtick?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:45 pm

Allow Redtick to stay. His controversy adds spice.
No votes
No votes
No votes
Allow Redtick to stay, but delete posts designed to create negativity.
18%
18%
18%
Kick him to the curb
16%
Kick him to the curb
16%
Kick him to the curb
16%

Total votes: 45

Bev
Site Admin

Webmaster's Poll

Post by Bev »

After reviewing the topics and posts over the last few weeks, I have come to this consclusion; Redtick is your typical narcissist. Redtick can offer good information at times. The rest of the time Redtick lives in a me, me, me world. For example,

Redtick rarely praises another man's dog or congratulates another's success - he's only interested in bragging up his own hounds - and will do it at irrelevent times.

When faced with a several hour wait and a camera with good batteries, he'd rather sit at the clubhouse and whine rather than go film some other dogs besides his own. He obviously doesn't feel anyone else's hounds are worth filming.

Because he doesn't like the rules of several formats, he feels they should be changed and everyone's life should be made hell until they are, regardless of the fact that the majority of folks are quite happy with the status quo. Bitching to the beaglers that come here for information is ineffective for actually bringing about change. You're talking to the wrong people - that needs to be done higher up, therefore, it serves no purpose other than to create strife. We know how you feel about it all, we don't need reminders T.I.D.

I'm not the only Webmaster that wishes he would give it up and get along or go away. Not just Chris and me, Redtick I've heard from others, too.

Since the world revolves around Redtick, his hounds and Frances Gail, and he feels things should be done the way he sees fit, I shall use his preferred method of creating a poll to decide his future on this board. The only thing I ask is that you sign your name and own up to your vote option, otherwise someone can pad the results and it will be meaningless. Redtick, you get a vote, too. I'll be interested in hearing the explanation for your vote option. If the poll rules against you, then all I can say is "Don't let the door hit'cha where the Good Lord split'cha!"

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

I dont like to see anyone get "kicked to the curb" BUT on the other hand Bev shouldnt have to read every post unless she wishes to. Bev gave him a very clear warning to cut the crap a few days ago and it doesnt seem to have soaked in. My vote is...... If he cant understand English he needs "Kicked to the curb"!
Crane Creek Kennels

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Re: Webmaster's Poll

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

Bev wrote:The only thing I ask is that you sign your name and own up to your vote option, otherwise someone can pad the results and it will be meaningless. !"
Crane Creek Kennels

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

allow him to stay, but if any post is even questionable, then delete it at once. I'm the last person in the world who would approve of censorship :censored: of any kind, but when I think about it, he did this to himself.

Post by Guest »

I dont really believe in kicking someone off a board unless they are way offbase(see Rebel,Magnum etc)with stuff like vulgarity or racist posts.This is just my 2 cents worth.

Post by Guest »

I dont really believe in kicking someone off a board unless they are way offbase(see Rebel,Magnum etc)with stuff like vulgarity or racist posts.This is just my 2 cents worth.
J.Murphy/Murphy's Kennel

Post by Guest »

Sorry,didnt mean to post twice.I was just trying to add my name.

J.Murphy

DarrinG

Post by DarrinG »

I do not prefer to see anyone who has not used vulgarity and shameless aggression banned from anything. I voted to let him stay but quickly and swiftly delete anything he posts that is meant to stir controversy unprovoked.

Some may not want to hear this but I'm gonna say it anyhow:

I was once filthy as a begger, lived like hell, but someone looked down upon me from on high, saw my terrible situation and came to me, lifted me up out of sinking sand and entered my heart and made me a new man. I am still as dirty as filthy rags, but I am now covered with a new coat and have no desires for the ugly as I once did. He forgave me of my past and still forgives me daily. Halleluiah to my Savior Jesus Christ. I just want to please Him and live & love like He would Himself. I know I cannot, but I sill want to live as close to His example as possible, and when I screw up, I know He is there to love me and forgive me if I ask.

I have made some posts to Redtick that maybe I shouldn't have. I should have overlooked some of the childish posts and went on about my business instead of replying to it. I do not believe I ever got out of line, but maybe I should have just overlooked it none-the-less.

If Redtick wants to live in his own little world and wear blinders, I guess that is his business. If he wants to stir trouble and cause dissention on Beverley's board, that is between he and she. However, I would hate to see anyone banned permanetly from this board.

God could have permanately "banned" me many times if He so chose.

But He didn't, and I am thankful. Thankful indeed.
+++
He's coming....are you ready?

biscuit

Post by biscuit »

KICK HIM OFF!

Biscuit
Tom Langston
Gal 2:20
Let Jesus Live

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

The time limit on this poll is set for 7 days.

S.R. Patch

Post by S.R. Patch »

I believe Tic should stay. Though being closed minded, it shows his conviction of believing in what he says, be it right or wrong. But being able to accept people as they are and overlooking the short comings in each of us is how we're more able to get along. We should take each others experience to draw and learn from to save us all from making the same mistakes. Good discussion with more facts and explanation will knock more of the rough edges off blunt statements than anything else. ;)
To all the Best...Patch

ps. pup is in a class all his own...

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

Allow him to stay but monitor his post tight . I personally think that it would be okay to delete any post that is bashing a judge or a registery if it is done by the same person on a regular basic, once post become personal vennetta that should be delete reguardless who post them. I remember as I sure others do when the ARHA Q&A board was very busy with lots of info and questions about judging situations and thought prevoking issues and a certain person came along and started posting garbage and almost destroyed that board , and I am seeing a similarity here the number of informitive post are going down and it is a lot of junk post but still has some good threads. It's your board Bev and I am honored to use it , I post anything and you delete it that is okay this board is a priveledge not a right. Thanks Hearld Dalton

Don Leckrone

Post by Don Leckrone »

Kick him off, If I remember correctly there was some rules on conduct and behavior when this board started,and redtic was informed of the rules.and chooses to continue to put down what other beaglers enjoy. from what I have seen on other Q&A , if this conduct is let go, it only gets worse. get rid of the problem all together.

BH

Post by BH »

I voted to let him stay as long as he does not try to stirr up trouble! This is my only post about this type of stuff and how many times have we as a single person hurt someone else's feeling rather on purpose or not? Probly more times than we want to know. And it is like Darrin said, if God is willing to forgive me of my short commings then I should be able to forgive others of theirs. And Bev. I would like for you to set a standard of times anyone can post topics that are like the ones talked about in this topic? Because I know some people will talk you to deatha bout personal beliefs on any subject but if you set a limit on how many post can be made that can be like these types by Redtick it would help others out. Say like 10 post degrading a trtail forum, not being racist, calling others names etc... And I also feel that all that reply to redticks posts about this topic are just as wrong on doing it as he is, including myself. That is all I have to say on this,

Jeff Lucas
Dog box $500, Shock collar $600, Tracking collar $1,000, pick up truck 22,000, A kid shooting his first rabbit PRISELESS
Thanks Jeff

mohunter

Post by mohunter »

I also voted to let him stay, if he behaves. Bev this is part of your responsibility to this board, so take control. BUT, if he cont. to talk about the TAB. then Redtick is getting into your personal income and should be gone. You should never need to monitor Redtick again, if you see something you dont like, then he is gone. You have better things to do with your life than babysit Redtick and his posts .