RIP Talkabout RJ

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Craig

RIP Talkabout RJ

Post by Craig »

I got a text from Paul Prevot this evening saying that RJ died today. RJ was owned by Ivan Mast, he was a Dual Grand in Little Pack and was in the little pack hall of fame. RJ was an outstanding hound and was loved very much by Ivan and the Prevot family. You can see a picture of RJ on the guest photos page of this site. Sorry for your loss, he will be missed.

Brooksidebeagler

Re: RIP Talkabout RJ

Post by Brooksidebeagler »

Thanks Craig. It is a very sad day at the Mast house. RJ was not only a great rabbit dog but he was also the best friend anyone could ask for. He has been running loss at the house for the last six month sunday night I had to call him before he came out of his box to eat and then Monday afternoon when I was feeding dogs I found him died in his box. RJ will be missed very much. Rest In Peace my friend.
R CH B CH Denniston's Big River May Fly
R CH Hurry Up Curly
R CH Little Valley Claire
R CH B CH Hurry Up It's All Speculation

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

RJ was a super nice dog.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

sharon

Post by sharon »

So sorry to hear about your loss, Ivan. Hopefully your fond memories of RJ will help to ease the saddness in your heart. Find comfort in knowing that you were a lucky man to have owned such an outstanding hound!

Blu Tick Beagler

Post by Blu Tick Beagler »

We had the privilege of owning, hunting, and competing with one of the best rabbit hounds that I have ever seen run. I’ve judge hundreds, maybe even thousands of rabbit dogs all over the country and from experience I can say he was one of the best. The one of a kind, complete package! We had the honor of standing in the winner’s circle with him 28 times, including 2 national championships, and 3 State championships, before we retired him at 4 years old. He was inducted into the Hall of fame in 2006 to stand beside some of the greatest dogs to ever compete in this sport.

There’s good and bad to owing a dog like RJ. The good is that you had the opportunity own such an awesome hound. The bad is that you can never replace him and he will always be the measuring stick for every hound you own in the future.

Ivan, Bobbie, and I have so many memories, and have met so many people because of this hound. Heck, most of you would probably not even know our names if it wasn’t for us campaigning him all over the country. Most of the points that put me into the Hall of Fame came from this hound!

Ivan, my friend I am so sorry and feel your pain. RJ loved you as much as you loved him!

GRCH, GRRCH, Hall of Fame Talkabout RJ- R.I.P. old buddy. You will be missed!
Last edited by Blu Tick Beagler on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
B.T.A.K Kennels
Paul and Bobbie Prevot

toldyouso

Post by toldyouso »

RJ may not live for ever in this world but he will live for every in our hearts and are memories. Keep your head up ivan and sorry for your loss

hurryup

Post by hurryup »

Sorry to hear about your loss..He was a one of a kind.
Vicky
Visit Our Website

Hurry Up Beagles.Com

Pinocio

Post by Pinocio »

Sorry for your loss Ivan he was an exceptional hound who will never be forgotten! RIP RJ

EMeade III

Post by EMeade III »

Sorry for your loss. Rj was a heck of a dog!

TrlBustinBeagle

Post by TrlBustinBeagle »

Paul,Bobbie, and Ivan sorry for your loss. Paul last time I talked to you I remember you saying how much you enjoyed RJ. The great ones are always hard to replace but will always fill our hearts.
Trail Bustin Beagles
Winners Train While Losers Complain

RIP:
Nr FC Juls Trail Bustin Hollie
Fld Wnr. JJ's Magnificent Maggie
Home of:
Trail Bustins Josie Wales
Trail Bustin's Magnificent Maxie

Michael Maynard

Post by Michael Maynard »

Paul,Bobbie and Ivan sorry for your loss,RJ was a real hound, I know how much he meant to you guys, he will be missed.
TRIPLE M'S BEAGLES
LPGRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE II
LPGRCH BACKROAD'S AXLE
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S OL BLACK BETTY
LPRCH TRIPLE M'S CODE BLUE CHANCE
LPRCH BACKROAD'S SIMBA

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

Ivan I am sorry to hear of your loss! May he rest in peace.I am glad I had the opportunity to watch him run!Take care my friend!

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

Ivan Sorry for your loss RJ was a Heck of a Dog.

cspot

Post by cspot »

Sorry to hear about RJ. He was a heck of a dog.

osu19957

Post by osu19957 »

Hello Everyone,

I know this is long overdue but I am very sorry to hear of RJ passing as well. I own two females from his and JR Flying Allie. Believe it or not they were 10 years old on July 10, 2014. I have been trying to get in touch with Paul Prevot since I bought these two dogs when they were one. I grew up with this dogs and we have learned together. My one dog Annie is not doing so hot and I was hoping that this line was still around and wanted to speak with Paul to see if anyone still has this line or dogs similar. Does anyone know how to reach Paul to talk to him and find out if I can get another couple of females just like these two? I love them both and want to keep this line going. Annie has had to very successful litters crossed with My Danny boy out of Laneline Kennels. We have kept 4 of the 10 pups she had and most have turned out great.

Please let me know if you know how to get get in touch with Paul Prevot please.

Thanks, Casey